Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minersource.net & Miner Hosting LLC: Cheap and Secure Hosting and Sales!  (Read 13673 times)
bobsag3 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:36:29 AM

Building was purchased today!
All the wiring and infrastructure equipment arrives tomorrow-Wednesday. Over 400lb. Poor UPS man
beardays

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:37:08 AM

interested Smiley maybe contact you later.
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:54:51 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 07:42:50 PM by bobsag3

interested Smiley maybe contact you later.
Look forward to it.

Ah the sound of whirring fans. Music to my ears.
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:54:44 PM

More jupiters have been signed up!
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:05:59 PM

Nice.

I'm a bit worried about the mains though. Do you regulate the power?
(UPS/over/under voltage protection etc)
(how "dirty" is it from the utility?)
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:28:58 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 01:24:25 AM by bobsag3

Nice.

I'm a bit worried about the mains though. Do you regulate the power?
(UPS/over/under voltage protection etc)
(how "dirty" is it from the utility?)
We have:
Transformer (city)>outside breaker > inside breaker boxes > either UPS or high-joule surge protectors.

Also adding 8 more singles!
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:34:47 PM

Oh good, I had the same reaction as Dalkore when I saw the pic Smiley

I don't quite get the fear of having the location of the hosting facility be known, except for the fact that it's being done on such a shoestring budget that it'll likely be left unattended for long periods of time, which is far from optimal. I'd be more concerned with sending valuable equipment to someone without knowing who they are or where the equipment will be located; maybe that's for security sake, but if the information that johnk has is available to any customer, you'd have to assume an interested adversary would get it too , by simply inquiring as if they are a customer or placing an actual order to have equipment hosted.

All that said, what is the staffing situation? What if someone needs remote hands? How will 2 people be able to respond 24/7? Are you aboth light sleepers, or located that far apart geographically that we can count on one if you being awake. And lastly,  what spawned this was security; given that the location will become known eventually, what is the security situation? If none, can you at least share how isolated it is from facilities with people present all night? Not like it's their responsibility, but just for the hope they could call the police if say, a moving truck pulled up front at 3 in the morning.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 08:26:26 PM

I don't quite get the fear of having the location of the hosting facility be known, except for the fact that it's being done on such a shoestring budget that it'll likely be left unattended for long periods of time, which is far from optimal. I'd be more concerned with sending valuable equipment to someone without knowing who they are or where the equipment will be located; maybe that's for security sake, but if the information that johnk has is available to any customer, you'd have to assume an interested adversary would get it too , by simply inquiring as if they are a customer or placing an actual order to have equipment hosted.

All that said, what is the staffing situation? What if someone needs remote hands? How will 2 people be able to respond 24/7? Are you aboth light sleepers, or located that far apart geographically that we can count on one if you being awake. And lastly,  what spawned this was security; given that the location will become known eventually, what is the security situation? If none, can you at least share how isolated it is from facilities with people present all night? Not like it's their responsibility, but just for the hope they could call the police if say, a moving truck pulled up front at 3 in the morning.

Knowing about the company, officers and other basic and important details is one thing and I make sure all my clients have these and I am certain Bob is doing the same.  Having information public on the ACTUAL location of the equipment is a bad idea.  People have different moralities and there are people who would not think twice about stealing property.   Like Bob, our customer's equipment well being is of our upmost concern and it would be irresponsible to give that information away. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:46:47 PM

So you could host one of those (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303376) right away? VAT and european electricity prices render the auction prohibitive for people outside the US. How much would hosting one of those cost?

I suppose there is no way to control the miners by oneself, i.e. to have an SSH shell to make them hop between different SHA256 coins if one so desires?

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:19:37 AM

So you could host one of those (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303376) right away? VAT and european electricity prices render the auction prohibitive for people outside the US. How much would hosting one of those cost?

I suppose there is no way to control the miners by oneself, i.e. to have an SSH shell to make them hop between different SHA256 coins if one so desires?
I have 2 other people who have contacted me about having these hosted, so yes I can have them up within 2-3 hours of getting them. Feel free to PM me.

Knowing about the company, officers and other basic and important details is one thing and I make sure all my clients have these and I am certain Bob is doing the same.  Having information public on the ACTUAL location of the equipment is a bad idea.  People have different moralities and there are people who would not think twice about stealing property.   Like Bob, our customer's equipment well being is of our upmost concern and it would be irresponsible to give that information away. 

My company has filed all the nessesary state & city paperwork, while at the same time I take the security of my facility very seriously. I have 3 IT professionals on hand pretty much 24/7, I live 1.1 miles from the facility and I do not mind having to get up to get things fixed.
Otherwise the security information I am willing to publish is right on the OP- IP Cameras + motion detectors. The facility is located next to 4-7 identical buildings, all with active and well known businesses with security of their own.
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:43:37 PM

Happy to welcome the soon to be incoming Jupiters, along with some group buy machines Smiley. Exciting news soon!

We also now support direct invoicing Via Buisness Verified Paypal, and Credit Cards Via Square (if you dont want to go thru paypal).
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:38:21 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 04:19:02 AM by bobsag3

New pricing list updated.

New goodies ordered for hosting!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P8K39G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBK3QK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004054GN8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

+ Big server grade UPS.
DVB

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:56:47 PM

I want to offer a short review of bobsag3's hosting services (he hosts my Redhash). As someone who's been in IT for over 20 years and who owns an MSP company, I've had lots of experience with various hosting providers, and I must say that the service he provides is miles ahead of your average colo provider. The concatenation of personal approach and business professionalism he offers is certainly one of the very best I have ever encountered.

Selection of a hosting provider is a very "personal" matter, since everyone tends to have own unique requirements, but for what it's worth I for sure know who'll be taking care of my future hosting needs.

/DVB

P.S. I wasn't paid to write the above Smiley
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:46:18 PM

I want to offer a short review of bobsag3's hosting services (he hosts my Redhash). As someone who's been in IT for over 20 years and who owns an MSP company, I've had lots of experience with various hosting providers, and I must say that the service he provides is miles ahead of your average colo provider. The concatenation of personal approach and business professionalism he offers is certainly one of the very best I have ever encountered.

Selection of a hosting provider is a very "personal" matter, since everyone tends to have own unique requirements, but for what it's worth I for sure know who'll be taking care of my future hosting needs.

/DVB

Thanks for the kind words.

More Jupiter's and 11TH worth of BF boards hopefully arriving this week.
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:39:52 AM

/DVB

Thanks for the kind words.

More Jupiter's and 11TH worth of BF boards hopefully arriving this week.
Ships monday!
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:52:14 PM

are there available hashing power for rent or just purely hosting for now?
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:26:53 PM

are there available hashing power for rent or just purely hosting for now?
Their may be some hashpower for rent, but generally only hosting for now.
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:59:14 AM

To the top
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:51:57 AM

Hashhashhash
bobsag3 (OP)

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:56:50 AM

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: