Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:23:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm gonna give up the ghost but keep an eye on these bitcoin things  (Read 1092 times)
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 08:28:32 PM

I got into bitcoin in 2011 maybe 2012 when they were hovering around $15 bucks a BTC and the difficulty wasn't so high, I didn't have high end hardware and I didn't think much about it then more than a "cool maybe I'll make some money"

Now I could kick myself in the rear for not doing something about it in 2013 when they are now hovering around $130, but:
The difficulty is too high
GPU is out?
USB eruptors?
etc..
This is the first time I've owned a computer capable of generating any amount of coin, and I have to stick to alt coins because of the difficulty of BTC and mining.

One of the major reasons I got into this was because I *need* the money being disabled, not having a job and living somewhere that is highly toxic and highly unhealthy for my health. I didn't choose to move here, I lost my house, and I am now living in poverty. I do not want to go to a shelter, I do not have family nearby to help.

So I was hoping for some answers through bitcoin, but like I said I don't have the manpower to do this anymore and frankly well it's just not seeming to be worth it.

So, I'm going to enjoy my computer for other things like gaming, and finally starting on some projects.
It's been great bitcoin but I can't feasibly see myself earning any kind of money with you, I've been hanging out in coinchat and have profited more from that (2 whole dollars towards a BTC) then I am mining. It's easy and I spend enough time on IRC.

I only needed the money for a saner place to live, I"m going back to school and my financial aid hasn't come through, and I am practically homeless. I might as well be.

But I'll be around, thanks BTC for dashing my dreams (hahaha)

What else could I say?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: