Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MYMINER - Open Source Bitcoin mining ASIC project  (Read 5680 times)
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:55:53 AM

Who would want to escrow a scam, no one will. xcrowd was another one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:51:08 AM

This would be an interesting project if the community could keep it open source and any contributions to the design would be open sourced and not kept proprietary.

Basically, it would lead to a open source ASIC chip that anyone could contract to have manufactured ... would really make bitcoin distributed ...
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:07:10 AM

interested

at wich stage are u at the moment?

eve

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:49:26 AM

interested

the writings are on the wall, is a scam
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:27:49 AM

interested

Instead of throwing around accusations eve why don't you show some proof for the first time in you life?

Message me if you have any problems
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:40:11 AM

According to one of the GBCs I advocate for, ultibit, I understand that John K. has been tied up lately and very busy. They've been waiting days for service IIRC. I noticed recently that the GB forum needed escrow service redundancy and more prompt attention (IMHO), which is which I started my GB services. I offer a response time of 12-24 hours for official transactions, but usually around 4-6 hours. My niche is the Group Buys forum and pre-planning GBs so I guarantee I'll give you much more prompt and detailed support then any normal Escrow Service can possibly provide (since they have to serve the whole BTC economy/marketplace). I provide world class customer service support, education skills, and access to my 30 years of IT and advanced sales experience (I once sold and taught close up magic tricks as a teenager).

I would like to offer my escrow coordination services as well; I'm not an Escrow Repository but I can set up semi-automated sales for your fundraising at BTCrow for a 2% total fee. BTCrow offers low fees, Escrow Repository services as you build up your funding, refunds, manual release of funds by buying parties at the end of the fundraising effort, and even professional 3rd party dispute resolution for up to 120 days post-sales, which is something that could be important to potential backers.

I run a small miner co-op & I vet new Group Buy Coordinators and amateur miner hosts on the GB forum for free as a community service. I also advocate for both buyers and sellers. I've passed on 9.3 BTC on behalf of 3 different miners for HashFast Group Buy shares via John K.. In only about two weeks of my services being available: I have vetted (or am in the process of vetting) 5 different new or aspiring Group Buy Coordinators so far and multiple amateur miner hosts in several different states in my matchmaking index with super cheap electricty,

This Guy look very scammy to me, trying to self promote to be an Escrow Guy. A Scammer promoting himself what a joke. This whole thing looks very suspicious to me. What Guarantee Do they have? Another x-crowd, Abidi?

Screw you eve! Go fuck yourself. Pretty much everyone laughs at you here. Your worth to the community is zilch. Go back to the Group Buys forum & see what I've contributed to the top post there compared to you. How many endorsements do you have on ebay? I've got a 162 perfect feedback rating as a co-seller/buyer over 10 years.

How many endorsements do you have on this forum. I have 5 so far, and I've vetted bobsag3 and BeepBeep2 as Group Buy Coordinators for free. I also have three new GBCs I'm in the process of vetting and multiple people here have trusted me with their IDs & even BTC with good reason & nothing fucking happened you fucking barney kook. Here's 4 shares worth 6.2 BTC where nothing fucking happened except what was supposed to happen:

https://blockchain.info/tx/0ffc32767e5fc6138fdca9c509cd1f711a105d0c57298072f60162cf6d0fe937

Here's why you should trust me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.msg2956448#msg2956448
Here's my endorsements: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280412.msg2997877#msg2997877

Why should we trust YOU eve. You POS. Where's your endorsements? You should take your accusation down since it's fucking groundless.

What you just accused me of: That's libel or defamation.

Suggest you put Eve on ignore... and let him wear his tinfoil hat on his own.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
freeworm (OP)

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:31:02 AM

interested

Hi,

We have provided our FPGA firmware of your ASIC prototyping and the main controller in the main post. Anyone can test it. It's real.
papamoi

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:52:57 AM

interested

Hi,

We have provided our FPGA firmware of your ASIC prototyping and the main controller in the main post. Anyone can test it. It's real.

do you have a vhdl or rtl for this?

on fpga should this work?on wich one did you test it?what speed of hashing did you get?

thanks
freeworm (OP)

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:54:20 AM

interested

Hi,

do you have a vhdl or rtl for this?

on fpga should this work?on wich one did you test it?what speed of hashing did you get?

thanks

The FPGA firmwares included in the main post are generated from our VHDL/Verilog source codes.
We tested them on three De2 boards hashing at around 100Mh/s as show below

Since it does 1 hash per clock, on a 110nm asic chip running at 300MHz, it will do 300mh/s, the same as Avalon's chip does.
A 40nm chip can run at 800-1000MHz, so it will do 800Mh/s-1Gh/s.

Muti-core chip is also possible.

papamoi

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:53:50 AM

Hi

what i need is an rtl of vhdl to be able to study and progress on this

ztex have provided his own and has being used by avalon as well as bitfury as a base for their design

so make it public and we can see if we can work it out

thanks
cloverminer

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:41:38 AM

you guys think there's only Place & Route work between fpga verilog and ASIC design? what about analog part, PLL?
chip_painter

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 12:55:03 PM

Hi Freeworm,
I don’t know if you are from btc-garden. I am quite interested in this opensource idea, I fully support a opensourced mining asic.
However, I think the best way to make it work is to do it for free.
Personally I think 200 bitcoins for an FPGA code is too expensive, since you can easily get it from openFPGAminer project where it is free and opensourced. What’s your improvement?
That doesn’t mean I don’t what to contribute on this.
As I am also a chip designer myself, I am more interested in the technical level details. There are several question marks in my mind.
1.   As I know, it is a long way to go from FPGA verification to an asic chip. Unless you don’t care about the performance. FPGA has its own architecture, and optimized for flexibility.
2.   According to my experience, to get 300MHps is not easy. As you don’t have the final physical design ready yet, how did you estimate a performance of 300MHps in the 110nm technology? Only using FPGA tools like Quatus is not possible at all. Which EDA tools did you use to estimate the performance?
3.   The SHA256 core is complex and contains tens of thousands of logic cells. For one or two designers, manually routing the design would be as hard as going the moon by foot. Typically the layout is done with EDA tools automatically. You mentioned 20-30days of work for the layout, and does this mean fully manual layout, or using EDA tools for the routing? I heard that Intel designed their early CPUs fully manual and I believe it since they have many personal months. But BFL claimed their chip “100% Hand routed for performance density” and I doubt about it. I totally agree if it is only for the packaging Tongue
4.   There are many technique details for an efficient asic SHA256 core. E.g. In a FPGA implementation the PLL is only used for generating the clock. But in an asic the clock can be used with multiphase, which can’t be simulated in FPGA.
5.   You mentioned the most difficult part is prototyping in FPGA, but I think the most difficult part is to optimize the design. That includes optimization of the algorithm, the layout of the chip etc. It seems you haven’t provided any technical details about it now. Getting 100MHps in FPGA is not difficult at all. If you provide slack information in your asic design that would convince more people.
I guess the initial purpose of the project is to profit, now making it opensource means no profit. But asking for 200BTC is still charging something. What is your vision behind this?
Anyway I fully support the opensource idea, and I hope more and more discussions going on with this topic. I am glad to get involved into making an opensourced asic miner.
eve

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:19:05 AM

What happens, did he disappear without a trace after failing to convinced everyone on the RTL, VDHL and support for analog part, PLL?

Hardly any news from him. I told you so it is nothing but "      "
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:07:42 PM

John K. haven't given any response until now. We need to find a new well known escrow. If somebody knows, please advice.

Try Tomatocage as escrow. He's a mod on here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=37522
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:38:55 AM

Hi, can the Bter.com admin please come back to me . We need to settle some very urgent matters.  Thanks
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: