Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]**PROOF OF TOSS**A SMART BETTING ECOSYSTEM*Official*  (Read 2634 times)
Gwiazdooka

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:15:10 PM

Do you have some "plan b" in case you dont reach soft cap?Im sure you will reach that,as you are already close,but just in case that happens,whats your next move?

According to their whitepaper,if soft cap is not reached(8500 ETH),all funds will be returned to the investors.

"Since we are aimed at creating a fully functional ecosystem that will evolve and continue to grow, in case Soft Cap is not reached, all contributions will be returned to the token sale participants."

So no worries,either way investor funds are safe!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRedKing

Activity: 266
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:43:03 PM

Do you have some "plan b" in case you dont reach soft cap?Im sure you will reach that,as you are already close,but just in case that happens,whats your next move?

According to their whitepaper,if soft cap is not reached(8500 ETH),all funds will be returned to the investors.

"Since we are aimed at creating a fully functional ecosystem that will evolve and continue to grow, in case Soft Cap is not reached, all contributions will be returned to the token sale participants."

Too bad, I thought they would be searching for some additional investors or some new possibilities of financing the project.
SoonAmoon

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:12:47 PM

If you haven't already, check this nice short video of PoT CTO explaining what the project is all about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgetSFfnL8
Vargistkrieg

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:00:28 PM

If you haven't already, check this nice short video of PoT CTO explaining what the project is all about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgetSFfnL8

Nice one, thank you for the share. They should do more of those, short ones, long ones, interviews, whatever.
AndreaTheGiant

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:05:27 PM

Are you planning to develop a mobile application sometime in the future?

Well,according to their roadmap,there should be mobile application out,i think sometimes during Q4.Roadmap is a bit confusing,so im not 100% thats when app is out.

And does anybody know if they will have an iOS app out first or an Android one?
TheRedKing

Merit: 5

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:08:41 PM

Well,according to their roadmap,there should be mobile application out,i think sometimes during Q4.Roadmap is a bit confusing,so im not 100% thats when app is out.

Well, that really depends on what territory they want to spread first. iOS is more popular in NA while Android is a big thing in Europe and Asia. Isn't NA now enforcing some ICO restrictions?
AndreaTheGiant

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:15:51 PM

Well, that really depends on what territory they want to spread first. iOS is more popular in NA while Android is a big thing in Europe and Asia. Isn't NA now enforcing some ICO restrictions?

There are some restrictions getting passed by Facebook and I know NA is not the most welcoming to crypto, not like South Korea. But what makes sense they go out with just one so they can concentrate their efforts on developing for that platform.
Vargistkrieg

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:32:34 PM

There are some restrictions getting passed by Facebook and I know NA is not the most welcoming to crypto, not like South Korea. But what makes sense they go out with just one so they can concentrate their efforts on developing for that platform.

Is development that different? I am not a dev so I really don't know, but if it is it would make sense to pick one and stick with it.
potpockets (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:47:10 AM

In case the Soft Cap is not reached all purchases will be returned to purchasers .

potpockets (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:02:49 AM

I saw that it was mention that you can put a wager, but that you can also take a role of a Judge.Will Judge role act as some kind mediator that proof check the result of bet or something similar?Not quite sure I understood properly what was that about...

I'm just reading the Whitepaper and learning about the project and it seems that Judge role is:

A user of the platform that is responsible for confirming an outcome of an Event that the Wager was created for, as well as resolve Challenges that arise in Wagers created by Operators.

Don't know how that will work, but that's what I got...

This is a very interesting option, but I do not know how this will work  Huh

PROOF OF TOSS utilizes the “Prisoner’s Dilemma” by randomly picking events for every Judge and requiring that every Judge makes a deposit of their own TOSS tokens in order to participate. This deposit is used to determine the judges reward as well as incentivize the Judge to be as fair in their judging as possible, through negative reinforcement in the form of fear of losing their deposit.
Depending on who has created a Wager, PROOF OF TOSS allows two approaches to determining the winning Bets:
JUDGING AND SOLVING CHALLENGES
1. When it comes to our solution for bookmakers, the Operator is responsible for delivering the correct result of an event. If the Operator fails to bring the correct
result, players will have the opportunity to initiate a Challenge and, thus, start the DCJ mechanism.

2. Our peer-to-peer solution is completely decentralized and thus all arguable actions are taken by reaching consensus. The PROOF OF TOSS ecosystem, both rewards those users acting in good faith and punishes those that try to manipulate results in their favor. When it comes to determining which Bet won, the system initiates it’s Distributed Crowd Judge mechanism, which randomly selects Wagers for Judges. The Judge has to make a deposit, review the Event and choose an outcome from a selection of options that are available for each particular Wager. Once consensus is reached the result is published to the Wager, all Players who won, the Originator and those Judges that voted for the majority result are rewarded.

potpockets (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:09:22 AM

Nice one, thank you for the share. They should do more of those, short ones, long ones, interviews, whatever.
We are working on it;)

frazeer

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:00:13 AM

I'm passionate man who likes to bet, been betting for 20 years now and I'm really happy that there are other enthusiasts also who are giving a go to bring betting on blockchain, so thunps up for you guys Cheesy I was wondering do you guys maybe have a Facebook page already? I use Facebook a lot, for my work also so it would be helpful to have you there too  Cool
That's great! Soon you will have an opportunity to try different roles on our platform: to create a Wager, to bet on the outcome or to judge.. Wink
Here you go this is our Official Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ProofOfToss

Thank you, this project is very exciting.Option to create wager is great it will create so many interesting options! It's nice to see a team that responds on each question, shows dedication and that he project has a team that knows a way to go!

what if someone want silly internal wager with no proof? how will you discern such attempt?

There needs to be a proof, this is a silly question.Even when you bet with your friend there needs to be a proof in the end to be able to know who wins the bet...

sure, but if it's a bet someone who is neutral has to way-out the proof om case of dispute, no?
banaynay

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:28:11 AM

I about the given project in general have learned or have found out from the friends, they spoke about it or him, that he in the future will be known
merrculet

I don't know if the project currently has any competition, but it seems like a solid project which will be awesome in the future.
sebulba

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:46:01 AM

I'm passionate man who likes to bet, been betting for 20 years now and I'm really happy that there are other enthusiasts also who are giving a go to bring betting on blockchain, so thunps up for you guys Cheesy I was wondering do you guys maybe have a Facebook page already? I use Facebook a lot, for my work also so it would be helpful to have you there too  Cool
That's great! Soon you will have an opportunity to try different roles on our platform: to create a Wager, to bet on the outcome or to judge.. Wink
Here you go this is our Official Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ProofOfToss

Thank you, this project is very exciting.Option to create wager is great it will create so many interesting options! It's nice to see a team that responds on each question, shows dedication and that he project has a team that knows a way to go!

what if someone want silly internal wager with no proof? how will you discern such attempt?

There needs to be a proof, this is a silly question.Even when you bet with your friend there needs to be a proof in the end to be able to know who wins the bet...

sure, but if it's a bet someone who is neutral has to way-out the proof om case of dispute, no?

I would say yes - but who would that person be and how does it work?
PuryLock

Activity: 350
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:14:03 AM

It says on your website  that sale starts in approximately 3 days.Did you have any kind of private sale round,before crowdsale,as in the title it says soft cap almost reached?

I think there was private salle before,and that soft cap is almost reached during that round.Presale should start in a few days i think
constructive_criticism

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:15:38 AM

It says on your website  that sale starts in approximately 3 days.Did you have any kind of private sale round,before crowdsale,as in the title it says soft cap almost reached?

I think there was private salle before,and that soft cap is almost reached during that round.Presale should start in a few days i think

That's great news that they almost reached the soft cap in the private sale. Makes me think that they might even hit the hard cap at this pace.
DOBARLOSZAO

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:19:29 AM

Too bad, I thought they would be searching for some additional investors or some new possibilities of financing the project.

I'm sure the soft cap will be realized, the information that the funds invested will be returned to investors if the project fails in some way assures investor confidence in the early stage of the project.
Samson_bbl

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:24:37 AM

But is there any info how much exactly is raised during that private sale phase?
Jeremija

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:26:54 AM

With regard to the targeted market, they should simultaneously develop an app for both platforms.
Tyrant76

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:20:10 AM

With regard to the targeted market, they should simultaneously develop an app for both platforms.

I agree ,but somehow projects tend to focus on one of the platforms first,probably its not easy to develop both at the same time.

I agree, looking only at the financial side parallel development is certainly a striving in the beginning. I believe that Android platform is more represented, especially in the target market.

Thats true,android holds majority of the market.Maybe web version would be solution,that way you would cover both mobile platforms,and computers as well,so everyone can join.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: