Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:28:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the difference between bitcoin and bitcoin cash?  (Read 356 times)
akkocoin (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:05:57 PM

With the good Bitcoin market, there are a variety of digital currencies, one of which is called bitcoin cash, we will always be confused, in fact, when I first saw it, I feel the two of them are the same. Do you think they are the same? Can someone give me a professional explanation of what makes them different?
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:11:33 PM

Bitcoin cash is a fork of bitcoin, which had be completed on August 1, 2017, the first fork.
Bitcoin cash is a version of Bitcoin's expansion, but most of it is in the hands of miners.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:17:24 PM

Bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency that exists in this world of cryptocurrency. It is mainly in the use of everything. Everything that existed here is because of this guy bitcoin.

While bitcoin cash is the "forked" bitcoin. By means of forked, it is also an altcoin or known as the alternative coins. The forked existed last August 1, 2017.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:30:24 PM

when I first saw it, I feel the two of them are the same.

interesting!
the "fork off" of bitcoin cash guys were one of the biggest things in bitcoin world which happened in August. and you signed up on bitcointalk on May so you must have known about the most obvious shitshow of the year.

so i was just wondering how come you missed it and how did you even think they are the same? i honestly want to know because i can get a newcomer seeing their advertisements and seeing Roger Ver lie that it is "the real bitcoin" but not someone who has been around!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:05:40 PM

With the good Bitcoin market, there are a variety of digital currencies, one of which is called bitcoin cash, we will always be confused, in fact, when I first saw it, I feel the two of them are the same. Do you think they are the same? Can someone give me a professional explanation of what makes them different?
Lol They are not the same and you don't need any professional or experts to explain to you what is the difference of Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin. There are lots of Bitcoin hard fork coins that have included "Bitcoin" to its name (Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, Super Bitcoin) but there is no other coin that have the same name as "Bitcoin". So what makes that confusing? If you still need a deeper explanation, Bitcoin Cash is a hard fork that have 8 MB block size limit while Bitcoin have 1 MB, Bitcoin have segwit while Bitcoin Cash don't have.
hibiscus

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:21:57 PM

Bitcoin cash offers lower fees and reliable rate of transaction than Bitcoin.Bitcoin currently has a  larger network  than bitcoin cash. In terms of development both bitcoin and bitcoin cash has the exact same code.
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:30:06 PM

Bitcoin cash is a Bitcoin fork, or a version of Bitcoin that is more stable, has lower fees and faster confirmation times. Bitcoin Cash is pretty much made because people want to mine Bitcoin with the older mining rigs, and that is not possible with Bitcoin. They are pretty much the same, but BTC Cash is more profitable and it is faster.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:49:22 PM

Just see it this way. Bitcoin is the father, while Bitcoin Cash is the prodigal son. Some devs in the likes of Roger Ver and Co, decided to pull out in what is called Fork since they really do not believe in the idea of segwit (so I think) and they instead preferred a bigger block size. To me, I do not think bigger block size is the solution to scaling anyway, but I guess future will tell, if it did not already prove that with Ethereum and CryptoKittens saga.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Bitcoin cash offers lower fees and reliable rate of transaction than Bitcoin.Bitcoin currently has a  larger network  than bitcoin cash. In terms of development both bitcoin and bitcoin cash has the exact same code.

not true anymore.
bitcoin cash has the same code with bitcoin up until August of 2017. from that date they split off with only one change in consensus rules: the block size

ever since that day bitcoin has Segregated Witness added and now we are moving on with the second layer transactions and lightning network will soon be ready for mass adoption.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:37:10 PM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that exists within a network of computers, within the blockchain. This is revolutionary ledger-recording technology. However, with many speculation, many doubt it's scalability. And it's processes are slow. Like, very slow
.  That's why BITCOIN cash is introduced, it is a fork with an increased block chain of 8mb and has faster transactions.Bitcoin Cash was started by Bitcoin miners and developers equally concerned with the future of the cryptocurrency, and its ability to scale effectively. However, some doubt the security of bit coin cash.

Read more: Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin Cash: What's the Difference? | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/tech/bitcoin-vs-bitcoin-cash-whats-difference/#ixzz569NP6pOe

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:39:32 PM

Everybody already explained how Bitcoin Cash appeared and when, so I will not pay attention at this pont. At first I was very sceptical about this newbie and accepted it's high price as a game of speculative group of investors, but now, many places started to work withBCC directly and old wallets, like Blockchain.info added it in their list. Now to me it means success, even if it was speculative thing, it could reach something serious and it mean a lot. BCC has a wight in crypto world and we just can't call it as a scam.
klebsiella

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:35:41 PM

Bitcoin cash was created through a fork of Bitcoin. They created this to answer the problems such as slow transactions. The difference between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash is the block size. Bitcoin has only one megabyte that allows only 250,000 transactions per day. On the other hand, Bitcoin cash has eight megabyte that can serve two million transactions per day. Despite of that, Bitcoin have too much of a lead to be overtaken.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
Verdika90

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

Differences Bitcoin BTC and Bitcoin Cash BCH For some bitcoin activators, cryptocurrentcy bitcoin cash (BCH) technology is not as Bitcoin (BTC). The thing behind the formation of BCH is the slow ability of Bitcoin to process data transactions on a large scale effectively.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:03:56 PM

The first one is a legit king of cryptocurrencies while the other one is a scamcoin fork made by scammers in order to set up some false waves of FUD while the BTC is having problems (like spam attacks performed by BCH scammers). They have the same types of addresses so don't mess up sending BTC to BCH address. BCH claims that they have lower fees but if you take the BTC fees at the end of 2017 and split it by 8 (the size of BCH block) the fees will still be big.
Conclusion: store your funds in BTC and if you need bigger blocks then use LTC.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:06:16 PM

Bitcoin cash is fork of original bitcoin, with some changes in code what gives to icrease block size to 2 4 8 16mb for adding more transactions to block

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:17:43 PM

Bitcoin is the first crypto currency created by satoshi to help people to get independent of banks to send money.It is decentralized.But bitcoin cash was created by a hard fork and roger ver is responsible or its creation.It is fully centralized.Roger ver tried his best to pump bitcoin cash and replace bitcoin.But he failed in his historical pumping attempt.Since it is a forked coin from bitcoin,it has huge marketcap next to bitcoin otherwise it would have been left unnoticed.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rog1121

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:51:04 AM

Bitcoin cash is a fork of bitcoin, which had be completed on August 1, 2017, the first fork.
Bitcoin cash is a version of Bitcoin's expansion, but most of it is in the hands of miners.
BCC isn’t the first fork of BITCOIN though, LTC and subsequently DOGE both were forks before BCC
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:37:46 PM

Just see it this way. Bitcoin is the father, while Bitcoin Cash is the prodigal son. Some devs in the likes of Roger Ver and Co, decided to pull out in what is called Fork since they really do not believe in the idea of segwit (so I think) and they instead preferred a bigger block size. To me, I do not think bigger block size is the solution to scaling anyway, but I guess future will tell, if it did not already prove that with Ethereum and CryptoKittens saga.

This is a very cool and bright comparison. Yes, Bitcoin has many children, its forks. One of these forks is called Bitcoin Cash. It is faster and some Bitcoin Cash lovers call it real Bitcoin. But this is not true. Nothing will replace BTC.
TheySeeMeHodlingTheyHatin

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:41:40 PM

BITCOIN is a decentralised peer-to-peer electronic cash system

BCASH is a scam, created at closed door by some individuals to control the whole system

dont forget to give merit if you agree with this
mkettler

Activity: 66
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:58:03 AM

Bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency that exists in this world of cryptocurrency. It is mainly in the use of everything. Everything that existed here is because of this guy bitcoin.

While bitcoin cash is the "forked" bitcoin. By means of forked, it is also an altcoin or known as the alternative coins. The forked existed last August 1, 2017.
It’s also a major shitcoin that’s just trying to cash in on the name of BITCOIN at this point with its shills
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: