Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How has past few months affected your gambling?  (Read 841 times)
BTC Jon (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:32:48 PM

As owner of a gambling guide - Bitcoin Gambling 101, I am curious as to how the crazy December and then January price changes affected your gambling wins/ losses?
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Of course it didn't affect my winning/losing at all, but i gambled way less bitcoins than when their price was smaller, but i still gambled using same USD amount. I think it's same with everyone else, maybe some gamblers didn't play these weeks at all due to huge bitcoins, and their transaction fee, prices.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:20:35 PM

Of course it didn't affect my winning/losing at all, but i gambled way less bitcoins than when their price was smaller, but i still gambled using same USD amount. I think it's same with everyone else, maybe some gamblers didn't play these weeks at all due to huge bitcoins, and their transaction fee, prices.
There might be some differences on btc value but still people would really play on usd amount on major cases i believe. On my side it doesnt really affect on how prices go with bitcoin since im just playing anytime with usd value no matter what would be the amounts of bitcoin can be spend as long i do already know the limits.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:41:21 PM

There might be some differences on btc value but still people would really play on usd amount on major cases i believe. On my side it doesnt really affect on how prices go with bitcoin since im just playing anytime with usd value no matter what would be the amounts of bitcoin can be spend as long i do already know the limits.
I personally always use use rates when bitcoin value skyrocketing, but take an opportunity to get a lot of bitcoin when the price crashes so I increase my bet amount in the last few weeks , love to take a risk as it's the meaning of this real life. Well at least that's what I've done.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Lionidas

Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:10:54 PM

I did spend more in gambling before the rise in bitcoin past $15,000 but after that I did notice that I tend to draw back on my bet amounts.
Now that it has dropped below $8,000 again recently in the btc price, I have comeback to wagering large amounts again.
Because it doesn't seem to be that much per wager in the amounts I bet when transferring into money.
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:32:48 PM

there is no effect whatsoever in my gambling even though prices are volatile.
because I have a special fund that is reserved for the balance of gambling.
and perhaps many gamblers are doing the same thing,
and if it is done, be sure we will still gamble with a fixed bet amount and not for UDS count

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:00:42 AM

there is no effect whatsoever in my gambling even though prices are volatile.
because I have a special fund that is reserved for the balance of gambling.

What do you mean by the special fund?

I too fix some money to gamble every month but it is always in USD and will not exceed that amount for any reason. That means if bitcoin prices go up then I will have a fewer bitcoins to play and if bitcoin prices go down then I will have slightly more coins to play these games in a month.

Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:45:52 AM

As owner of a gambling guide - Bitcoin Gambling 101, I am curious as to how the crazy December and then January price changes affected your gambling wins/ losses?
The amount of USD is the same but the amount pf Btc and Eth last December from today well that's already big lose my friend. This is my opinion base upon the market since we experienced a hug dumped of all coin especially bitcoin it really affects our daily gambling in life not pnly in gambling aspects but also in trading aspects we need to be aware of that. The balance is very important here. This is all the issues.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:00:07 AM

The past few months, I just went with the flow whether the price goes up or goes down, as long as I'm just working with BTC as my currency, it's no problem. It's fun to think if you have a high amount of BTC and high in price, that's the best feeling. I just think of my money as bitcoin and not the conversion.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:27:02 AM

As a serial addicted gambler I had to tone down my bets in btc, prices have come down a long way, and to continue now would be absolutely madness. I'm not giving up my gambling urge, however just waiting to see if the prices move up, if not I guess I'll continue gambling, a gambler life can't be stopped for long.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:20:27 AM

As a serial addicted gambler I had to tone down my bets in btc, prices have come down a long way, and to continue now would be absolutely madness. I'm not giving up my gambling urge, however just waiting to see if the prices move up, if not I guess I'll continue gambling, a gambler life can't be stopped for long.

You're wrong because everything is possible if you decide to do it. But half-heartedly want to stop then you will easily find a reason to start gambling again.

You just need to pick up another activity to spend your free time and shouldn't play these games for some time for any reason than over the time you will come out of this addiction.
BTC Jon (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:14:01 AM

Thanks everyone for your interesting insights!

For me the price changes made me think a little more, like Lionidas and buyinbtc, it was just crazy for me knowing that same wager I made a few months before was now worth 4-5x more, but my BTC was still the same.
Added an extra level of risk and reward, which was intense Smiley
buyinbtc
Legendary

Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:18:57 AM

I personally always use use rates when bitcoin value skyrocketing, but take an opportunity to get a lot of bitcoin when the price crashes so I increase my bet amount in the last few weeks , love to take a risk as it's the meaning of this real life. Well at least that's what I've done.

Risk might be huge part of our lives... But i'm not sure if risk in gambling is necessary to live nice life. If you can afford to lose money that you risk then it is fine i guess, as it's up to you how you will use them, but otherwise it's quite silly to bet even more when their price is low, as you might use that money elsewhere.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:14:32 AM

This is actually the advantage when bitcoins price is low on where we can really accumulate lots of it since it is just cheap but yet the same amount of money in local fiat value been risked. Its up to you actually if you can really took the risk or not since you do know the opportunity behind it when you do won those bets but not totally a clever thing or to rely on specially when we do talk about gambling.

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:23:21 AM

The big problem that the events of the past are affecting (in negative way) the psychic of the gambler like, the big crisis in Bitcoin price, the losses in the past... Moreover, usually  some gamblers fail due to the loss of self-confidence after a while of the bad events.
In addition to that, for me, the past will never affect my future in gambling and other fields because the experiences (particularly the negative ones) teach us do not to fail next time.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:24:45 AM

The big problem that the events of the past are affecting (in negative way) the psychic of the gambler like, the big crisis in Bitcoin price, the losses in the past... Moreover, usually  some gamblers fail due to the loss of self-confidence after a while of the bad events.
In addition to that, for me, the past will never affect my future in gambling and other fields because the experiences (particularly the negative ones) teach us do not to fail next time.
It should be like that always and we can never really know what the future has in store for us but if we know how to act it will definitely wouldn't matter much. It's not a big effect for sure. We should always be in the right path.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:33:48 AM

It didn't affect my wins or losses, but I have been able to bet a bit larger due to Bitcoin's lower price.
The website I gamble on (crypto-games) has pretty high bet sizes for Bitcoin roulette and usually I opt to play with altcoins like Litecoin or Peercoin instead.

Now I just played with 0.016 BTC without even worrying about it Tongue

Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

It didn't affect my wins or losses, but I have been able to bet a bit larger due to Bitcoin's lower price.
The website I gamble on (crypto-games) has pretty high bet sizes for Bitcoin roulette and usually I opt to play with altcoins like Litecoin or Peercoin instead.

Now I just played with 0.016 BTC without even worrying about it Tongue

Woah you are so lucky! With the situation of Bitcoin's price now, I am quite skeptical to go all out in terms of gambling because it has significantly dropped since the beginning of the quarter of 2018. I am quite reluctant too to show some interest since all I am doing now is holding because I am regretting the paper losses I incurred the past year.

I do not have a particular strategy in gambling especially since the market is not doing well. I am just playing safe and trying to accumulate more Bitcoins on the premise that I will regain all losses in due time.

More so, I am sure you do not really have to worry much expenditure on gambling because the value of Bitcoin now is really at its lowest for I think, the last five months.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:14:05 PM

Bitcoin price doesn't really affect my gambling style as I normally define my bankroll using fiat. So if BTC price rises to much, I just remove those bitcoins from the gambling sites I use, and I make smaller bets, if they BTC price decreases, like it's happening now I normally increase my betting size accordingly. The fees however affected gambling a little, but things are getting back to normal now. I hope I can get a lot of bitcoins from gambling now, since the price is quite low, and this will maximize my winnings in the future.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:24:46 PM

Well, I have certain percentage of bitcoins which I can afford to lose. So my bets were the same in bitcoins while their value in dollars was different.
And I've used litecoin few times when network was overloaded because I didn't want to pay huge fee for bitcoin transactiion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: