Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: MYMINER - Open Source Bitcoin mining ASIC project  (Read 5680 times)
freeworm (OP)

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:09:36 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 03:16:30 AM by freeworm

Update: No enough attention was attracted by this project in this forum. We are going to keep working on it privately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:14:07 AM

110nm Huh  Your just a tad bit late with that  Roll Eyes

Maybe if you were going to 28nm............MAYBE............need ALOT more info though,like who you are & where your located for starters  Wink

Good luck  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
freeworm (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:19:42 AM

110nm Huh  Your just a tad bit late with that  Roll Eyes

Maybe if you were going to 28nm............MAYBE............need ALOT more info though,like who you are & where your located for starters  Wink

Good luck  Grin

Yes, we know that, but it's not so clear two months ago.
Fortunately the prototyping codes can be used for any feature size including 28nm.
It's better to have more than 1 core for smaller feature size, it's not difficult to add more cores
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:39:16 AM

It sounds really like an easy scam.
Edit, i propose myself to be an escrow for this, even if no one asked for that. You can look at my trust history. I will do it for free.

My address: 1LqNiZWiSriUwKoWxSpcmqWw6TzVSR9SAy
(if you trust me more than the OP, use it)

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
freeworm (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:17:12 AM

It sounds really like an easy scam.
Edit, i propose myself to be an escrow for this, even if no one asked for that. You can look at my trust history. I will do it for free.

My address: 1LqNiZWiSriUwKoWxSpcmqWw6TzVSR9SAy
(if you trust me more than the OP, use it)

This is not a scam. we have uploaded the FPGA sof file for prototyping verification. Anyone who has De2 FPGA boards can verify it.
Thanks a lot for your proposal, but I have sent a PM to invite John (John K.) as an escrow.
We will let you or someone else to be the escrow if he refused.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:21:34 AM

If you use a trusted escrow like John you have my full support for what you are doing.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:50:07 AM

Looks promising. I would use John k as escrow

Message me if you have any problems
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:34:39 PM

200BTC donation to compensate our previous work and to support us to continue

1, FPGA codes for the ASIC chips
2, FPGA codes for the controller
3, A python miner

You want a 200 BTC donation for some FPGA mining code???

Buy & Hold
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:24:41 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 05:39:11 PM by DyslexicZombei

According to one of the GBCs I advocate for, ultibit, I understand that John K. has been tied up lately and very busy. They've been waiting days for service IIRC. I noticed recently that the GB forum needed escrow service redundancy and more prompt attention (IMHO), which is which I started my GB services. I offer a response time of 12-24 hours for official transactions, but usually around 4-6 hours. My niche is the Group Buys forum and pre-planning GBs so I guarantee I'll give you much more prompt and detailed support then any normal Escrow Service can possibly provide (since they have to serve the whole BTC economy/marketplace). I provide world class customer service support, education skills, and access to my 30 years of IT and advanced sales experience (I once sold and taught close up magic tricks as a teenager).

I would like to offer my escrow coordination services as well; I'm not an Escrow Repository but I can set up semi-automated sales for your fundraising at BTCrow for a 2% total fee. BTCrow offers low fees, Escrow Repository services as you build up your funding, refunds, manual release of funds by buying parties at the end of the fundraising effort, and even professional 3rd party dispute resolution for up to 120 days post-sales, which is something that could be important to potential backers.

I run a small miner co-op & I vet new Group Buy Coordinators and amateur miner hosts on the GB forum for free as a community service. I also advocate for both buyers and sellers. I've passed on 9.3 BTC on behalf of 3 different miners for HashFast Group Buy shares via John K.. In only about two weeks of my services being available: I have vetted (or am in the process of vetting) 5 different new or aspiring Group Buy Coordinators so far and multiple amateur miner hosts in several different states in my matchmaking index with super cheap electricty,
freeworm (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:08:44 AM

If you use a trusted escrow like John you have my full support for what you are doing.

It seems that John K. is very busy now. we haven't got any reply from him. Is there any other well-known escrow we can trust?
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:17:32 AM

According to one of the GBCs I advocate for, ultibit, I understand that John K. has been tied up lately and very busy. They've been waiting days for service IIRC. I noticed recently that the GB forum needed escrow service redundancy and more prompt attention (IMHO), which is which I started my GB services. I offer a response time of 12-24 hours for official transactions, but usually around 4-6 hours. My niche is the Group Buys forum and pre-planning GBs so I guarantee I'll give you much more prompt and detailed support then any normal Escrow Service can possibly provide (since they have to serve the whole BTC economy/marketplace). I provide world class customer service support, education skills, and access to my 30 years of IT and advanced sales experience (I once sold and taught close up magic tricks as a teenager).

I would like to offer my escrow coordination services as well; I'm not an Escrow Repository but I can set up semi-automated sales for your fundraising at BTCrow for a 2% total fee. BTCrow offers low fees, Escrow Repository services as you build up your funding, refunds, manual release of funds by buying parties at the end of the fundraising effort, and even professional 3rd party dispute resolution for up to 120 days post-sales, which is something that could be important to potential backers.

I run a small miner co-op & I vet new Group Buy Coordinators and amateur miner hosts on the GB forum for free as a community service. I also advocate for both buyers and sellers. I've passed on 9.3 BTC on behalf of 3 different miners for HashFast Group Buy shares via John K.. In only about two weeks of my services being available: I have vetted (or am in the process of vetting) 5 different new or aspiring Group Buy Coordinators so far and multiple amateur miner hosts in several different states in my matchmaking index with super cheap electricty,

This Guy look very scammy to me, trying to self promote to be an Escrow Guy. A Scammer promoting himself what a joke. This whole thing looks very suspicious to me. What Guarantee Do they have? Another x-crowd, Abidi?
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:46:03 AM

This Guy look very scammy to me, trying to self promote to be an Escrow Guy. A Scammer promoting himself what a joke. This whole thing looks very suspicious to me. What Guarantee Do they have? Another x-crowd, Abidi?

Screw you eve! Go fuck yourself. Pretty much everyone laughs at you here. Your worth to the community is zilch. Go back to the Group Buys forum & see what I've contributed to the top post there compared to you. How many endorsements do you have on ebay? I've got a 162 perfect feedback rating as a co-seller/buyer over 10 years.

How many endorsements do you have on this forum. I have 5 so far, and I've vetted bobsag3 and BeepBeep2 as Group Buy Coordinators for free. I also have three new GBCs I'm in the process of vetting and multiple people here have trusted me with their IDs & even BTC with good reason & nothing fucking happened you fucking barney kook. Here's 4 shares worth 6.2 BTC where nothing fucking happened except what was supposed to happen:

https://blockchain.info/tx/0ffc32767e5fc6138fdca9c509cd1f711a105d0c57298072f60162cf6d0fe937

Here's why you should trust me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.msg2956448#msg2956448
Here's my endorsements: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280412.msg2997877#msg2997877

Why should we trust YOU eve. You POS. Where's your endorsements? You should take your accusation down since it's fucking groundless.

What you just accused me of: That's libel or defamation.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:48:55 AM

Screw you eve! Go fuck yourself. Go back to the Group Buys forum & see what I've contributed to the top post there compared to you. How many endorsements do you have on ebay? I've got a 162 perfect feedback rating as a co-seller/buyer.

How many endorsements do you have on this forum. I have 5 so far, and I've vetted bobsag3 and BeepBeep2 as Group Buy Coordinators for free. I also have three new GBCs I'm in the process of vetting and people have trusted me with their IDs & even BTC with good reason & nothing fucking happened you fucking barney kook I'd run over if I saw you in the water. Here's 4 shares worth 6.2 BTC where nothing fucking happened except what was supposed to happen:

https://blockchain.info/tx/0ffc32767e5fc6138fdca9c509cd1f711a105d0c57298072f60162cf6d0fe937

Here's why you should trust me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.msg2956448#msg2956448
Here's my endorsements: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280412.msg2997877#msg2997877

Why should we trust YOU eve. You POS. Where's your f'n endorsements?

Cheesy  Easy man,your gonna blow a gasket  Cheesy We all know eve,see his/her ignore glowing Huh  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
eve

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:52:40 AM

What a guy with those attitude and personality would someone let him escrow?
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:54:05 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 06:07:27 AM by DyslexicZombei

eve just got me in a bad mood. I'm usually patient with his outbursts but he's never attacked me personally before. Some jerk new GBC tried to include me in his price fixing cabal: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288656.0

Sorry eve. But I still reported you to the mods for libel/defamation. There's free speech but you cannot go around throwing those serious accusations without proof. I've listed my proof. Where's your proof, kook?
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:02:31 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 06:04:59 AM by DyslexicZombei

Sorry Unacceptable. You're right. Must be time for a snickers bar I suppose. Grin

Guess I'll just need to use my first ignore.

===

Sorry for the thread hijack freeworm. Don't mind my thread outburst. I've put a lot of time/effort into starting my services & to have someone call me a scammer without a single shred of proof when I've been completely aboveboard with my dealings with people's IDs, cash, and BTC & have gone out of my way to help newbies and forum members, just rankles me after the day I had. Like I mentioned: the actual escrow depository services & 3rd party dispute resolution is handled by BTCrow. I'm an official BTCrow Escrow *Affiliate* and not an Agent. The offer still stands.

I can also mention dabs as an escrow service that's avail. He runs an actual MSB service in the PI. SebastianJu is also a standup guy.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:37:42 AM

3, A python miner

This is what i also don't understand. However i don't understand nothing about designing an asic chip, so i must be wrong.
Trusted escrow, that will do it for free? I don't know any of it.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:18:01 AM

Sorry Unacceptable. You're right. Must be time for a snickers bar I suppose. Grin

Guess I'll just need to use my first ignore.

===

Sorry for the thread hijack freeworm. Don't mind my thread outburst. I've put a lot of time/effort into starting my services & to have someone call me a scammer without a single shred of proof when I've been completely aboveboard with my dealings with people's IDs, cash, and BTC & have gone out of my way to help newbies and forum members, just rankles me after the day I had. Like I mentioned: the actual escrow depository services & 3rd party dispute resolution is handled by BTCrow. I'm an official BTCrow Escrow *Affiliate* and not an Agent. The offer still stands.

I can also mention dabs as an escrow service that's avail. He runs an actual MSB service in the PI. SebastianJu is also a standup guy.

Cheesy  No worries man,we all snap from time to time   Wink

I ignore no one,I just consider the source & move on  Cheesy

If your a scammer,it will show soon enough (look at pirateat40,he is soooo screwed now that BTC is "currency"  Cheesy ),if your not,it too will show  Wink

Back on topic: I'll be watching & waiting for results to prove that this is legit & works & is affordable.

All these ASIC guys want big money,not much for us poor folk to chose from...................... Sad

freeworm (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:55:33 AM

3, A python miner

This is what i also don't understand. However i don't understand nothing about designing an asic chip, so i must be wrong.
Trusted escrow, that will do it for free? I don't know any of it.

From our experience, the most difficult part of starting a bitcoin mining ASIC chip is the prototyping design on FPGA.
One team needs at least one FPGA expert, one ASIC expert and one Bitcoin mining algorithm expert to finish it.
It usually takes 2 to 6 months. Avalon, BTCGuarden, and labcoin are all the examples.

labcoin collected 7,000 BTC from its IPO when they just finished the FPGA prototyping for the 150nm chip.
BTCGuarden collected ~10,000 BTC from its IPO when they claimed they were going to tape-out their chip.

We also collected 3,000 BTC from MYMINER IPO while we even didn't mention we had the ASIC prototyping almost done.

Since we have already finished this ASIC prototyping part, it will save people a lot time who want to tape-out the real chip.

Anyone who gets the source codes of our ASIC prototyping can generate a netlist file and send this file to an IC design company or person for IC layout design.

Layout usually takes 15-30 days. Once it's finished, one can send the layout to the fab for tape-out.

Usually the IC company can do the layout and arrange the tape-out for you together as a package service as long as you can provide the netlist file and pay them.
The only thing you need to worry about is the ASIC prototyping while we have already done it for you.
freeworm (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:42:31 AM

John K. haven't given any response until now. We need to find a new well known escrow. If somebody knows, please advice.
eve

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:55:53 AM

Who would want to escrow a scam, no one will. xcrowd was another one.
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:51:08 AM

This would be an interesting project if the community could keep it open source and any contributions to the design would be open sourced and not kept proprietary.

Basically, it would lead to a open source ASIC chip that anyone could contract to have manufactured ... would really make bitcoin distributed ...
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:07:10 AM

interested

at wich stage are u at the moment?

eve

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:49:26 AM

interested

the writings are on the wall, is a scam
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:27:49 AM

interested

Instead of throwing around accusations eve why don't you show some proof for the first time in you life?

Message me if you have any problems
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:40:11 AM

Screw you eve! Go fuck yourself. Pretty much everyone laughs at you here. Your worth to the community is zilch. Go back to the Group Buys forum & see what I've contributed to the top post there compared to you. How many endorsements do you have on ebay? I've got a 162 perfect feedback rating as a co-seller/buyer over 10 years.

How many endorsements do you have on this forum. I have 5 so far, and I've vetted bobsag3 and BeepBeep2 as Group Buy Coordinators for free. I also have three new GBCs I'm in the process of vetting and multiple people here have trusted me with their IDs & even BTC with good reason & nothing fucking happened you fucking barney kook. Here's 4 shares worth 6.2 BTC where nothing fucking happened except what was supposed to happen:

Why should we trust YOU eve. You POS. Where's your endorsements? You should take your accusation down since it's fucking groundless.

What you just accused me of: That's libel or defamation.

Suggest you put Eve on ignore... and let him wear his tinfoil hat on his own.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
freeworm (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:31:02 AM

interested

Hi,

We have provided our FPGA firmware of your ASIC prototyping and the main controller in the main post. Anyone can test it. It's real.
papamoi

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:52:57 AM

interested

Hi,

We have provided our FPGA firmware of your ASIC prototyping and the main controller in the main post. Anyone can test it. It's real.

do you have a vhdl or rtl for this?

on fpga should this work?on wich one did you test it?what speed of hashing did you get?

thanks
freeworm (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:54:20 AM

interested

Hi,

do you have a vhdl or rtl for this?

on fpga should this work?on wich one did you test it?what speed of hashing did you get?

thanks

The FPGA firmwares included in the main post are generated from our VHDL/Verilog source codes.
We tested them on three De2 boards hashing at around 100Mh/s as show below

Since it does 1 hash per clock, on a 110nm asic chip running at 300MHz, it will do 300mh/s, the same as Avalon's chip does.
A 40nm chip can run at 800-1000MHz, so it will do 800Mh/s-1Gh/s.

Muti-core chip is also possible.

papamoi

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:53:50 AM

Hi

what i need is an rtl of vhdl to be able to study and progress on this

ztex have provided his own and has being used by avalon as well as bitfury as a base for their design

so make it public and we can see if we can work it out

thanks
cloverminer

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:41:38 AM

you guys think there's only Place & Route work between fpga verilog and ASIC design? what about analog part, PLL?
chip_painter

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:55:03 PM

Hi Freeworm,
I don’t know if you are from btc-garden. I am quite interested in this opensource idea, I fully support a opensourced mining asic.
However, I think the best way to make it work is to do it for free.
Personally I think 200 bitcoins for an FPGA code is too expensive, since you can easily get it from openFPGAminer project where it is free and opensourced. What’s your improvement?
That doesn’t mean I don’t what to contribute on this.
As I am also a chip designer myself, I am more interested in the technical level details. There are several question marks in my mind.
1.   As I know, it is a long way to go from FPGA verification to an asic chip. Unless you don’t care about the performance. FPGA has its own architecture, and optimized for flexibility.
2.   According to my experience, to get 300MHps is not easy. As you don’t have the final physical design ready yet, how did you estimate a performance of 300MHps in the 110nm technology? Only using FPGA tools like Quatus is not possible at all. Which EDA tools did you use to estimate the performance?
3.   The SHA256 core is complex and contains tens of thousands of logic cells. For one or two designers, manually routing the design would be as hard as going the moon by foot. Typically the layout is done with EDA tools automatically. You mentioned 20-30days of work for the layout, and does this mean fully manual layout, or using EDA tools for the routing? I heard that Intel designed their early CPUs fully manual and I believe it since they have many personal months. But BFL claimed their chip “100% Hand routed for performance density” and I doubt about it. I totally agree if it is only for the packaging Tongue
4.   There are many technique details for an efficient asic SHA256 core. E.g. In a FPGA implementation the PLL is only used for generating the clock. But in an asic the clock can be used with multiphase, which can’t be simulated in FPGA.
5.   You mentioned the most difficult part is prototyping in FPGA, but I think the most difficult part is to optimize the design. That includes optimization of the algorithm, the layout of the chip etc. It seems you haven’t provided any technical details about it now. Getting 100MHps in FPGA is not difficult at all. If you provide slack information in your asic design that would convince more people.
I guess the initial purpose of the project is to profit, now making it opensource means no profit. But asking for 200BTC is still charging something. What is your vision behind this?
Anyway I fully support the opensource idea, and I hope more and more discussions going on with this topic. I am glad to get involved into making an opensourced asic miner.
eve

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:19:05 AM

What happens, did he disappear without a trace after failing to convinced everyone on the RTL, VDHL and support for analog part, PLL?

Hardly any news from him. I told you so it is nothing but "      "
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:07:42 PM

John K. haven't given any response until now. We need to find a new well known escrow. If somebody knows, please advice.

Try Tomatocage as escrow. He's a mod on here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=37522
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:38:55 AM

Hi, can the Bter.com admin please come back to me . We need to settle some very urgent matters.  Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: