Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:02:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest way to stop ICO scam is  (Read 1012 times)
Bodywowoya

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:18:51 AM

Let ICO holders automatically send coins to your Ethereum wallet just after receiving your Ethereum

Just like, betrium.co is doing.

KYC is really useless for crypto currency traders.
Now there are no real methods to combat them, only prevention and research. And all sorts of individual development will only sift some of them, but most will miss it. So you need to be careful before leaving with your money.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:20:28 AM

I think the only way to avoid scam is to analize the project yourself and try to understand whether it solves an important problem, has a cool team and rather popular among investors. But still it is rather difficult to understand whether ICO is scam or not.
lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:21:24 AM

Well, we cannot stop ICOs on scamming their victims but we so prevent them as one of their victims and one of the best ways is checking their credibility and reputation through social media communities especially their Telegram Channels.
Good ICOs have many active members on their social communities.
That way, you could tell the difference, scam ICOs have no social communities...

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:26:38 AM

As if you can control the people behind of the ICO to scam others or be honest. There are no easy way to stop ICO scam, only by research thoroughly you will lessen the chance of investing to a scam ICO.
I've read a nice guideline on how to avoid being scam by ICO check this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822896.0
OP is talking as if scammer are fool to be easily detected,they bright,and gifted of skills only using for darkness,no one can stop ico scamming unless they copy all the thread to existing ico project so the moderator can do necessary actions towards the said ico,lots of campaign now about ico is almost perfect like legitimate project ,and you will only notice if time comes you become a victim
lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:29:54 AM

Let ICO holders automatically send coins to your Ethereum wallet just after receiving your Ethereum

Now there are no real methods to combat them, only prevention and research. And all sorts of individual development will only sift some of them, but most will miss it. So you need to be careful before leaving with your money.

There are some members who really do spend time on research in order to deal with this scammers.
And they said that those scammers are difficult to figure out because they could even make more and well designed websites and road maps and the team are too good to be true.
That's why there are so many investors are falling on their websites because scammers are indeed more talented than the real developer and website designers.
For me, in my own opinion, Telegram Community could tell the difference because active members would be enough proof that their community is legitimate and not a scam.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:31:06 AM

If you made the people behind the ICO do a KYC/disclosure process it would eliminate the scams.

Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:33:11 AM

I do not understand what you mean. not as easy as what you say, to know ico scam need fundamental investigation, you must believe in theory and strong evidence. and chances are if it's a scam, you will not accept anything or its tokens.
richaerich

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:36:01 AM

There's nothing we can do to stop ICO scam.
The only thing that we can do is to check before we join the ICO.
Check and read very carefully before we join the ICO.
Whitepaper,Website,Developer, then we can choose should we join or not.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

Sometimes it is really hard to determine whether the ICO is a scam or not. Everything can be faked in the internet. If you think the ICO is a scam, then might want to report to any admins or request a validation. You can consult to experts as well just to be safe since accusing is bad.
Perhaps that is the right action to reduce many ICO scams that keep coming. unfortunately, there is no third party or agency that takes care of the legit or not of an ICO? where the third party may impose a ban on the ICO if they do not meet certain conditions. maybe if any agency can do that. it will be very helpful
arkaasay

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:42:42 AM

Do a thorough research before investing in any ICO to minimize fraud. ICO scams will not stop unless there are some rules to set ICO which is impossible because cryptographic data is a decentralized asset.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:46:37 AM

Do a thorough research before investing in any ICO to minimize fraud. ICO scams will not stop unless there are some rules to set ICO which is impossible because cryptographic data is a decentralized asset.

yes I agree. this is what the OP should know
to avoid a scam, always try to do the research as a whole and compare with some other ico. yes try to find more information about ico knowledge and investment.
randomhumster

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:51:05 AM

I don't think there is any way other than regulation (government, private company audit, some comunity regulation). Ifthere is an ICO, some people will still send money even it is an obvious scam. Look what happened in BEE token ICO. Team several times on all platforms informed everyone they will never send ETH address via email, the only valid address will be supplied with the video of CEO holding it. Guess what happened? People received fishing email and sent ~1m USD to scammers. Seriously, people are willing to invest in anythig. The only way is to stop scam ICO from starting.
susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:52:19 AM

easy way to stop fake ICO or ICO that is not good you can see from Whitepaper know the team behind the ICO project and see on icobench.com I see there they give a good assessment of ICO and whether or not.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:22:57 AM

Hi, in fact, the question is very important, as recently a lot of ICO has been conducted, I believe that it is necessary to create an appropriate body in which each company must register and conduct ICO and provide relevant documents and make a certain contribution that will help return funds to fraudulent projects

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:24:49 AM

I do not think KYC is a bad thing, you just need to send them your ID documents and its done, this will be good for crypto projects, investors and the icos in the long run.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
pergola

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:55:30 AM

I do not think KYC is a bad thing, you just need to send them your ID documents and its done, this will be good for crypto projects, investors and the icos in the long run.
I believe that KYC is necessary, but also control over the use of information provided by me is necessary. I do not mind that any international body controls all ICOs and, in case of detection of fraud, strictly punishes the organizers.

Julia1992

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:19:07 AM

fraudsters were-is and will be!
and from this no one is immune, and this, if so happened, can not be avoided!
but if you are careful and do not hurry to invest and work with ICO. it's good to study everything, read, watch video lessons. then you can bypass these people!

markers

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:26:38 AM

I do not know the easiest way but believe that the efficient one is to use more thoughtful, reasonable and cherry-picking approach while contemplating investment opportunities, saying the same in another way, we need stop investing in scam projects.

Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM

ICO scam will only be stopped when investors will start using  their heads not just for having dinner!  As soon as people stop putting their money into projects with no future,  there will be less scams.  ICO teams will have to present a working product or technology in order to attract investors.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:55:02 AM

Kyc is coming recently to cryptocurrency world. There are so many pros and cons between the member in cryptocurrency.
Some said is good because kyc is needed by project explain the project is regulated. Some said its useless like you. For me i am neutral.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: