Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't think the gold value bigger than bitcoin  (Read 264 times)
summer888 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:17:05 AM

Everyone will say scarcity is expensive, the gold is scarcity the same as the bitcoin.
I can't find the reason from the gold valuable.
It can't do anything worth thing...
greatfariola

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:23:10 AM

They both may be regarded as assets, but I think both are different at the same time. Bitcoin can be used for small transactions, while Gold serves as a safe storage for large funds which may be too risky if it were put in Bitcoin.
janah

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:34:15 AM

Everyone will say scarcity is expensive, the gold is scarcity the same as the bitcoin.
If you reffering to long term investment i will go for gold and if i go for short term investment then  i will go to bitcoin why? Because gold have a longer life than bitcoin because bitcoin has maximum value and maximum count unlike gold if you storing it a long long time it will be more valuable.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:39:08 AM

not everyone is saying it!
there has always been some comparison between bitcoin and gold because people love to compare things with each other even though they have nothing in common but i don't find that much similarity between bitcoin scarcity and gold's.

gold has been around for millions of years and has been used as a valuable for thousands of years and it has been even used as a currency for hundreds of years.
bitcoin has been around for 9 years!

WHAT Shocked

haha The price of bitcoin has exceeded of gold before.
here is an example of a bad comparison!
how much gold? 1 bar of gold or 1 ounce?
how much bitcoin? 1 whole bitcoin or 1 bit (100 satoshi)?
you are comparing one of the smallest units of gold with one of the biggest units of bitcoin

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
noonc

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:41:49 AM

It is my understanding that gold, to some extent, is comparable to bitcoin, is stability, and gold is more stable than bitcoin, which is inevitable. But from the return on investment, bitcoin's return on investment in the first phase is certainly higher than gold.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:55:42 AM

I my opinion gold has a huge advantage over bitcoin, simply because it's already regulated and governments kind of control it since they have large reserves, so they want it to stay valuable, and it's easy for them to collect taxes from gold. Gold is not very anonymous as well, so it's easy to keep a tight control on who owns what.

Bitcoin has all the benefits of gold in terms of being scarce and decentralized, so it's value should not be affected by the economies of a single country, and it has more advantages over gold, since it has the potencial to be easily spendable in the future, easier to store, less expensive to mine, and more secure since you can't fake it, and you can try to fake gold. On the other hand, governments don't really like it right now, and there is a lot of insecurity on the markets. If this problem is solved, then BTC will be way better than gold.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:01:16 AM

If you reffering to long term investment i will go for gold and if i go for short term investment then  i will go to bitcoin why? Because gold have a longer life than bitcoin because bitcoin has maximum value and maximum count unlike gold if you storing it a long long time it will be more valuable.
How you predict these possibilities first you should think gold is an ornament not a currency but both are valuable so Bitcoin is good profitable investment for long term not a gold.
  Bitcoin is 2x profit in after one year but gold is not raise in these ratio it take more than 5 years. No one should wait for long long investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Joyceshiroor
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:31:06 AM

These both are different from each other. People with lack of knowledge cannot go for bitcoin so thet can do investment in gold. Also gold can be use as safety at the time of financial instability of any person.
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:34:04 AM

What about attempts to link both Gold and Bitcoin?
muzica0519

Activity: 24
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:35:16 AM

If you dont think that gold is valuable then dont accept the fiat money that would be given to you. I believe that bitcoin and gold are valuable in terms of finance, the only difference is their supply. Bitcoin has only limited supply while gold has a vast of supply that is circulating all over the worl and accepted by all nations unlike bitcoin which is only accepted by those who really understand cryptocurrency.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:35:31 AM

Gold will always be the fall back position. It has many applications-electronics for example and deep routed tradition and belief in it gives people confidence in it, Bitcoin is still far to new and novel for most people to trust.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:41:59 AM

Gold is like bitcoin. They have the same quality and value though they are both different in usage. Bitcoin is a digital currency, it is a medium of exchange in peer to peer system. Bitcoin also serves as the storage of assets and balance while gold is also a asset but it can be seen by our two naked eyes. It is also for accesories and collections. They are both different but they are essential in our life.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

Gold is a physical thing and it is the one of the rarest metals available on our earth that's why the price of gold is expensive which is related to the supply and demand of gold.But bitcoin is a virtual currency and still bitcoin didn't complete a decade so it needs some decades of centuries to adopt to the new technology of virtual currency,so until that gold will be considered as valuable.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:04:38 PM

Bitcoin and gold has very different purposes so I can say thst their value will be equal. The only thing that I found that they have much alike on the future, which is, both of these things always on raising record, although nowadays bitcoin price is drop significantly, soon or later it will raise back to the exact price where it belongs. Many people believe this moment will come true, if people not believing on it, how can bitcoin suppose to hold for this long?
summer888 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:35:32 AM

It is my understanding that gold, to some extent, is comparable to bitcoin, is stability, and gold is more stable than bitcoin, which is inevitable. But from the return on investment, bitcoin's return on investment in the first phase is certainly higher than gold.
Precise analysis  :)But I think gold price just stable than bitcoin and nothing can better than bitcoin.
summer888 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:11:54 AM

Gold is a physical thing and it is the one of the rarest metals available on our earth that's why the price of gold is expensive which is related to the supply and demand of gold.But bitcoin is a virtual currency and still bitcoin didn't complete a decade so it needs some decades of centuries to adopt to the new technology of virtual currency,so until that gold will be considered as valuable.
If here provide the 10000 dollars for you, you will choose to buy the BTC or gold?
summer888 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:35:08 AM

Bitcoin and gold has very different purposes so I can say thst their value will be equal. The only thing that I found that they have much alike on the future, which is, both of these things always on raising record, although nowadays bitcoin price is drop significantly, soon or later it will raise back to the exact price where it belongs. Many people believe this moment will come true, if people not believing on it, how can bitcoin suppose to hold for this long?
Sure, the bitcoin need time to persuade nowadays most of the people to believe its value and importance. Roll Eyes  The gold also waste the long time to becoming nowadays importance.
And do you agree this article opinion ?  http://blog.epay.com/c/why_cryptocurrency_is_the_future
summer888 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:38:47 AM

Gold is like bitcoin. They have the same quality and value though they are both different in usage. Bitcoin is a digital currency, it is a medium of exchange in peer to peer system. Bitcoin also serves as the storage of assets and balance while gold is also a asset but it can be seen by our two naked eyes. It is also for accesories and collections. They are both different but they are essential in our life.
But we can't use the gold to buy the things , don't you think bitcoin is more convenient and smarter currency?
summer888 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:42:04 AM

Gold will always be the fall back position. It has many applications-electronics for example and deep routed tradition and belief in it gives people confidence in it, Bitcoin is still far to new and novel for most people to trust.
Thus consider your mind, bitcoin just need the time. But I agree with this article said , major disadvantage of a gold-backed currency is regarding the future. http://blog.epay.com/c/why_cryptocurrency_is_the_future . We all looking forward the future everyone.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:47:18 AM

I think bitcoin and gold have the same degree of sustainability. Currently bitcoin and gold are the most sought after commodities and this provides tangible evidence that bitcoin and gold will have an ever-increasing level of demand. And when more and more demand will increase the price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: