Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:12:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't think the gold value bigger than bitcoin  (Read 264 times)
Englebabylove

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:35:21 PM

Everyone will say scarcity is expensive, the gold is scarcity the same as the bitcoin.
I can't find the reason from the gold valuable.
It can't do anything worth thing...
Not everyone recognizes the value of bitcoin, and the value of gold is recognized by most people around the world, and you can exchange gold for legal tender in much of the world. But only a small number of people recognize the value of bitcoin.
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:42:51 PM

Everyone will say scarcity is expensive, the gold is scarcity the same as the bitcoin.
Gold is internationally recognized as a measure of national value. Gold also has the use of jewelry. Gold is a metal that we can handle, touching them. Nowadays bitcoin is not common, some countries do not know bitcoin, some do not accept bitcoin. Although bitcoin prices are high, bitcoin has not served the needs of human life. So I think the value of bitcoin is not equal to the value of gold.

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:24:51 PM

Since the weight of gold cannot be compared to the weight of bitcoin i don't think we can be able to establish this argument in the right perspective because we can't be able to determine which amount of gold is better than which amount of bitcoin and vice versa. This renders the comparisons useless.
lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:39:16 PM

Bitcoin is the world's most expensive currency. It's position is on top of all currencies. It does not compare to any currency. It's speed is more than the other coins. I think ,it will not wait for more days, after which all the transactions will be completed by bitcoin.People are now paying a lot of importance to bitcoin. It's popularity is increasing day by day. It does not have the capability to sell the coins. There is no other currency in front of it. So, it is still the king of all the coins and in future also.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:43:48 PM

Gold's scarcity is why it is valuable.  Otherwise it is just a shinny rock. Don't over think it, the value of gold is based on nothing but perception.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:50:59 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 03:02:32 PM by markj113

Gold's scarcity is why it is valuable.  Otherwise it is just a shinny rock. Don't over think it, the value of gold is based on nothing but perception.

If this is the case then why is it chosen to be used in industry (429 tonnes annually) ?

The answer - it has unique properties that other metal do not have.

Bitcoin is just code that can be copied and even improved.  Gold is an element and will always remain the same.

I have approx £450k in precious metals and sleep well at night.  If I had that amount of money in crypto I would crapping myself encase I get hacked, a wallet service got hacked, a weakness in the code is discovered, an exchange gets hacked at the time of cash out, the price drops 90% overnight, new regulation is introduced crippling cryptos.

The only reason bitcoin is valuable is the perception by probably 95% of people that it will moon and make them rich.  They dont give a shit about the tech and only view it in dollar equivalents.  When bitcoin price eventually stabilizes most people will lose interest in it when the realization hits that they are not going to become overnight millionaires.
ainunfm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:56:43 PM

their value is just based on demand because something presepction about valuety and precious thing so people want to buy
but i think gold can bigger than bitcoin if many altcoin backed by gold
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:12:15 PM

Gold's scarcity is why it is valuable.  Otherwise it is just a shinny rock. Don't over think it, the value of gold is based on nothing but perception.

If this is the case then why is it chosen to be used in industry?

The answer - it has unique properties that other metal do not.

Bitcoin is just code that can be copied and even improved.  Gold is an element and will always remain the same.

I have approx £450k in precious metals and sleep well at night.  If I had that amount of money in crypto I would crapping myself encase I get hacked, a wallet service got hacked, a weakness in the code is discovered, an exchange gets hacked at the time of cash out, the price drops 90% overnight, new regulation is introduced crippling cryptos.

The only reason bitcoin is valuable is the perception by probably 95% of people that it will moon and make them rich.  They dont give a shit about the tech and only view it in dollar equivalents.  When bitcoin price eventually stabilizes most people will lose interest in it when the realization hits that they are not going to become overnight millionaires.

While gold has some special chemical/electrical properties, the price of gold is not because of these properties. Iron is far more useful than gold, for example. The properties that make gold valuable are scarcity and the inability to profitably counterfeit it.

As far as why other people are into bitcoin... That's their business and they are free to make any decisions they want, even dumb ones.
For me bitcoin is doing just fine. It is the only money I have used on the internet for years. I could care less about getting rich. I pay my taxes and enjoy my life. Oh and I also hold a fair amount of gold. Because gold is awesome, no matter why.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:25:48 PM

This is an example of real money.

I just purchased this Spanish, Phillip II gold 2 Escudos cob, a real gold Doubloon as immortalized in pirate stories created in the Toledo mint.

It dates from the year 1556 - 1598 yet it still cost a few £k.

Do you think Bitcoin will still be around and valuable in around 500 years?

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:27:08 PM

Both are valuable and for nowadays I think it is better to have both if you can afford. Gold is more stable than bitcoin and this gives it more credit
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:33:42 AM

for now the bitcoin value is far above the gold. only, to the stability of gold prices make it still in demand by the community as an investment asset. and also the legality of gold has also been recognized, so no doubt for investment in gold.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:50:45 AM

if gold can't do any worthed stuff then why people from many years and till right now is keep looking for it ?
im sure if you find out a bunch of gold, you will keep it rather than sell it. LOL  Cheesy

how the price of something become valuable is because its demand and supply that exist. as long as total amount is limited, (like bitcoin and gold) im sure they will keep looking for it

bengca84135120

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:08:41 AM

In fact, bitcoin has become a speculative commodity akin to a non-us currency, or as an electronic gold.

Those who have invested in gold futures have been concerned about whether the physical gold he bought and sold is real or not.
gela888gela

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:38:24 AM

The value of gold is not greater than bitcoin is true if you make short-term investments. But for long-term investment is different, because from time to time gold prices always increase and investment risk in gold is not too high.
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:11:48 AM

For now gold is still very much more valuable than bitcoin, the market is still bigger and the investors are more than those in bitcoin, but bitcoin is coming up fast and it won't be long before it surpasses it.
zafaryaqoob

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

Ya you're thinking right The gold value bigger then Bitcoin I also believe on it.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:12:31 AM

I don't think so and I am completely disagree with you because the speed with which the valuation of BTC has been increasing and millions are investing into BTC, suggest that BTC is the new gold and now people wants to invest their money into BTC rather than into gold or any other investment because the profit ratio the BTC can provide is just incredible and this thing of BTC has attracted the attention of millions of investors
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:41:59 AM

Well comparing Gold to BTC is something that i think ts quite unreasonable. The fact that Gold accepted world wide as a measure of value gives it an advantage over BTC.and BTC's freedom gives its an advantage over GOLD, these are two different things operating differently that comparing them makes no sence at all
Hellobx

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:50:30 AM

Yes, gold is also being recognized for the time being.
Bitcoin has also gained recognition, so the value of bitcoins is the same as gold.

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:40:49 AM

I don't think so and I am completely disagree with you because the speed with which the valuation of BTC has been increasing and millions are investing into BTC, suggest that BTC is the new gold and now people wants to invest their money into BTC rather than into gold or any other investment because the profit ratio the BTC can provide is just incredible and this thing of BTC has attracted the attention of millions of investors
Yes this is increasing. The value of bitcoins are just being compared to the gold and this is enough reason for the wise people to just think that bitcoins can be equal to the gold or even more than them. We are in the digital time and things are moving faster. So in case of currency as well, gold is being replaced with the bitcoins. Although it will take much bigger times but still high hopes.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: