Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Erupter problem (Possible DOA)  (Read 1067 times)
crhys (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Foundation Member

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:01:31 PM

Hi Guys/Girls,

I received my latest batch of USB Erupters and one is not working, tried it on several machines (Raspberry-Pi, Mac and Windows PC) but it appears dead.

The Silicon Labs Uart – usb adapter chip (IC2 (closest to the usb port on the RHS)) instantly gets hot (very hot) once its plugged in.

Is this a known problem, is it just dead or can I revive it somehow ?

Thanks

Rhys

16JZWC433XRxjWwR7X65uxRVFdLTmoPr4t
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:28:36 AM

Dead. There is no warranty from friedcat. If you bought from a reseller, try them for a warranty replacement if they even offer warranty replacements. They do, after all, get a free USB miner for every 50 they order.

OgreOwner

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:42:27 PM

I have 2 USB Sapphire Block Eruptors REV 3.00 that I got off of Ebay, both with a  nice little hole in the lower left of IC2.

IC2 is the SCILabs USB to UART chip. I downloaded the software from SCILabs verified that the programming is not locked on either of the two other working Miners that I have, ordered 2 chips from Mouser and am now trying to determine if I need to hire someone to do the soldering to replace them or if I can develop the soldering skills to replace them.  The only hitch at the moment is the 28 pin surface mount package.  If you are stumped and want to be rid of yours, I will be happy to add it to the two that I am working on, or perhaps my research will be helpful to you.

Karl
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:40:47 AM

Hi Guys/Girls,

I received my latest batch of USB Erupters and one is not working, tried it on several machines (Raspberry-Pi, Mac and Windows PC) but it appears dead.

The Silicon Labs Uart – usb adapter chip (IC2 (closest to the usb port on the RHS)) instantly gets hot (very hot) once its plugged in.

Is this a known problem, is it just dead or can I revive it somehow ?

Thanks

Rhys

take some pics. to me its sounds like a bad solder or resistor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: