Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you mean by decay of merit points??  (Read 193 times)
Naitik (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:48:13 AM
Merited by jerry29@ (1)

As entitled in the forum that if someone not give its merit points to the deserving posts, It ultimately decays from your profile in the future.
What is the reason behind this?
Do it is a wake up call for the legendary or the hero members that you should have to circulate your merit points??
If someone not obey these rules, Do their lose their higher rank?? or just it is a verbal threat.
It is very weird that someone who is hero member with 2000 activities with 1000 merit points will become junior member with 2000 activities and 0 merit.
What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:05:46 AM
Merited by mprep (1), Stratobitz (1)

It's just the sMerit that will decay. These are points that are generated when somebody is awarded merit points. The idea is that those points should be awarded to other members to encourage quality posts. If a member does not use his sMerit, then they may be removed, but this won't affect the merit points he has been awarded. There is a responsibility in having sMerit to award, and it can take some time to find posts to receive them. Some members are not prepared to spend this time, so they dump their points in the soup kitchens, or misuse them by assisting in the promotion of their signature campaign members, or their alts.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:20:25 PM

As entitled in the forum that if someone not give its merit points to the deserving posts, It ultimately decays from your profile in the future.
What is the reason behind this?

Just making it clear here  that this is not going to happen as per current rules. Here is what I see in my profile:

There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.

This means that decaying of merit points may be introduced in future if required.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

This means that decaying of merit points may be introduced in future if required.

Merit points and sMerits are not the same thing. As far as I know, there is no plan to decay or remove merit points. It is sMerit ( the bonus for  being awarded merit points ) that may be decayed.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:03:09 PM

I think the ranks should also be reduced if the member is not able to get certain number of merit points in a fixed time interval.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:34:59 PM

I think the ranks should also be reduced if the member is not able to get certain number of merit points in a fixed time interval.

what happens if he goes on holiday, or just gets fed up with the deluge of low value newbie posts everywhere. Whatever happened to "read the boards before you start posting and repeating the same old questions"?

EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:06:47 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

Theymos was talking about this in the original thread, I don't feel like going through the entire thread trying to find his mentions of this in particular, but from what I remember this was just talk about possibilities in the future.

Someone, please, correct me if I am wrong, but there is currently nothing in place that decays merit at all. This disclaimer was probably put into place, because theymos' sees this is a very real possibility for a future implementation within the merit system. For example, inactive legendaries coming back and slinging around merit like they're a pinata, I'm sure would be something that would be a contributing factor to this sort of thing.

This doesn't sound fair, because these members have already solidified their place in the community; Satoshi, if he were not in his own rank, would fall into this category of member that have contributed in the past and deserve to maintain their rank, regardless of their future input.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:02:49 AM

I think you should shut the fuck up and leave the forum, with posts like this

For me, Bitcoin is a scheme to get rich quick. It is a reliable program that has given good returns for last 7 years.

You are one dumb never gonna level up fuck

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
JinCrypts

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:14:38 AM

To add something there is no such thing is decaying of Merit, Only sMerits
and there is no Demerit, only red trust!

I think you should shut the fuck up and leave the forum, with posts like this

For me, Bitcoin is a scheme to get rich quick. It is a reliable program that has given good returns for last 7 years.

You are one dumb never gonna level up fuck

I think this account is an alt that who wants to flame the Merit system, well get a life dude with that kind of mentality you wont get appreciated by anybody. 

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: