Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:45:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]**PROOF OF TOSS**A SMART BETTING ECOSYSTEM*Official*  (Read 2634 times)
DtpNumbered

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:35:47 PM

If you haven't already, check this nice short video of PoT CTO explaining what the project is all about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgetSFfnL8

Nice! Good to see some marketing coming through from the team side as marketing is extremely important these days!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Londondungeon

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:38:11 PM

I saw that it was mention that you can put a wager, but that you can also take a role of a Judge.Will Judge role act as some kind mediator that proof check the result of bet or something similar?Not quite sure I understood properly what was that about...

I'm just reading the Whitepaper and learning about the project and it seems that Judge role is:

A user of the platform that is responsible for confirming an outcome of an Event that the Wager was created for, as well as resolve Challenges that arise in Wagers created by Operators.

Don't know how that will work, but that's what I got...

This is a very interesting option, but I do not know how this will work  Huh

PROOF OF TOSS utilizes the “Prisoner’s Dilemma” by randomly picking events for every Judge and requiring that every Judge makes a deposit of their own TOSS tokens in order to participate. This deposit is used to determine the judges reward as well as incentivize the Judge to be as fair in their judging as possible, through negative reinforcement in the form of fear of losing their deposit.
Depending on who has created a Wager, PROOF OF TOSS allows two approaches to determining the winning Bets:
JUDGING AND SOLVING CHALLENGES
1. When it comes to our solution for bookmakers, the Operator is responsible for delivering the correct result of an event. If the Operator fails to bring the correct
result, players will have the opportunity to initiate a Challenge and, thus, start the DCJ mechanism.

2. Our peer-to-peer solution is completely decentralized and thus all arguable actions are taken by reaching consensus. The PROOF OF TOSS ecosystem, both rewards those users acting in good faith and punishes those that try to manipulate results in their favor. When it comes to determining which Bet won, the system initiates it’s Distributed Crowd Judge mechanism, which randomly selects Wagers for Judges. The Judge has to make a deposit, review the Event and choose an outcome from a selection of options that are available for each particular Wager. Once consensus is reached the result is published to the Wager, all Players who won, the Originator and those Judges that voted for the majority result are rewarded.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the Judge role as that was a bit confusing.
TreborHead

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:41:57 PM

It says on your website  that sale starts in approximately 3 days.Did you have any kind of private sale round,before crowdsale,as in the title it says soft cap almost reached?

I think there was private salle before,and that soft cap is almost reached during that round.Presale should start in a few days i think

But is there any info how much exactly is raised during that private sale phase?

Yeah that is a important bit of information when considering project evolution.Hopefully not too much was raised from private sale, it is much better for projects if more money comes from crowdsale as that means more people are into project.
Endimyon

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:58:29 PM

Just found this article and rating of TOSS on ICOBench.Solid, but could be better rating if you ask me.Deserves a solid 4.

https://icobench.com/ico/toss
WillerTex

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:00:36 PM

It says on your website  that sale starts in approximately 3 days.Did you have any kind of private sale round,before crowdsale,as in the title it says soft cap almost reached?

I think there was private salle before,and that soft cap is almost reached during that round.Presale should start in a few days i think

But is there any info how much exactly is raised during that private sale phase?

There is that info already,its there in the first post,here is the quote:

"With 5m USD worth of tokens sold at private sale already, we are so close to reaching our soft cap. "
JeffTheMan

Activity: 247
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:02:07 PM

Just found this article and rating of TOSS on ICOBench.Solid, but could be better rating if you ask me.Deserves a solid 4.

https://icobench.com/ico/toss

Looks good and I also agree that the rating should be a bit higher from my point of view.Just checked the team a bit and spotted one really good looking member there Cheesy  Grin

https://icobench.com/u/iryna-rybalchenko - part of marketing section of the team

This project "looks" even better now Cheesy Cheesy
Goldigger456

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:32:03 PM

"With 5m USD worth of tokens sold at private sale already, we are so close to reaching our soft cap. "

Its really encouraging to see that TOSS almost reached soft cap during private sale,it will be much easeir for the team,as most important thing for any ICO is to reach soft cap.
SoonAmoon

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:45:48 PM

Its really encouraging to see that TOSS almost reached soft cap during private sale,it will be much easeir for the team,as most important thing for any ICO is to reach soft cap.

I would say the most important thing is to have the best possible product and have a strong marketing presence so you get your idea out and bring investors in.
bibliobusz

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:46:21 PM

It is no wonder, really. This kind of project i sure to be lucrative and the team is pretty serious.
Ajutokintumi

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:50:03 PM

Yes,soft cap gives you security,and time to keep developing product without huge amount of pressure,and its first big test for any project.
Ranunculus2

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:55:23 PM

I saw this on your FB page: “The amount of money wagered in online gambling worldwide is $550 billion USD. Market cap of all cryptocurrencies is $325 billion. Expected penetration of cryptocurrency as the currency of choice for online gambling is close to 100 percent.”

This is a huge market!
MrSlave

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:57:00 PM

Yes,soft cap gives you security,and time to keep developing product without huge amount of pressure,and its first big test for any project.

But the pressure is still present because the main goal should be the hard cap as that gives you the most amount of freedom with your product and lets you experiment with additional features that might not be in the first plan.
cmdr1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:01:56 PM

Do you have some "plan b" in case you dont reach soft cap?Im sure you will reach that,as you are already close,but just in case that happens,whats your next move?

According to their whitepaper,if soft cap is not reached(8500 ETH),all funds will be returned to the investors.

"Since we are aimed at creating a fully functional ecosystem that will evolve and continue to grow, in case Soft Cap is not reached, all contributions will be returned to the token sale participants."

So no worries,either way investor funds are safe!

Too bad, I thought they would be searching for some additional investors or some new possibilities of financing the project.

I'm sure the soft cap will be realized, the information that the funds invested will be returned to investors if the project fails in some way assures investor confidence in the early stage of the project.

They can always find private investors with a project such as this... from the beginning of time betting has been a business that makes a lot of money.
TheRedKing

Merit: 5

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:28:54 PM

Do you have some "plan b" in case you dont reach soft cap?Im sure you will reach that,as you are already close,but just in case that happens,whats your next move?

According to their whitepaper,if soft cap is not reached(8500 ETH),all funds will be returned to the investors.

"Since we are aimed at creating a fully functional ecosystem that will evolve and continue to grow, in case Soft Cap is not reached, all contributions will be returned to the token sale participants."

Too bad, I thought they would be searching for some additional investors or some new possibilities of financing the project.

I'm sure the soft cap will be realized, the information that the funds invested will be returned to investors if the project fails in some way assures investor confidence in the early stage of the project.

They can always find private investors with a project such as this... from the beginning of time betting has been a business that makes a lot of money.

Yup, this is the kind of project where I don't worry if the soft cap will be reached, rather when the hard cap will be reached.
SRBYN

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:36:14 PM

Yes,and blockchain technology is perfect for something like betting,as it offers you security and anonimity.
hyunpark

Activity: 247

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:00:35 PM

Yes,and blockchain technology is perfect for something like betting,as it offers you security and anonimity.

It will be very successful to combine blockchain with such secretive items as bets.
STUNTMANMAJK

Activity: 264

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:04:43 PM

If you haven't already, check this nice short video of PoT CTO explaining what the project is all about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgetSFfnL8

Nice! Good to see some marketing coming through from the team side as marketing is extremely important these days!

Without good marketing and especially public relations today it is difficult to break through regardless of product quality.
Gwiazdooka

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:20:23 PM

Without good marketing and especially public relations today it is difficult to break through regardless of product quality.

Yes in the current crypto market, marketing is atleast important as the product, maybe even more important at the beginning, and without that part done properly, chances for success are not very good.
EDVED

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:20:47 AM

Yes in the current crypto market, marketing is atleast important as the product, maybe even more important at the beginning, and without that part done properly, chances for success are not very good.

I agree, at this stage in crypto market, marketing is a very large part of the job, it would dare to argue that in some cases it is even crucial for the success of project.
Vindizzle

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:12:34 AM

What's the situation on the market, do you have any serious competition?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: