Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:30:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is gone will the other coin survive?  (Read 1710 times)
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:15:47 AM

Of course other cryptocurrencies will survive in the absence of bitcoin the reason being that,the blockchain technology underlying bitcoin is what will continue to thrive if bitcoin is gone and so will other cryptocurrencies too.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:38:18 AM

The price of alts seem to be in direct proportion with bitcoin the price of bitcoin. Which is why, I'm certain that some alts won't survive if bitcoin will be "gone" and some alts with a solid foundation like Eth and litecoin will probably take it's  place eeventually.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:03:48 AM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

It depends on the reason. Let’s say bitcoin was gone because it was infiltrated by hackers then people would fear the safety of other coins, thus resulting for people to lessen or not completely trust them at all. But, if bitcoin just happen to lose it’s value natrally because of it’s volatility, then I think people would look for another coin to invest in that they will treat as bitcoin.

jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:19:12 AM

Has anyone noticed any altcoins go up when btc drops?  I seen very few if any altcoins go up if thats the case.  Also i noticed altcoins drop much harder than btc dropping.

If thats the case, if bitcoin hits really high price, wouldn't that mean almost all the altcoins will go up and multiply that much?  Example if btc ever hits say 200k, well would that mean monero, lisk and all these other coins would at least 10x itself?  Because from what i notice, thats the pattern.  Coins that were 1 dollar are now like 7 dollars etc.  However, if btc hits 200k, would those other coins maybe 2 or 3x only?  Or is everything going to basically at least 10x if btc 20x itself.
Icch

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:04:09 AM

I very much doubt it if Bitcoin goes under that other cryptocurrency will survive.  Bitcoin is the heartbeat of all cryptocurrency.  Every coin is traded against Bitcoin and whatever happens to bitcoin always affect other coin. Without Bitcoin forget the whole cryptocurrency.

as said there is no correlation, btc did loose and eth didnt loose that much.
there are much more traded pairs than BTC/... . ETH/... USDT/... USD/...
But for example:You trade BTC/ADA for 0.00003166 $0.33, BTC drops now, so BTC/ADA 0.00003166 is worth now $0.22, so also the price of ADA drops. my suggestions is trade ETH/... pairs. ETH is not as volatil as BTC. Also if more people trade a more stable pair, the market wont loose that much each dump.
keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:18:25 PM

With regards for your question if alt coins can survive if Bitcoin crash, will for me maybe a the short period of time some altcoins may survive but in the long run it can't. if Bitcoin the first crypto coin and the pillars of crypto currency die there is no reason altcoins where survive. they will all vanish one by one if ever bitcoin will be dead
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:28:49 PM

No. I don't think other cryptocurrency will die just because Bitcoin is no more survive. Every coin has it own blockchain so it'll not be affected when Bitcoin dead. Of course the price of the whole market will be affected but other crypto will still alive. Beside almost token depend on ETH blockchain so it'll not the be the big problem for them when Bitcoin dead Smiley

Lock00Live

Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

I very much doubt it if Bitcoin goes under that other cryptocurrency will survive.  Bitcoin is the heartbeat of all cryptocurrency.  Every coin is traded against Bitcoin and whatever happens to bitcoin always affect other coin. Without Bitcoin forget the whole cryptocurrency.

as said there is no correlation, btc did loose and eth didnt loose that much.
there are much more traded pairs than BTC/... . ETH/... USDT/... USD/...
But for example:You trade BTC/ADA for 0.00003166 $0.33, BTC drops now, so BTC/ADA 0.00003166 is worth now $0.22, so also the price of ADA drops. my suggestions is trade ETH/... pairs. ETH is not as volatil as BTC. Also if more people trade a more stable pair, the market wont loose that much each dump.
Almost all atlcoins have their own community and organization to build and develop their projects so if the bitcoin disappears, the other altcoins will work normally, though I believe that in the beginning altcoin will also be greatly affected. However, I still believe that bitcoin will grow strongly with the market over the years because of its scarcity and many advantages.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
weeks65

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:47:34 PM

Bitcoin will not be gone, but even if it someday happens the market will try and replace it with another option/options.

So, yes, many other coins will survive.
I think so . Because some coins may survive even though Bitcoin dies but I doubt it for any other coin.  It is very difficult to make a decision.
Gobeller

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:52:25 PM

With regards for your question if alt coins can survive if Bitcoin crash, will for me maybe a the short period of time some altcoins may survive but in the long run it can't. if Bitcoin the first crypto coin and the pillars of crypto currency die there is no reason altcoins where survive. they will all vanish one by one if ever bitcoin will be dead

Without bitcoin, it become extremely hard to manage other coins' survival on the exchange platforms. They probably all collapse to the floor and die.
cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:08:21 PM

Basing on the market today bitcoin is dumping hard and also the alt coins. I guess without bitcoin the other coins will be gone too. What do you think?

I am sure that the cryptocurrencies are the future.
 what will be the best cryptocurrencies will be the market to decide it, and it will be their way to adapt.
As Darwin teaches us, only those who can adapt to the surrounding world survive and take over.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:48:59 AM

Bitcoin is not the last resort.
This, on the contrary, will give an incentive to other coins, where transactions are much faster, there are not many problems, and so on.
And most importantly, we know the creators of these coins and can follow the development)
Probably it takes time to surivive .it would be based on the process if there is a trusted coin can replace bitcoin and more successful one.also the triumphs of one coin must based on how it would run through the years of serves, if people an support for such kind one.
But we know bitcoin has a great one and they reached there triumphs. And more people make it stand as always.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:54:10 PM

Yes, the existence of other coins in the cryptocurrency will survive since they are not related to bitcoin. Every coin has a unique and separated juridical personality so they are not affected if one of them are gone.
ipbitrung01

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:03:11 PM

We can see that the crypto market is growing tremendously, which is demonstrated by the increasing number of potential and successful projects after its release. Bitcoin is a monument, but if the bitcoin collapses, there are also many other coin that can be replaced like NEO, ETH BCH that are incredibly potent coin and can flourish.
alibaba93

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:33:17 PM

We can see that at present there are many potential projects and will be very strong in 2018, which could replace bitcoin. Bitcoins in recent days have shown volatility and volatility. So I think that when the bitcoin breaks down there will be projects like ETH, BCH, LTC instead. These are all projects that will boom over in 2018.
barsharkol12

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:09:27 AM

Of course other coin will survive like eth and litecoins because they do not depend on btc. Also they are competetors in this cryptoworld if bitcoin will perish its a big fish for eth we all know that eth is the 2nd biggest cryptocurrency it will replace btc. But it take years Or many decades. Btc is the king of crypto world.
InvestMen

Activity: 270

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:56:08 AM

Despite the fact that Bitcoin is the most famous crypto currency, it is by no means the only one. In fact, the market is very saturated.
The_White_RabbitBTC

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:11:25 AM

For me altcoins depends on the bitcoin price if it will be gone, all them are gone too.Because bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency  and the other altcoins is hard to survive without bitcoin,it will never die it has the stability and it is the strongest coin in crypto.

Well that is not 100% correct there are decentralized tokens that are independent of other crypto, but most of them are just inflated due to speculation. Tokens like lympo.io that have real world applications have no fear if the entire crypto space collapses and it has shown that in a bad market and crazy crypto dips, it remained green all the time from it launch. Plus they are doing something that has never been done before by any other ico for that matter. They will be giving away companies stock to tokens HODLers, because it is a real business with a real usage in the world, so no matter the economical climate it will still be used, learn more on https://cryptonews.com/news/lithuanian-startup-kicks-off-new-coin-model-mulls-ipo-1438.htm     
HolderLoo

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:51:10 AM

Bitcoin brings a revolution to digital currency technology. that is the beginning. All influence and development of the market are influenced by the importance of bitcoin.
- Altcoin is dependent on that by default.
- no bitcoin, altcoin can go up or vice versa. Is there a crypto market and does it get popular and look right? or ready to be forgotten.
Nanot

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:07:33 AM

As for me that is true bacause without bitcoin the other coins will be gone also because the bitcoin is the coin of the biginning on what this too many coins came from so if bitcoin was gone the other coins also is gone by its we must say that without bitcoin..no one coins existed and to be used for any transactions it is useless when bitcoin is gone.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: