Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:16:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant B cannot be accessed to web UI  (Read 1081 times)
mrkotaro (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:04:35 PM

Hi. I just got Baikal Giant B today.
I have a problem with accessing into web management UI.
When I plug in the power supply, I can access into UI for a while (about 15 to 20 mins).
After that I cannot access into UI via web browser anymore. It show up "This site can’t be reached 192.168.1.53 took too long to respond.".
Then, I have to unplug power supply, wait for a while, and then plug in the power, so I can access into the UI again for another 15 to 20 mins.
I have to do this several time to monitor its status.

How can I solve the problem? Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:18:08 AM

Hi. I just got Baikal Giant B today.
I have a problem with accessing into web management UI.
When I plug in the power supply, I can access into UI for a while (about 15 to 20 mins).
After that I cannot access into UI via web browser anymore. It show up "This site can’t be reached 192.168.1.53 took too long to respond.".
Then, I have to unplug power supply, wait for a while, and then plug in the power, so I can access into the UI again for another 15 to 20 mins.
I have to do this several time to monitor its status.

How can I solve the problem? Thank you.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

I have the same problem with Baikal Giant+ A2000s on my network.  I wrote about my experience here in a review of the excellent customer service I got from the seller of these ASICs here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2840414  The seller and another contact worked tirelessly to help me try to solve it... but in the end I have the same exact experience.  The ASICs still mine, you can see that it's doing so from your pool statistics.

I haven't come up with a solution yet, I'm assuming that there are some settings we'll have to adjust on the linux OS the Orange Pi controller.
puwaha

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:16:29 PM
Merited by vlom (1)

mrkotaro... I think I resolved the issue we've been having with our Baikals.

It may be a little early to tell, but my A2000 has been up for 14 hours now.

There's a couple of things I did, and I'm not sure if one or both of them contributed... but here' what I did:

1. Rebooted the Baikal so that I can gain access again
2. SSH into the Baikal (username: baikal   password: baikal)
3. edited the /etc/hostname file (sudo nano /etc/hostname ) to give the unit a new name.  I have an A900 with the same default hostname (Baikal) so I wanted to make sure there wasn't some strange conflict
4. edited the /etc/hosts file (sudo nano /etc/hosts ) to have the DNS name match the new hostname from step 3
5. edited the /etc/network/interfaces file (sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces) and added a couple of lines.  I got this idea from an Orange Pi forum, where someone was having similar issues, and it was suggested that maybe there was a power saving issue or the "allow-hotplug eth0" feature was enabled.  They suggested replacing the "allow hotplug eth0" with just "auto eth0".  When I looked at this file, nothing was listed for eth0 which suggests that the ubuntu OS is probably using Network Manager, but I couldn't find any evidence of this either.  So I just added these two lines:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

6. Rebooted the Baikal again...
7. While I was waitiing to see if it would go offline again, I grabbed a spare cheapo network switch I had laying around (Trendnet Green Power 8 port 1Gbe) and chained it as the downstream switch off of the switch I had the Baikal running on and plugged the Baikal into this switch alone.  So for the Baikal, my network is like this:  internet <-> IPFire router VM <-> TPLink 10Gbe core switch <-> TPLink 8 port 1Gbe switch <-> Trendnet Green Power 8 port 1Gbe switch <->  Baikal A2000

After 14+ hours... seems to be up and running! 

mrkotaro (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:01:44 AM

Hi, puwaha
I also resolved the issue with another way, and the uptime is almost 20 Hours now.

I only edited the /etc/network/interfaces file to fix its IP
with the command

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

So, I believe that it has the problem with these commands too.

Thank you. Smiley
puwaha

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:28:26 AM

I'm glad we figured it out.  I'm sure someone else will have this problem, and having a good working suggestion will keep them from tearing their hair out. 
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:03:38 PM

I have a similar problem with one of our Giants X10.

hope someone can help with some advice.

We have a problem with one of our Baikal Giant X10. The problem ist that we are not able to log into the Web Menu.
The password field itself for some reason is moved to the very left and the "Enter" Button is missing as well on the
Web Page to enter the Baikal setup.  (see screenshot).

Several tries to flash the SD Card did not help, always the same result with this messed up login page.
The Baikal itself works perfectly meanwhile, mining and hashing to its default settings, but this is of course not
what i want.

I tested the following so far with the following results:
- reflash v1.0, does not work
- reflash v1.1, does not work
- used SD card from another working Giant X10 miner, does not work
- used another Orange Pi Controller including the SD card from another X10, works!!!
- used the Orange Pi Controller without the SD card from another X10, does not work.
- transfered the Orange Pi Controller from the "faulty" X10 to a working one with the working ones SD Card, does not work.
- transfered the Orange Pi Controller from the "faulty" X10 including the SD Card to a working one, does not work.

This makes me think that the problem might be the Orange Pi Controller? Is it possible that a faulty Orange Pi Controller gives
such an error like a messed up login page? Any other suggestion? Advices how to fix this?

Every suggestion is more than welcome!!! Thx in advance.

Screenshot how the Web Login looks like:

Hi, puwaha
I also resolved the issue with another way, and the uptime is almost 20 Hours now.

I only edited the /etc/network/interfaces file to fix its IP
with the command

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

So, I believe that it has the problem with these commands too.

Thank you. Smiley

Tried this one, did not work for me and my problem :-(

So far i'am pretty sure i have a Pi Orange Controller Problem. Someone has one or knows a dealer or someone else who could deliver express one?
puwaha

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:43:37 AM

Did you try reflashing the SD card with the current/latest image from Baikal for your controller/ASIC?
bitcoinexplorer

Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:55:02 AM

i know the solution which worked for me  Smiley
boxalex

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:17:35 PM

Did you try reflashing the SD card with the current/latest image from Baikal for your controller/ASIC?

reflashed with this one, should be the latest one, or do i miss something?
PiZero_GX10_171229_V1.1
boxalex

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:52:34 PM

i know the solution which worked for me  Smiley

but seems you are not willing to share it with the community ....  Undecided
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:33:47 PM

i know the solution which worked for me  Smiley

but seems you are not willing to share it with the community ....  Undecided
I do share if someone ask Smiley
so here you go

Order a replacement orangepi and fix it, it will be resolved!

Cool thats how i resolved it!
CryptoWaffle

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:39:34 PM

I'm glad we figured it out.  I'm sure someone else will have this problem, and having a good working suggestion will keep them from tearing their hair out. 

Thanks to both of you !
boxalex

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:26:49 PM

You had the exact same problem like me or a bit other problem?
Allready ordered a replacement orange pi, hope it will solve the problem indeed.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:25:54 AM

You had the exact same problem like me or a bit other problem?
Allready ordered a replacement orange pi, hope it will solve the problem indeed.
Yes, also order from Baikal as they have customized pi
puwaha

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:14:02 AM

Just a word of warning to everyone...

I went through 5 different Orange PI Zeros, with 5 different SD cards before I was able to resolve the problem with my Baikal's web interface.

Turns out it wasn't the PIs at all... but a weird bug with the way Baikal setup the interfaces file in Ubuntu.  It doesn't seem to affect everyone equally.

So before you get your hopes up that a new Orange PI will resolve the Web interface being offline, give the fix that MrKotaro and myself worked through above a shot first.
boxalex

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:31:38 PM

Just a word of warning to everyone...

I went through 5 different Orange PI Zeros, with 5 different SD cards before I was able to resolve the problem with my Baikal's web interface.

Turns out it wasn't the PIs at all... but a weird bug with the way Baikal setup the interfaces file in Ubuntu.  It doesn't seem to affect everyone equally.

So before you get your hopes up that a new Orange PI will resolve the Web interface being offline, give the fix that MrKotaro and myself worked through above a shot first.

Of course i tried your fix, step by step, but did not help in my case, hence why my hope is now the new Orange Pi.
pennys2pounds

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:51:37 PM

Hi Guys,

Having a problem with a Giant B here

I can access every single page on the web interface other than 'miner' where I obviously need to access to point it to my pool.

Any way to fix this? I was told this was a new machine but its quite obviously used, so could someone have locked this page?

Really appreciate any help and will offer a BTC reward to anyone who can solve this.

Thanks
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:03:28 PM

Hi Guys,

I can access every single page on the web interface other than 'miner' where I obviously need to access to point it to my pool.

Any way to fix this? I was told this was a new machine but its quite obviously used, so could someone have locked this page?

Really appreciate any help and will offer a BTC reward to anyone who can solve this.

Thanks

Please try reinstalling the firmware, should work!
pennys2pounds

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:54:46 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks

I will give this a try, thanks
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:29:01 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks

I will give this a try, thanks

welcome!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: