Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:38:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments LOVE bitcoin and Cryptos  (Read 172 times)
eduinvestor (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 12:52:05 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 03:06:57 PM by eduinvestor

I see that people say that governments will ban bitcoin. But I ask you to think about it for a moment...

We all know that the FIAT monetary system is a scam and governments are in bankruptcy. If you don't, then I kindly ask you to investigate and learn about it Wink

Starting from there, if we make bitcoin (and cryptos in general) a very big market...
Market Cap:
2013: $1.5B
2014: $12B
2015: $5B
2016: $7B
2017: $17.7B
2018: $444B
2019: $2 trillion? (speculation)

Then, at the moment that crypto market cap is very big. Governments will start collecting tax from users. If you bought crypto and then sold it, you'll pay 19-23% tax (in Spain). However, if you received tokens without buying them (for example tokens in a bounty), you'll pay 45% tax (unjustified patrimonial gain, in Spain too).

"They" may use other numbers different than 19-23 or 45%. I just want to make you think that this is a gold mine for them. So they will NOT ban bitcoin, they will profit from it

Financial economy is rising (going to the mooooon hahahaha), real economy is going to the hell...

Patience is a virtue. Wait, watch, win

Building a business has never been so easy
Moon Funding : Crowdfunding & Development

Telegram And Whitepaper                               
Murloc

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:43:21 AM

You guys have insane taxes. It seem so easy to grab such a bit piece of a pie. Tax department just need to send you an "invoice" for the % of amount recieved from crypto related services (exchanges etc.). That literaly looks like a free money even if you will accept the fact that the bigest part of crypto transactions (mostly small ones) will dodge the taxation.
P.S. How are they tracking the tokens you recieve (to make you pay 45%)? To withdraw the token money you should exchange them to BTC / ETH anyway.

eduinvestor (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:06:49 PM

You guys have insane taxes. It seem so easy to grab such a bit piece of a pie. Tax department just need to send you an "invoice" for the % of amount recieved from crypto related services (exchanges etc.). That literaly looks like a free money even if you will accept the fact that the bigest part of crypto transactions (mostly small ones) will dodge the taxation.

At this moment no one will pay that 45% tax, that's insane. Hacienda (Tax Department) is not looking at the crypto world, but if crypto market cap rises more, you can be 95% sure they'll start collecting as much taxes as possible

P.S. How are they tracking the tokens you recieve (to make you pay 45%)? To withdraw the token money you should exchange them to BTC / ETH anyway.
Easy. If you buy 5btc and then sell 9btc, they'll start investigating you because 4btc appeared out of nothing.
If you bought 5btc at €500=1btc and then sell 9btc at €50000=1btc, then you should pay in taxes
Initial Investment: €2500
Withdraw: €450k

First 6000€ at 19% tax: 1140€
From 6001 to 50k at 21% tax: 3780€
Greater than 50k at 23% tax: €46k
4btc extra (earned LEGALLY from bounties) sold for €200k at 45% tax: €90k
Total: 140,920€

Anyways crypto space is not regulated yet, so there may be different interpretations. I'm just trying to give the worst case scenario (to avoid "sadness" later)

But if you bought 5btc and then sell 5btc or less (or even 5.2btc...) they will not ask you anything and you'll pay 19-23% (unless you go offshore to pay 0%, but that's not common)

Building a business has never been so easy
Moon Funding : Crowdfunding & Development

Telegram And Whitepaper                               
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:52:15 PM

"They" may use other numbers different than 19-23 or 45%. I just want to make you think that this is a gold mine for them. So they will NOT ban bitcoin, they will profit from it

Well, most of them seem to be already in with the idea. It also seems like making sure to emphasize it's not legal tender is all the rage these days. It's a pretty smart move because that way, you don't undermine your own currency, and you still get to earn from it. It sucks for those who truly believe in the technology and ideology though. But yeah, either way, it does look like crypto is here for good.

freetokens

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:19:10 PM

govt love bitcoin because they want taxes for that reason they keep saying all news and finally collect tax
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:19:05 AM

The biggest issue is economics, people are investing less in bank related papers and therefore the banks makes less profits and hence pay less taxes which can spell trouble for some of these fragile economies  , so the governments have decided to go after cryptos making it seem right now as if they are against it where in what they really want to do and will eventually do is regulate and collect taxes. All this talk about cryptos supporting money laundering etc is just a cover to pave the road to regulation and taxation.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:49:22 AM

Welcome to the EU, where the Euro is king and the taxes will forever be insane and will be paid by those with jobs to support the growing population which has no interest in getting jobs within their host nation due to the handouts provided due to a specific classification of political status.

The big thing for taxing cryptos mostly comes down to the observation of bank accounts, which isn't hard when a computer can make quick work of spotting outliers. Too much money too quickly? You're not declaring something, and that's what gets you in trouble.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:09:59 AM

I see that people say that governments will ban bitcoin. But I ask you to think about it for a moment...

We all know that the FIAT monetary system is a scam and governments are in bankruptcy. If you don't, then I kindly ask you to investigate and learn about it Wink

Starting from there, if we make bitcoin (and cryptos in general) a very big market...
Market Cap:
2013: $1.5B
2014: $12B
2015: $5B
2016: $7B
2017: $17.7B
2018: $444B
2019: $2 trillion? (speculation)

Then, at the moment that crypto market cap is very big. Governments will start collecting tax from users. If you bought crypto and then sold it, you'll pay 19-23% tax (in Spain). However, if you received tokens without buying them (for example tokens in a bounty), you'll pay 45% tax (unjustified patrimonial gain, in Spain too).

Financial economy is rising (going to the mooooon hahahaha), real economy is going to the hell...

Patience is a virtue. Wait, watch, win

That was nice if government will love crypto. Government is seeking feedback on proposed cryptocurrency regulations intended to clarify the technology's use within the countries to protect their people whose using cryptos . It will take a year before government will willing to legalize crypto on their country there is many holes in crypto that government needs to investigate and study first.
donte872

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:18:06 AM

Currently, most countries in the world still do not accept crypto in transactions, although you can still see the large corporations in the world are using blockchain and crypto technology in the transaction and exchange. I believe that countries with advanced technology in the world will soon accept cryptocurrency as a smart currency for exchange, whichever country first executes it will develop very strongly over several years next.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: