Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many Haters / Spammers  (Read 238 times)
litecoinricky (OP)

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

I need a break!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:34:57 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Hi guys,
I was just wondering why so many haters and spammers are getting away with so much abuse and off topic garbage.
Im a member of many forums of all different subjects, and I see these kind of people get banned all the time, but not on here, why ?
They seem to spam just to up there post count, and most seem to have gained some merits, and are advertising in their signatures.
Am I the only one that thinks its wrong ?
Rick

I'll take any freebies on offer Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:05:38 PM

Hi guys,
I was just wondering why so many haters and spammers are getting away with so much abuse and off topic garbage.
Im a member of many forums of all different subjects, and I see these kind of people get banned all the time, but not on here, why ?
They seem to spam just to up there post count, and most seem to have gained some merits, and are advertising in their signatures.
Rick

Though there is some moderation, It's a free forum. Everyone can do anything they like and the quality depends on the preference of the viewer.
In my opinion, your post is a spam which advocates against the free speech, decentralization, human rights and democracy.
journeyman12

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:44:43 PM

haha, that is a good one.
litecoinricky (OP)

Activity: 171

I need a break!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:05:41 PM

Hi guys,
Rick

Though there is some moderation, It's a free forum. Everyone can do anything they like and the quality depends on the preference of the viewer.
In my opinion, your post is a spam which advocates against the free speech, decentralization, human rights and democracy.

Oh wow, wasn't expecting that  Shocked
I was asking a legitimate question lol

I'll take any freebies on offer Smiley
theannihilators

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:00:52 PM

Hi guys,
Rick

Oh wow, wasn't expecting that  Shocked
I was asking a legitimate question lol
if you see every haters and spammers doing so much abuse and off topic garbage just like you said, you can report it so moderator can warn them, lock or delete their posts or even kick them out. so, lets be wise. just report them rather than complaining about them. sorry, just saying.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:27:39 PM

Hi guys,
Rick

Haha human rights, free speech? Give me a break. There's no free speech in the world. Just go outside and start shouting racial slurs. If you're a white guy and start walking around the streets in the US, the land of the free, saying that all niggers should be hanged and KKK rules you'll either be arrested, beaten, or killed, depending on the area where you decide to do it.
You may have your own opinions but the forum is being maintained by by admins and it's their choice if they allow you to express them or not. I've seen many people banned because they were talking shit and trolling.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
journeyman12

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:48:41 PM

Hi guys,
Rick

Haha human rights, free speech? Give me a break. There's no free speech in the world. Just go outside and start shouting racial slurs. If you're a white guy and start walking around the streets in the US, the land of the free, saying that all niggers should be hanged and KKK rules you'll either be arrested, beaten, or killed, depending on the area where you decide to do it.
You may have your own opinions but the forum is being maintained by by admins and it's their choice if they allow you to express them or not. I've seen many people banned because they were talking shit and trolling.

you couldn´t describe the situation in the west better then you just did.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 01:54:16 PM

I gave you a merit because I agree that it is bad for the forum.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
journeyman12

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:31:48 PM

When the day comes I will get my first merit, will I be available to give merit to others as well ?
Alexander_Z

Activity: 114
Merit: 26

Z

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:17:08 PM

When the day comes I will get my first merit, will I be available to give merit to others as well ?

Each received merit gives the receiver 0.5 sMerits (spendable), so you will need to receive at least two merits to give one.
King Koopa

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:56:57 PM

Hi guys,
Rick

Oh come on, please get off the high righteous horse. Not everything in life is subjective and if it was, it's easy to take side of those rebelling against the norm and be perceived as a hero. There is a reason why the term "spam" exists and to consider that a violation of free speech or human rights? Let's not play devil's advocate...sorry for the spam post!
HodorHodl

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:38:04 PM

Hi guys,
Rick

This reply is a complete pile of shit.

In order for this forum (and any other) to remain useful, and on-topic, moderation is required. Regardless of any ridiculous "decentralized" claims. Can you imagine if we only had one decentralized forum in the whole world for any topic at all?

Your post isn't spam at all. But the reality is that the mods are unpaid volunteers, and there aren't enough of them. The addition of Merit as a requirement to rank up is significant (although already being abused, unfortunately), but it's not a magic bullet.

We just need more mods. And less fools like covfefe.
jointherevolution

Activity: 229

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:02:41 PM

Before you set out to answer that question you need to separate the haters from the spammers. They are not the same and their motives differ. Haters just don't like this forum, spammers often spam because they have something to gain.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
diego1111

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:11:46 PM

He зaмeчaл ocoбo cпaмa нa этoм фopyмe мoдepaтopы paбoтaют=)
journeyman12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:05:35 PM

I totally agree
us11csalyer

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:08:11 AM

Let me disagree with you. Spammers on this forum are moderated cleanly, and as for the haters freedom of speech is still here. Only real conflicts are not encouraged. People earn money here, and everything that concerns good earnings is not always accompanied by courtesy.

iuhkymt

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:31:47 AM

Spammers, fudders should definitely be banned (permanently). Doing this will help the forum cleaner, better place for discussions.
The Iconoclast

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:14:18 AM

This is what I just wonder about. I'm a complete newbie, and in these days I read a lot of thread, just to become familiar.
But it seems to me that a lot of posts have nothing to do with bitcoin but are just pure spam or useless flame.
Keep reading, we'll see.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:03:06 PM

This reply is a complete pile of shit.

In order for this forum (and any other) to remain useful, and on-topic, moderation is required. Regardless of any ridiculous "decentralized" claims. Can you imagine if we only had one decentralized forum in the whole world for any topic at all?

You mean something like 4Chan?  Roll Eyes

Your post isn't spam at all. But the reality is that the mods are unpaid volunteers, and there aren't enough of them. The addition of Merit as a requirement to rank up is significant (although already being abused, unfortunately), but it's not a magic bullet.

That's not true, at all. Mods ARE being paid. See the current forum's expenses.

Quote from: theymos
Expenses - Mods and others: About $120,000
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659454.msg27122179#msg27122179

Now ofcourse if you divide that by the amount of mods there are, there won't be that much left.

We just need more mods. And less fools like covfefe.

Agreed, but i'm guessing that there is probably a pretty good reason why we haven't gotten more mods yet, -- Maybe he is waiting on the new forum interface before trusting more people with that kind of access?

Rimcoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:32:40 PM

I totally agree
I'm totally agree too Grin Grin Grin It as the merit to be clear Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: