Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:05:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about fees - Lending  (Read 202 times)
journeyman12 (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:09:59 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 03:29:39 PM by journeyman12

Hi all.

Say I want to provide micro lendings, how exactly does it work with the fees?
In electrum I can choose how much fee I want to pay, but if I put it on low it will take a lot before it confirms, if it ever confirms.
When i put the default fees it can be like half of the borrowed amount.

Who pays the fees in general and how can it be worth it to take/give a micro loan if the fees are so high ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:45:41 PM

Hi all.

In electrum I can choose how much fee I want to pay, but if I put it on low it will take a lot before it confirms, if it ever confirms.

Who pays the fees in general and how can it be worth it to take/give a micro loan if the fees are so high ?

You add the fees to your loan amount, e.g. If they borrow 0.005, and fees are 0.001, then total amount borrowed is 0.006. They will have to cover their own fees when repaying the loan.
UpsilonTrooper

Activity: 504
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:27:22 AM

Hi all.

Before sanctioning any loan, the banks will refer the documents submitted by us to legal opinion, cost of agreement papers, and others charges(like local enquiries) shall be bornedby the loners only . Hence they charge processing fees.

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic, you've already been red painted by vod. Stop the spam, it's pointless af and with the merit system in place you can't even rank up
journeyman12 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:09:30 PM

Hi all.

You add the fees to your loan amount, e.g. If they borrow 0.005, and fees are 0.001, then total amount borrowed is 0.006. They will have to cover their own fees when repaying the loan.

Thank you for this clear answer.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:13:54 PM

Hi all.

Aside from the fee's you also have to worry if there's anyone who will trust you with their collateral, unless you will give loans without collateral which adds mo risk in your lending business. If you are serious about it, contact an escrow so that collaterals will be held by a trusted escrow until such time that you earned your trust here. Cheers!
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:23:25 PM

The fee will vary up whichever you think is the right amount of charges that is necessarily for the coins your about to loan to the lender not too high and not low but the appropriate amount in the market rate which is similar to the transaction fee of others like lending money to people you lend him 5 then he/she is gonna give you in return 6.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
journeyman12 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:47:46 AM

Thank you, nydiacaskey01 !
Clear answer. Appreciated.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:33:08 AM

Hi all.

Generally, you just don't do any loans under 0.0025 BTC since it's going to be not worth your time and effort. If you do though, then ask the person to include in their repayment transaction fees as well. Obviously you shouldn't have to cop this fee yourself.

If you're lending microloans out, then potentially you could look at using dogecoins which has a super cheap blockchain fee, and is widely recognized as a liquid altcoin, even though it may be not stable at times.

Alternatively, use offchain transfers via coinbase/xapo to send out the loan. Would not recommend taking these micro-loans in the first place, though.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 04:45:59 AM

Hi all.

My transactions with $0.1 fees are confirming pretty quickly.

If the blockchain does become congested again, I'd recommend perhaps conduct your microlending through a website - like nitrogensports or primedice/stake.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: