Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:26:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2192 times)
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:02:48 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.
All we need to do is to analyze which one could give me more advantage. In this case that the wrong though and moves for me all I can say is it is much wiser if you could buy into a lower price then sell to a higher value. Thats the good decision and make holding.
in fact, I think that saving Bitcoin, it's practically losing some income from what you can earn when trading on the exchange and earnings on the difference in the price of Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:54:40 AM

buying at a high price and selling at a low price is a bad decision because it will only make you lose, better if the price goes down you better hold it and be patient because the price will definitely rise again
but sometimes doing cutlose is also the right thing if the price continues to decline or in the downward trend, after the cutlose you can wait until the price stops and then you can buy bitcoin again at a cheaper price. but do this with a careful calculation. because it is very possible after you do cutlose precisely the price recover lol. it sometimes happens to me because of wrong calculation and bad analysis
In my opinion, if a person is not a day trader and even just a trader, he should not try this method out. What’s more important is that he knows bitcoin will rise up soon but still goes for cutlose. That is not very intelligent of any holder.

Bitcoin has the power to recover and it is the best at this so showing some patience and trust is all that a man should do during the downfall, no matter how long it stays. Selling out during dips is sad.
pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:46:19 PM

I think that's not a good idea buy high sell low better hod it and wait for the time that it's price will go up do that you can earn a profit even if it's a long time it's worth waiting.

The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:07:58 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

Why not hold a little bit more? I'm sure in just a year bitcoin would be able to increase even further if not reach the same value again. If you will look closely on its market charts you will see that bitcoins potential value for growth gradually decreases but its volatility somehow promises a change in value that may give you advantage later on.

nemesis_

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:26:53 PM

Well, if you are into giving something to others then you buy high and sell low. Its like donating money to others. You are just throwing you're money. It will always be better to choose what will give you benefits. You invest to earn more profit so you should hold it while its price is low and wait for it to shoot up.

alexmuro

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:38:26 AM

Don't sell you coin in low price, you didn't get profit and you also lose your money if you do that. Just hold because bitcoin will increase again. All we need to do is to wait, its better to wait than to lose money.

For me, if you have bought bitcoin and the price is higher compared today, you must wait and hold. Its a big loss to your investment if you sell or trade. But if your planning to buy, then now is the high time to buy and invest in order to gain more profits in the future.
dyablo

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:15:17 AM

Don't sell you coin in low price, you didn't get profit and you also lose your money if you do that. Just hold because bitcoin will increase again. All we need to do is to wait, its better to wait than to lose money.

Yeah, investing and trading is more about earning good profit. Buy high, and sell low?? That's so funny. You are gaining great loss if that is the strategy to use. It is better to buy at low price and sell when the price is high and when you think that you can earn a good profit. Don't go with your emotion,hodl and be patient.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:29:35 AM

Hold it, do not panic because of negative news about bitcoin. I think you are familiar with unstable and erratic bitcoin prices, but for the future bitcoin will rise again.
I think the user should understand deeply about bitcoin price history that sometimes bitcoin prices drop very deeply but then the price recover. the point is don't need to be panic about the current situation. falling prices is a natural thing in bitcoin dude, no need to sell bitcoins when prices are low because you are panic, it will only give you a loss. rest assured that bitcoin prices will go back up because it's a sure thing
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:53:36 AM

I think buy low sell high. The best thing is buying low and have big profit when price gets high.
sp01_cardo

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:30:07 AM

For me i bought bitcoin 2 years ago, i will sell half of it if the price reaches $19,000. The amount that ive invested in the first place returned and i also gained income. And the remaining half will be my investment within 2-3years again.

▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram    Twitter    Medium    Reddit    Youtube
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
lodi123

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:43:10 AM

When you buy high hit sell it low just hold your bitcoin just wait for the right  and perfect  timing of selling
Awraawra

Activity: 338
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

after how many months that i join bitcoin,whether it is high or low i would suggest that i will hold my bitcoin until the good price of it will be stable and then i will sell it in the right time.
Neerajkumar

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:18:03 AM

It's good to good bitcoin now and to sell it in future when the price increases.When you buy high you should at least wait for some time instead of selling it at low price and at the right time you should sell it when it catches the market or the price increases.
Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:59:04 AM

I believe it is most efficient to buy on low price and sell in high prices. Because selling it in a lower price than the price you bought is definitely non-sensical when it comes to investment. I also recommend you to do the buy low sell high because this is the easiest way to earn bitcoin and to have profit. What I do when bitcoin hit my target value is I sell a part of it, frequently half of it, so I still have funds when it rise.
In my opinion, buying at the high rates and then later on selling at lower rates in not a good idea in any way. This will only result in loss of your money which is not the thing which you are expecting from bitcoin. You only invest your money to have some profit and that you can only get if you go for buying at lower rates and later on selling them again at higher rates. You need to think for a while before making any final call.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:22:36 AM

First of all you title is catchy but its against what is considered normal. No need to change it tough. Buying high and selling low is obvious loss - why would anyone do that? Only if they are 100% sure that the asset is worthless now and thus they are cashing it out ASAP even at a big loss margin.

Many people did sell at ATH and thus there were small crashes around that time. However this crash it huge and those who did not sell then are hodling their btc like me.

It is later to sell now - better to hodl and see how everything unfolds.
It is obvious that we can lead to losses if we buy high and sell low. There are many people who are using FOMO and it leads to them to lose their money. I am not buying a coin if I see the price is now high.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

Hold it, do not panic because of negative news about bitcoin. I think you are familiar with unstable and erratic bitcoin prices, but for the future bitcoin will rise again.
My advice too is to hold your Bitcoin and not sell it cause the price will go up anytime. I saw a thread in this forum and the prediction there says something about May. So I’m believing that before May the price will go up. So do not sell at a low price that is below what you bought for, hold till it reaches high and you might have gotten enough profit. That’s my own advice.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:40:00 AM

Hold if you can and if you don't really need the money ,
Just wait for the price to go up again I think every crypto is bound to go up after a dump specially bitcoin.
But there are some coin that wouldn't recover at all.

portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:53:06 AM

As of this moment, holding is the best thing to do. But it depends on you strategy if you cannot hold, then you can try trading your coin with other altcoins that you think has the potential to grow double or even tripple. But never buy high then sell it in a low price..just be smart so you can have a great earning.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:22:34 PM

As of this moment, holding is the best thing to do. But it depends on you strategy if you cannot hold, then you can try trading your coin with other altcoins that you think has the potential to grow double or even tripple. But never buy high then sell it in a low price..just be smart so you can have a great earning.
Of course that there is no way in buying high and selling low is a good choice. It will never become a good choice because if you are stuck at the moment then just hold and do not sell it for a low price because the market will bounce back again and the price will touch to the top again and maybe the market will have an another new all time high which will be so profitable to you.
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:54:29 PM

It will not be profitable to sell at a low price and buy on high, it is better to keep it at that time until the prices rise
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: