Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 04:59:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2195 times)
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.

I still holding it and despite all the risk that I would encounter like that scenario , still holding it and wait for the price to raise or pump up again , I don't do panic selling though , I know some of us doing it cause scared of losing but always be a optimistic and strategize person and wise.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

In the current situation of bitcoin, I believe that it is best to hold and buy at the very low price now. We should not do panic selling because we'll still be able to get a good profit by waiting patiently. Let's hodl what we have despite of all the risk and believe in the positive posibilities of bitcoin.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:36:11 PM

If you were able to buy bitcoin two years ago and sell during it's ATH at $19,000, you would have earned a lot. Since the prices fell down to less than  $10,000, I think it is a good time to buy back and hold again for more profit. I really view bitcoin as a good long term investment.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:48:18 PM

Who wants to buy at a high price but sell it when the price is low? Of course the best choice is to hold first for a while and wait for the price to go up. After the price goes back then sell it if it wants to sell. If anyone does that I think they're just wasting money.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Wittycoin

Activity: 696
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:50:12 PM

If you are a day trader then you can do the buy high and sell low system but if you are a long term trader then you must hold your crypto patiently.
safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:08:43 PM

Keep your bitcoin hold and do not sell at low prices, be patient and do not panic for current prices. Bitcoin can still rise again, hold it and do not sell.
kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:18:20 PM

We need to think many times whats  the best in earning bigger value of money. We need to hold first intead of buying  for a higher value .We need to be patience when it comes to holding the bitcoin . Sell for a lower price then buy when it turns to a higher value.
Finestream

Activity: 3094
Merit: 610

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:58:44 PM

Who wants to buy at a high price but sell it when the price is low? Of course the best choice is to hold first for a while and wait for the price to go up. After the price goes back then sell it if it wants to sell. If anyone does that I think they're just wasting money.
Exactly.If that's the case,then investing in bitcoin is not really meant for you.If you really want to make a huge profit,do not sell your bitcoin whenever a price correction appear,just wait for some time and learn to keep and hold it for a longer time.The price may sometime seem so desperately down,but remember bitcoin is very volatile.It will soon to rise up after a couple of days.

vionas

Activity: 261
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:50:54 PM

Hold down the bitcoin and do not sell at low prices. Wait a few months, bitcoin will soon improve. Do not panic because bitcoin is not over yet.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1666
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:56:50 PM

My long-term preference will be hodl. In the short term, this option will be a profitable and correct decision when it is considered long term, although it is too profitable. I do not mean to make money by buying and selling, but it does not satisfy the people as rich as long - term hodl, nor satisfy in short term. Finally, I want to leave a word that I like to relate to this subject;
''Buy and sell just making money, hodl will make you rich. ''
PleaseSignTheMessage

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:58:00 PM

Hold by now, if I had bought cheap definitely I would have sold before the correction (around $ 17000) as my goals would have been reached for a high margin. However now I'm buying and holding. BTC always drops at the beginning of the year and explodes at the end, hope the trend continues
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:04:38 PM

Buying low selling high sounds good in theorie. But in real life its very hard. So if you are new to cryptos and want to start trading, its nearly impossible. When i start with trading, i buyed some coins very low. They rised and i was very happy. But when it starts to dump, i got real hard fud attack and sold it without thinking. After i sold it raise the price permanently and i sold it with lose. So holding is always better for people who are new in to the cryptoscene.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:08:27 PM

Hold by now, if I had bought cheap definitely I would have sold before the correction (around $ 17000) as my goals would have been reached for a high margin. However now I'm buying and holding. BTC always drops at the beginning of the year and explodes at the end, hope the trend continues

I am likewise hoping.  I did not sell my bitcoin when its price is really high.  I am thinking that it would still goes up but to my surprise, it falls down really hard.  I am still holding my bitcoins and wait for its price to goes up.  Just hold and be happy at the end.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344

win lambo...

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:25:05 PM

I am likewise hoping.  I did not sell my bitcoin when its price is really high.  I am thinking that it would still goes up but to my surprise, it falls down really hard.  I am still holding my bitcoins and wait for its price to goes up.  Just hold and be happy at the end.
Yes.Stay positive all the time inspite of some dips or price corrections that may appear every now and then.Bitcoin is such a volatile coin so we cannot expect it to be always at its best.I believe the safest and easiest way to make profit is to keep on holding to my bitcoins.So that's what i've been doing right now,i will just sell it when i see the price 5× or 10× from the original price i bought it.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:36:04 PM

Yes.Stay positive all the time inspite of some dips or price corrections that may appear every now and then.Bitcoin is such a volatile coin so we cannot expect it to be always at its best.I believe the safest and easiest way to make profit is to keep on holding to my bitcoins.So that's what i've been doing right now,i will just sell it when i see the price 5× or 10× from the original price i bought it.
If you want to increase your bitcoin without buying bitcoin and even the price of bitcoin is low, you still want to increase it then do some trading in altcoins so you will not be bored for the market and that is also a good way to increase your holdings because holding bitcoin alone will not give you any benefit in the long run while trading will give you chance to grow your bitcoin and increase its value in usd which is a win-win situation.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:38:28 PM

I don't think anyone would do such a thing, because the purpose of investing is to gain profit is not a loss.
When we buy at high prices and sell cheaply, it will automatically get a loss.
I think we should keep it and be patient waiting for bitcoin prices to rise again, than we sell cheaply and will lose a lot of money for doing that stupid thing.

It does not make any sense at all..

Aso at bata

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:05:05 PM

Buy high and sell low is none sense, it's better to hold it, but if you think that is better to loose than nothing so go on follow your instinct. The only thing that I can say is think many times be calm.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:26:45 PM

I did make my profit when the price of bitcoin raised over $19k ,i sold everything when the price crossed over $15k thinking that we will see a correction but it went near to $19 k,but no issues,i made my profit with the investment i made and now i have purchased during the correction,means i re entered bitcoin once again and i will be waiting for a long time for another rally. Wink
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:46:25 PM

Buy high and sell low is none sense, it's better to hold it, but if you think that is better to loose than nothing so go on follow your instinct. The only thing that I can say is think many times be calm.
The market fluctuates continuously so it is normal for the investor to buy the crypto at a high price and keep it for a long time in the crypto market. So keep an eye on the market carefully before investing and plan a DCA if you do not want to keep the crypto for long periods of time.

Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:05:47 PM

Just be patient and continue hplding. Crash no matter how big it is, is just normal since volatility in bitcoin is a natural phenomenon. Surely, no dump is permnent and  pumps will eventually take place. Those who invested during the 19000 UsD of its market price is now losing money but do not sell just because of that. Trust bitcoin and hold. Invest now since its value is still low so that profit will be earned when its value starts to rise

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: