Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:05:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] www.MiningPool.co - Multi Coin Pool - Announcement / Update Thread  (Read 18325 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:51:11 AM

so the website has been down for a few hours now, but my miners are still hashing away, i hope it's just the front-end that's messed up? hope nothings happening to my coins, would appreciated an update from someone in charge...

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
sheld0r

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:19:20 PM

hi

any idea why i can't withdraw my PLT since roughly a week?
send a message to BM-2cXhNxMMEKsUDVmiCq16NDT3UhuYMtgYGK but no response yet

thx

edit - yes i'm aware of the 1 march thing with PLT
but i'm trying to withdraw them since days
ethought (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:03:07 PM

MiningPool.co added to mining pools database
Good luck, miners

Thank you.

What happened to TAG coin? And can you respond to the other issues people have posted here over the past 2 months, or have you?

During the first fork after TAG was released the pool lost all 'good' coins to miners being paid out for forked blocks. As the pool did not have any 'good' coins left after the fork a decision was made to close the pool. Most miners were informed about this when it happened.

I will be adding a News / Updates section so in future this sort of information will be more readily available.
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:04:14 PM

so the website has been down for a few hours now, but my miners are still hashing away, i hope it's just the front-end that's messed up? hope nothings happening to my coins, would appreciated an update from someone in charge...

Yes, the front end runs on a different server to the Stratum servers. So generally if the front end is temporarily down mining is not affected.
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:07:10 PM

hi

any idea why i can't withdraw my PLT since roughly a week?
send a message to BM-2cXhNxMMEKsUDVmiCq16NDT3UhuYMtgYGK but no response yet

thx

edit - yes i'm aware of the 1 march thing with PLT
but i'm trying to withdraw them since days

I had no one else report problems withdrawing PLT prior to the PLT pool closing.

Anyway, I have sent you a PM and will get those PLT out to you.
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:09:58 PM

It appears several miners were exploiting a vulnerability in the version of the stratum mining software the pool was using.

Firstly, apologies to all the honest miners who have been earning less than they should have been during these issues.

The good news is the problem not appears to be fully resolved.

For a full statement please read this: https://www.miningpool.co/statement

All pool fees have been reduced to 0.01% until April 10th.
Dreaser

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:02:54 AM

Hi,

The website and pool seem to be down at the moment

Are there any problems?

anyone else having this issue?
WTParker2

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:43:43 PM

The front end seems to be okay...but some coin clients are down as well as some stratum servers. It's been this way for a few days. Don't know why it takes this long to fix it...especially if he is trying to get more miners and he won't fix what's wrong to keep the miners he already has.
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:03:25 PM

Apologies for the downtime on some pools. Server de1.miningpool.co was down.

WTParker2

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Texas Proud

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:27:42 PM

and so is stratum+tcp://ch1.miningpool.co:7001 and stratum+tcp://de1.miningpool.co:11001
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:20:57 PM

can i have payout? i set my wallet and minimum payout ,but about two hours ,i did no get any pay
byt3

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:34:01 AM

same here, can't get the payout
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:51:06 PM

Working on the payout issue now. Should be resolved shortly.

Sorry for the delays.
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:04:36 PM

MiningPool.co has been taken offline!

We have discovered a security breach. At first glance we believe the security issue to be related to the Openssl 'heartbleed' vulnerability disclosed today.

Luckily the issue was caught very quickly. The damage could have been ALOT worse.

An intruder was able to withdraw a relatively small amount of coins from the pool.

Please expect extended downtime as we investigate further and make sure the system is safe to go back online.

Sincere apologies for the delays.
Lizzardis

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:21:05 PM

I just wanted to take the time and tell you that your pool is superb. The reaction time to the OpenSSL Heartbleed was quick, and I trust the repair is of the highest priority.

Your pool is fantastic, and I just wanted to let you know how appreciative I am of all your hard work.
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

I just wanted to take the time and tell you that your pool is superb. The reaction time to the OpenSSL Heartbleed was quick, and I trust the repair is of the highest priority.

Your pool is fantastic, and I just wanted to let you know how appreciative I am of all your hard work.

Thank you.

Luckily the damage appears to be small in terms of coins lost, which is the most important thing.

I expect the system and website to be back online within a couple of hours.

A full update of what happened will be posted once everything is back online and secure.

Anyone who logged in to the website in the last 12 or so hours is very strongly advised to change their passwords on other websites if they use the same password as they used on the MiningPool.co website.

Lizzardis

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:27:54 PM

A full update of what happened will be posted once everything is back online and secure.

Anyone who logged in to the website in the last 12 or so hours is very strongly advised to change their passwords on other websites if they use the same password as they used on the MiningPool.co website.

Well I've just started my miner on the MegaCoin pool, and it's received a connection and now it is mining at full throttle again.. I suspect you've fixed the issue with the pools? The site is still offline of course, I'm just presuming that all that I mine now, will still be taken into account when the site comes back online?
ethought (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:56:20 PM

Well I've just started my miner on the MegaCoin pool, and it's received a connection and now it is mining at full throttle again.. I suspect you've fixed the issue with the pools? The site is still offline of course, I'm just presuming that all that I mine now, will still be taken into account when the site comes back online?

Yes, all stratum servers are back online and shares are now being processed and will be paid as usual.

It seems, at this stage, the coins lost were relatively small in number so the pool will be able to cover all losses. Payments are still on hold until I can re-credit accounts that were affected - writing a script to do that now. Once that is done website will go back on line.

Please note all password and payment addresses needed to be reset as the attacker was able to 'sniff' passwords and changed users payout addresses once he logged into their accounts. As we have no way of knowing what passwords and / or payout addresses have been compromised decided it would be safest to reset both so attacker cannot login to accounts that were compromised and threshold payments don't go to the attackers addresses. I know its a major pain in the ass but better than losing more coins.

Lizzardis

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

Yes, all stratum servers are back online and shares are now being processed and will be paid as usual.

It seems, at this stage, the coins lost were relatively small in number so the pool will be able to cover all losses. Payments are still on hold until I can re-credit accounts that were affected - writing a script to do that now. Once that is done website will go back on line.

Please note all password and payment addresses needed to be reset as the attacker was able to 'sniff' passwords and changed users payout addresses once he logged into their accounts. As we have no way of knowing what passwords and / or payout addresses have been compromised decided it would be safest to reset both so attacker cannot login to accounts that were compromised and threshold payments don't go to the attackers addresses. I know its a major pain in the ass but better than losing more coins.

Ahh! Fantastic news! It seems Miningpool.co is well on it's way to settling back to normal again.

I agree with changing passwords. A vulnerability like that could have cost users hundreds of coins, or even worse if the imaginable had happened and if you hadn't have caught it in time. Once the site goes live again, a change of password will be done, and likewise.. I hope.. A change of payout address.

I presume other users of the site who are unaware of the vulnerability will be notified on the main page that a change of password will be advisable?

It's a major pain in the arse that is worth it when it comes to currency.
heiho1

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:43:52 PM

Has anyone received a payout since the last outage?  I have been mining over a week and no payout.  I updated my payment address since the outage.  I tried contacting the site admin via BitMessage but so far no reply, just a message received ack.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: