Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:08:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China is blocking all the Crypto-Currency Exchange sites and ICOs  (Read 599 times)
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:35:19 PM

China is reportedly aiming to block all websites, both domestic and foreign, related to cryptocurrency trading and initial coin offerings (ICOs) in what could be the country’s final crackdown on the industry. - CCN

What are your thoughts about this?
Is this the reason why Bitcoin and Altcoins are drowning in Bloodbaths since late January?

I can not understand why China is doing this. But I think that people will be able to learn news about the crypto currency in this forum and look for ways to use their coins.

China is not famous for granting freedoms to its citizens, they rather want to keep everything under control. And "under control" is perhaps the most incompatible term with crypto, because it is very difficult to control, if at all. Add to that the number of mining organizations and investors in China, and you can see how easily these people can take a lot of money off the grid. I doubt the Chinese government would love this that much.
I agree and anybody with a bit of knowledge of the Chinese government could have seen this coming.
If the government can't control it they will do whatever they can to at least keep it toned down , it will be interesting to see how and if crypto will be used in the future.

KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:35:46 PM

They are just making it hard but they know there are still going to be loopholes since cryptos can be very lucrative investments.
Once China have their own cryptocurrency is when they will step in and regulate it. They are just preparing for it.

beheddard

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:50:45 PM

They wouldn't want to actually lock themselves out of something which is likely to be a huge industry moving forward, probably shouldn't worry about all the banning FUD flying around too much.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:06:12 PM

Well, chinese people are smart, but don't forget that to make something illegal in China is not a so good idea: Chinese leadership has no sense of humor, and if you break the law you likely will face jail or even death penalty.

The Chinese, in any case, will find a way to bypass prohibitions related to the crypto currency, because the potential for crypto currency is high in terms of development. No wonder the whole world is sitting on Chinese phones. Grin Grin Grin

Cryptohad

Activity: 229

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:26:56 PM

i do not understand with what is done by china. they want to master bitcoin and crypto world, and they also want to create crypto. but they use the wrong way. they just make the crypto world sick.

and today they ban ICO and blocking exchange . is this information correct? because I see there is still an ICO they make, like a zipper.

so I'm still doubt of what you wrote,
cryptotsunami

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:31:50 PM

I think this is already a recycled news to create FUD in the ecosystem of cryptocurrency. China is not the only one who trade in the world and there are more alternative trading platform that is not based in China that is operating smoothly. The owners can also create their own platform outside China if the government doesn't allow cryptocurrency trading. I doubt if China will do such actions.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:42:09 PM

i think china is planning something big. they want to prevent illegal use of cryptocurrency and maybe to regulate it. because they can't control it they want to ban it. maybe later when they can solve this problem they can un-ban cryptocurrency in their country.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:53:01 PM

China is reportedly aiming to block all websites, both domestic and foreign, related to cryptocurrency trading and initial coin offerings (ICOs) in what could be the country’s final crackdown on the industry. - CCN

Is this the reason why Bitcoin and Altcoins are drowning in Bloodbaths since late January?
It is to be expected these measures keep getting tighter so if anyone can get their money out of China do it now, you may not have another chance to do it in a long time with such an oppressive regimen, it is such a shame really, the Chinese had a very strong lead in cryptocurrencies and they could have changed the world with it and defeated the US dollar as the world currency but now they are going to be left behind and if they want to get in again it will be too late.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:01:31 PM

Chinese politicians are obsessed with control, and the idea that population could make free trades make them crazy, so they react hysterically.
But there is no much that they can do, at global level: when bitcoin will become generally accepted, you can bet that chinese will change their mind.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:16:40 AM

China is a strange blend of free market and centralized economy, and most of politicians still have communist mentality.
So it's normal that they don't like that their citizens had the possibility to transfer big sums of money without any control by government.
But I think they will find a way to make just some rules to have a more controlled crypto system.
There is no sense in a total ban.

cryptojohn9

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:39:46 AM

I don't think it's necessary. There are many ways out of the possible ways to still do the trading.it's another FUD to cause another panic among crypto community.I think that people will be able to learn news about the crypto currency in this forum and look for ways to use their coins.
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:45:30 AM

The government can block any sites they want however people in china will always find ways and means to still trade. We can always use VPN's to be able to access to trading sites. Chinese can still continue with their trading but with much caution as this could be illegal already and anytime they are already being tracked by the government and could potentially loose all their earnings.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
nextel

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:46:16 AM

I don't think it's necessary. There are many ways out of the possible ways to still do the trading.it's another FUD to cause another panic among crypto community.I think that people will be able to learn news about the crypto currency in this forum and look for ways to use their coins.

I do believe China government couldn't fully put barrier on their citizens on accessing and earning Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies because there are so many ways today that we could still access everything through internet and one of those are just simply using VPN and other IP roxy services.
Earning Cryptocurrencies is the best thing happened in my life since last year so nobody could stop me on earning Crypto even my government or state is blocking everything.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
spike_stev

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

This kind of sounds like FUD to me. Whenever anything happens in china the price of crypto tanks, whales buy more, price rises again. Watch, wait, buy the dip amigos.
Treshkilling

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 12:09:30 PM

I think that China is not yet a reason for the market decline, especially since there are workarounds for trade and ICO ( in the form of VPN) . I think it is not about
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2154

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 12:25:10 PM

Imo government effort to restrict cryptocurrency will fail, like their effort to restrict internet and torrent
User can use TOR and VPN to access exchange sites
They also can bribe authority, remember "absolute power corrupt absolutely"
So this issue only temporary imo, this technology cannot be stop

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
porfenovich

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:31:28 PM

It's clear that China and its citizens'freedoms are somehow apart from each other because they keep everything under control. And one can't control the cryptocurrency. But if people want to mine it and to possess it, they will find the way.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:23:10 PM

China is a great country, but its idea of freedom of the citizen is a little...limited.
Btw, crypto - in spite of these ban - is growing, so in short time chinese government will be forced to change its mind.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:58:51 PM

Chinese government has a strict control over the population, and of course doesn't like the idea that a citizen could transfer big sums of money without to be detect.
But it's very simple to bypass any kind of block, so it seems to me just a manipulative claim, with the intent to scare the average citizen.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:07:43 PM

I hope they totally forbid it and we will get rid of those stupid china based price manipulations. They announce that they forbid something every single week and everybody start to sell their bitcoins in panic. this is really ridiculous. Believe me that it will be much better when china is totally out of crypto market...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: