Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:34:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing In Top Coins or The Others  (Read 598 times)
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:11:27 PM

You want some fast cash in trading then you might consider investing in ICO, but most of them these days turn out to be a scam. And it's not advisable to donso. But invest little in alts like 50% and consider investing rest in top coins. As keeping the eggs in different baskets reduces the risk of majority breaking. So consider investing in both.
alexeylom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:49:32 PM

I would still go through the top 100, just very often recently met all sorts of scams. So personally, I would not venture to invest in something very far and unknown.
jonland22

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:58:09 PM

Which one is better? Investing in coins in top 100 in market cap or coins in low marketcap? Coins in top 100 can go up steadily but we can gain much more profit by investing coins with low market cap in a short time. But it can be more risky. What is your opinion?
it depends, if those top 100 coins don't have any news coming and their counterpart 100 and above coins will have a lot of activities coming and their team will have a lot of participation on crypto related events i think it's good to try the risk on the latter since most of the time those tokens pump really hard compared to top coins.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
denulh

Activity: 300

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:02:10 AM

I believe investing top coins will be much safer for anyone want to invest for long term, its profit may not be as much as new Altcoins however the risks of investing new Altcoins is very high, we can not know will that new Altcoins have the chance to rise in the future or not.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Cosmo2020
Copper Member

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:08:27 AM

I think it's a good idea to have 50% of the portfolio with Blue chip cryptos. While the other is spread out on coins/tokens with huge potential. Perhaps 25% in a medium Risk coin, and the other 25% in a high-risk new coin. After all, its good to discover the resilience of a crypto against market forces. Hedge well!
Hati

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:33:25 AM

I like to have a diversified portfolio and I think both options are good. In the short term, I usually invest in cryptocurrencies with low marketcap, or that they just left the ICO, because they tend to give higher profits. Thinking about the long term, I invest part of the profits obtained in consolidated altcoins of the top 100. They are more stable, and the growth is smaller but progressive.
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:05:56 AM

Which one is better? Investing in coins in top 100 in market cap or coins in low marketcap? Coins in top 100 can go up steadily but we can gain much more profit by investing coins with low market cap in a short time. But it can be more risky. What is your opinion?
I prefer to invest in coins that have a low marketcap, but before that do research in advance whether the coin has a good potential for the future ?
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:06:20 AM

I think it depends on the project. Right now I'm a big fan of IoT Chain (ITC). Still a great time to get in and they've got a lot of potential according to cointelegraph. https://cointelegraph.com/news/unknown-heroes-little-coins-that-generate-big-profit
EckhartJV

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:11:34 AM

DIVERSIFY,DIVERSIFY.DIVERSIFY..
this is the only way of keeping safe, cryptocurrencies are very unpredictable, BTC and ETH. are the top coins today, you never know what will happens, spread your wings far and wide, you never know when you'll hit the jackpot.and besides if one falls the others will be there
Pedro18

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:11:48 AM

Much better if you invest in new coin so the market cap of that coin is still low or still developing, that is really good chance to start accumulate and you can hold that for long term. There are many coins now that is quality project and still undervalued.
buonty563

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:27:51 AM

It all depends on our original goal.
If you want more Income then buy at low price and sell at high price
actually this is already commonplace in the search for profit.
All that must be filled with our patience, do not panic if the price drops
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:47:13 AM

I think it is not good to invest based on the ranking. Pick some investment with what you really knows because some of the coins in the top list are not profitable at all unlike if you will have some research, you will know what will be the weakness and strengths of the coin you will put you investment.
but at least from the top of the coin slightly reduce the risk of such a scam coin because from top coins usually have a high level of confidence you can see the amount of market cap on top of the coin but that doesn't mean coins instead of top coins are not good for investment, many other coins that have great potential for the pump, yeah, looking for coins that you've been know, I mean you first analyze the ins and outs of that coin, if you believe the coins are potential because of good innovation and a lot of people who are interested may be a good thing if you buy that coins
Tipstar

Activity: 1792
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:35:29 AM

At current time of uncertainty, it would be wise to make a balance portfolio between those two. We don't know if we are able to sustain the rise of unlimited amount of cryptos and we also don't know if current top coins still have places to expand.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:50:03 AM

diversity is the best way to minimize risks . 50% in top 10 as a safe bet , rest in coins with marketcap less than 100m

chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:54:50 AM

It is entirely dependent on your goals, pal. If you want less risk, less return go for top coins. If you want high risk, high return go low. And make a combo if you want something in the middle. This is decades old strategy.
Keep in mind that for low cap coins there is scarce information and you have to spend much more time digging for info in order to research them.

I agree.
Top coins are to expensive to invest in right now but I would do it now before they continue to go up.
Altcoins might be a good way to go as well.
Just depends on your preference

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
JessF-38

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:37:19 AM

As with everything in life you need to balance that portfolio.  Some safe coins and some potential moon coins.  Knowing you could hit a big one helps keep the motivation going.  If you play to safe you will never be the big fish.  Do both and succeed. 
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:07:50 AM

Either of these two types of digital currencies can give you profit if its market price will rise. But for me, i will go for a potential low coins so it will give me x10 or x20 profit when it rise high. I have received coins form ICO value at 0.01$ and gives me big profit when it reaches 0.30$.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
SenseiSan

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:50:28 PM

one should have a balanced crypto portfolio. I would advice to hold around 20 different coins at least - more or less famous. at least half of them should be presented in coinmarketcap top-100 list. another half may be more risky. ICOs for example.
lero34

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:57:47 PM

In my opinion it's better in the top coins. They are more talked about, they are more popular. Why invest in something that tomorrow may completely disappear. The top coins cause more confidence.
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:05:54 PM

You answered for your question) Invest 80% portfolio in top-20 coins that have stable growth and invest other 20% in altcoins with small capitalization (if you want it)

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: