Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:43:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China is blocking all the Crypto-Currency Exchange sites and ICOs  (Read 599 times)
Kolokoy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:08:00 AM

China is reportedly aiming to block all websites, both domestic and foreign, related to cryptocurrency trading and initial coin offerings (ICOs) in what could be the country’s final crackdown on the industry. - CCN

What are your thoughts about this?
Is this the reason why Bitcoin and Altcoins are drowning in Bloodbaths since late January?

Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:16:00 AM

I don't think the Chinese government has a big impact on this measure.

Because the Chinese can still use a VPN to break through this restriction, just like I do now, I use a VPN and then communicate with you. Grin

Kolokoy (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:22:36 AM

Because the Chinese can still use a VPN to break through this restriction, just like I do now, I use a VPN and then communicate with you. Grin

Well, everyone can find a lot of ways on accessing and earning Cryptocurrencies but I think the hassle and risks are high. The only Chinese people who knows and educated what Blockchain and Cryptocurrency does are the ones who are trying to earn at any cost.
My thoughts for this Chinese Government on cracking down cryptocurrency related websites will limit their citizens on adapting the future of monetary system.
I just hope it will be on China and the rest of the world will adapt blockchain.

cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:26:43 AM

Or they can move to other countries by migration it would be their option like what other exchanges from china did,they transfered their headquarters to hongkong and japan,surely these chinese investors wont be stopped by their own government because people find their ways.
Mohamme

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:28:24 AM

Well, everyone can find a lot of ways on accessing and earning Cryptocurrencies but I think the hassle and risks are high. The only Chinese people who knows and educated what Blockchain and Cryptocurrency does are the ones who are trying to earn at any cost.
My thoughts for this Chinese Government on cracking down cryptocurrency related websites will limit their citizens on adapting the future of monetary system.
I just hope it will be on China and the rest of the world will adapt blockchain.
That's not the case. Why would China limit the cryptocurrency markets?
Because there are a lot of fraudulent ICO projects in China, and China is corrupt, many people transfer their assets abroad through BTC, which is not allowed by the government.
And they restrict access to sites linked to cryptocurrencies, but China does not ban citizens from buying BTC and private transactions.

Mohamme

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:29:39 AM

Or they can move to other countries by migration it would be their option like what other exchanges from china did,they transfered their headquarters to hongkong and japan,surely these chinese investors wont be stopped by their own government because people find their ways.
emmmmm... I don't think it's necessary.
Because we can use a VPN to break through this restriction.

Kolokoy (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:34:47 AM

But the real issue here are the users and investors. They will face issues and troubles into accessing Cryptocurrency exchanges because some exchanges are having blacklists especially when that IP comes from VPN services.
Chinese people cannot use Cryptocurrency related sites without using VPN this time and I believe that this will be one of the causes for this major dip this week.

allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:35:53 AM

Can you give me a reliable source where I can read more about this? Is this news confirmed by chinese goverment? Or is this just another fud from west?
upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:37:45 AM

I don't think it's necessary. There are many ways out of the possible ways to still do the trading

Kolokoy (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:39:28 AM

Can you give me a reliable source where I can read more about this? Is this news confirmed by chinese goverment? Or is this just another fud from west?

Here it is https://www.ccn.com/china-ban-block-cryptocurrency-trading-icos-abroad-report/

They are very serious on cracking down blockchain and they don't want to adapt the future because seems they only care of preparing for war, well, it's only my opinion as everyone seeing different things with the same subject.

valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:43:55 AM

I think it's another FUD to cause another panic among crypto community. It's a not yet official it's been circulated around the social media.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:54:26 AM

I dont really understand why China doing that? Is this only FUD or any official statement from China about it? As I know cryptocurrency given many advantages to their community, many people can gained monthly income from cryptocurrency for their live and their family just like me, so cryptocurrency should be get many support from many party include goverment.

Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:19:38 AM

Even if this is true, but these restrictions are bypassed through the VPN, this is the negative news that pressure some to the holders.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
signalbitbot

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:21:11 AM

There are many myths and fakes. The market is falling because of the players.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 2965

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:23:29 AM

Market is already crashing.. and this looks like a down hill journey of crypto has started Sad

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:25:52 AM

It is an absurd decision, perhaps they are frightened of the benefits that the blockchain sector could bring to the chinese people, who are forced to live in one of the ugliest dictatorships in the world
RealLetoAtreides

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:33:57 AM

The crack down by the Chinese government will have an impact on the adoption of the technology. It will be harder for people to perform legitimate transactions without the fear of punishment and will relegate the use of bitcoin only for black market stuff, because they disregard the laws anyway. And this will be used to attack the bitcoin ecosystem with people saying "Look, bitcoin is used by criminals to evade government, we should ban it, only bad people need to use bitcoin".

My hope is that the disruption caused by this technology will be so great that it won't be possible to ignore and people will put pressure on their governments to allow them to use bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in day to day transactions.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:34:42 AM

That is maybe a tenth time this fake news went out. China is not blocking exchange sites and ICOs, but they do want to regulate them. Some permanent blocks could be necessary along the way through, nothing to be worried about, only annoyed, and only if you are a Chinese trader.

You must understand that Chinese Government only wants to find the way to make this for their benefit, if not to protect people.
China may block all non-Chinese projects in the future though. That is what they did with search engines, news portals etc. They have their versions of everything, even iPhone. That way all the money is staying in China. It is called a strategy, we can argue it (especially about the intellectual property and patent rights) but it is valid.

Kolokoy (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

There are many myths and fakes. The market is falling because of the players.

I agree there are some fakes and FUDs but this time when China addresses cryptocurrency reports then they're all real.
Bitcoin surges almost to the $20,000 before 2017 ends then China banned foreign cryptocurrency exchange and trades that made the whole market crashed. Last 2 weeks South Korea FUDs Market Ban as well that's what made the market crash more and the now lately China will block Cryptocurrency related sites so Chinese won't be able to access and earn cryptocurrencies anymore except using VPNs.
I agree there are some players behind but this things could trigger momentums as well.

Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:36:14 AM

Here it is https://www.ccn.com/china-ban-block-cryptocurrency-trading-icos-abroad-report/

They are very serious on cracking down blockchain and they don't want to adapt the future because seems they only care of preparing for war, well, it's only my opinion as everyone seeing different things with the same subject.
China has always been ready for war. Due to the large population in  a small  territory.
Especially now, when the USA withdraws its business from China.
 Many people in China are trying to earn even on the prohibitions of crypto-currencies. There were many websites with offers of free candies. Come, get, exchange from us- Pay a commission for illiquid coins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: