Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:47:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2192 times)
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:36:30 AM

I think you should change your topic because the body of your question speak differently from your topic or title. But if I must contribute going by you question. No one no exactly when to either sell bitcoin or buy because bitcoin is very volatile and at that it is impossible for any one to rightly predict what will happen in the price of bitcoin in the next minutes, hours or day, so best best thing to do is to hold if you don't have any need to sell.
If you want to have a good position in trading then it is best for you to just buy at the lows or if you can, buy at the dips because that is an easy way for you to have a good future with your purchased bitcoins and that is the same thing that you will apply to the altcoins in the market so you will not have a high risk and high possibility to lose your trade.
The best thing to do and the thing which will help you earn some very good amount of money is to buy the coin at time when the market value is falling down that is at low rates and keep on holding all those coins which you just bought till the time you see the market value going up. Once the market value is high enough that selling at that point will make you earn some good money, only then sell your coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:45:46 PM

I think you should change your topic because the body of your question speak differently from your topic or title. But if I must contribute going by you question. No one no exactly when to either sell bitcoin or buy because bitcoin is very volatile and at that it is impossible for any one to rightly predict what will happen in the price of bitcoin in the next minutes, hours or day, so best best thing to do is to hold if you don't have any need to sell.
If you want to have a good position in trading then it is best for you to just buy at the lows or if you can, buy at the dips because that is an easy way for you to have a good future with your purchased bitcoins and that is the same thing that you will apply to the altcoins in the market so you will not have a high risk and high possibility to lose your trade.
The best thing to do and the thing which will help you earn some very good amount of money is to buy the coin at time when the market value is falling down that is at low rates and keep on holding all those coins which you just bought till the time you see the market value going up. Once the market value is high enough that selling at that point will make you earn some good money, only then sell your coins.
We can really take this as one of the best strategy because it is very effective to use this strategy to just buy the coins that have a good potential but is falling down because of the panic sellers and the panic in the whole market and just have some patience in waiting for the market to recover and sell at the resistance level, strong resistance level. You can have an example and that is when you apply this on bitcoin.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:55:34 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.

I think it will be unfair to my part that I will buy so much then I will sell it in low price for what? Easy money, better not to buy and invest it to stockmarket than to lose so much profit that Ive been work on so much. Selling for a low price doesnt matter but it affects people who hold the same token for example and it will take time for it to increase also.
rudito

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:02:40 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

Do not panic for the current bitcoin price, be patient and hold your bitcoin, do not worry too much, because bitcoin will soon rise again. You will lose your profit if you sell bitcoin at this time.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:06:10 PM

My suggestion for you is to hold your present coin if ever you already have a couple of coins hodled but since the correction bitcoins price now has slowly increased so I can't say you should buy low and sell high. Obviously the altcoins now are decreasing but it is not an assurance when they will increase back again because bitcoin might skyrockets to a thousand dollars more in the next few weeks.

PatyZante

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:08:34 PM

Buying high and selling low is suicide in my book. I mean why do that? The only possible reason I see is keeping your losses to a minimum, keyword here being "losses". In choosing between the two, I'd rather hold. Educating yourself with the trends will help out but it doesn't end there, similar to what was mentioned earlier, instinct or gut feeling would sometimes play pivotal roles.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:10:25 PM

I suggest to continue to buy and never sell in the near future, bitcoin prices will skyrocket as china's new year is over and the biggest bitcoin user china soon buys bitcoin.
It was really good to hold than to buy at a high value and sell it in a low price because it was like you are wastinv your money. When you hold it was a high percentage to earn and get more profit. I think holding until the near future was not a good idea, maybe you set a price and when it reach the  sell your bitcoin to make sure of your profit.
Henry Sy

Activity: 193
Merit: 83

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:10:49 PM

For me, even we are seeing the current scenario wherein the price of Bitcoin is suffering into a continuous dump, I will still tend to just keep on holding into my initial Bitcoin holding because I believe that if Bitcoin has already done to rise up its price, I am pretty sure that it can do the same thing once again for the sake of earning the greatest benefits when the Bitcoin price bumps up the top again which will be beneficial for us who keep on holding and still believing into the capability of Bitcoin to grow up again.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:26:46 PM

As you said if I bought bitcoin 2 years ago and I saw that if I was late to sell it when the price goes to $ 19,000, then I don't need to be confused about the current price because I've already earned 10 times profit since the purchase of bitcoin 2 years ago.  Roll Eyes

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
uttoransen

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

GuestCrew

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:44:55 PM

Generally saying, I sell some and hold some. If I had bought bitcoins 2 years ago at prices below $1k - then I can still sell at $10k+ that is if I had lost the opportunity to sell at $20k levels,

However, like i said, I sell some when the prices are really high - that way I have enough funds on my hands to buy if the prices goes low or hold if the prices goes up.

Now, if the prices are really falling, it isn't ever about the amount - it is always about how many units of the currency you are holding, because we all know that the price will ultimately go up and when it does, only the number of coins that you hold now will matter.

To understand this further, say you have 100 coins that are of value $100. If the price goes down to say $90, you can sell some and recover your funds - then when the price goes further down you can buy $90 worth of the same coin which might get you 105 coin!

So, it all depends on your approach!

GuestCrew - An Influencer Marketing Platform | Join the GUEST Coin ICO - https://guestcrew.com/buy-coins
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:01:01 AM

Because panic can happen we can not predict when bitcoin rises and falls. We buy at that price with the possibility of the price going up. But actually the price is even more down. Maybe that's what causes the buy with a high price and sell cheaply. But I think it's better to restrain him
leonora galvan

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:37:10 AM

after waiting for how many months,i should choose to hold my bitcoin,until the time that the price of bitcoin will be higher and higher then that's the time i will sell mine.
korean1999

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:40:55 AM

I would choose to buy high and sell low. Most people with less capital will usually choose the above scheme. A hold is a form of business that has a lot of risk. My friends usually hold the altcoins but after a few months they are still not profitable from the way they work.
Their money could go up to $ 5,000 but that would be lost in just five minutes. It is very risky to keep the altcoins.

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:20:24 AM

As for me, to have held bitcoin to the point of reaching 19000$ will be a sell off! What else would I be waiting for? With the present correction that has happened, there is going to be a rebuilding of price again. So, you could come in now; buy. Then sell when you feel you have made some profit or HODL till when it reaches the 19000$ again!

Well it depends on hiw you actually see bitcoin the first time you've known it. Selling at 19k from less than 1k capital is a whole lot of profit but if you see bitcoin as a long time investment, you won't mind seeing a drop from 20k to 6k.
Buy high and sell low should happen when you’re sure that a business is going to end soon, so you try to sell everything off to avoid loss. But as for Bitcoin, I’m very sure it’s not ending anytime soon, so there is no reason for you to buy high and sell low.

It will be much better to wait, no matter how long it takes, even if it’s a year, it will still rise. So my advise is for you to buy and hold till the price rises so you will sell with profit.
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:38:48 AM

As for me, to have held bitcoin to the point of reaching 19000$ will be a sell off! What else would I be waiting for? With the present correction that has happened, there is going to be a rebuilding of price again. So, you could come in now; buy. Then sell when you feel you have made some profit or HODL till when it reaches the 19000$ again!

Well it depends on hiw you actually see bitcoin the first time you've known it. Selling at 19k from less than 1k capital is a whole lot of profit but if you see bitcoin as a long time investment, you won't mind seeing a drop from 20k to 6k.
Buy high and sell low should happen when you’re sure that a business is going to end soon, so you try to sell everything off to avoid loss. But as for Bitcoin, I’m very sure it’s not ending anytime soon, so there is no reason for you to buy high and sell low.

It will be much better to wait, no matter how long it takes, even if it’s a year, it will still rise. So my advise is for you to buy and hold till the price rises so you will sell with profit.
Nobody in the crypto world wants to see the loss all are investing to get the profit if that is the case why they will sell when the price is low especially when the coins are brought during high. So it is better to wait for a period of time when the price increases then sell for the profit this formula will be followed everywhere.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
pogiparin

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:28:44 PM

You should sell it since the risk is a big factor with cryptocurrencies. If there is a 2x or 3x appreciation in your value, I think you should be that greedy and take the money just to be safe.

|█     |     DPH     |     D I G I P H A R M     |     █|
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
╚════════   WWW.DIGIPHARM.CH   ════════╝
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 12:50:41 PM

better to hold for a long time than to buy at high prices and sell at low prices, we certainly don't want to lose right? so just hold it off rather than get a lot of losses.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:12:25 PM

No it is not too late. Holding is just more advisable at this momenst because as we can see, its msrket value is now low due to the crash last time. Hold and invest now because this is a huge opportunity to earn huge profit. Its market price is now recovering and it is something to look forward with.

Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:54:08 PM

It depends on a few factors. If you bought Bitcoins for $500 and the price went up to $19,000 you could cash some in for a good profit but I think it depends on how much you own. If you just had 1 Bitcoin, you would have an $18,500 profit. That’s a good gain but it’s not life changing money. I would only sell if I have a huge amount of Bitcoins and I would just sell a little. I would hold the rest for bigger profit later.
Our profits are not only dependent on the price of bitcoin but on how much we invest, that is why those that only care about bitcoin are mistaken you need to also care about getting a lot of fiat and then put that money in bitcoin and altcoins, that way your profits will grow considerably.
copypaper5

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:02:44 AM

First of all you title is catchy but its against what is considered normal. No need to change it tough. Buying high and selling low is obvious loss - why would anyone do that? Only if they are 100% sure that the asset is worthless now and thus they are cashing it out ASAP even at a big loss margin.

Many people did sell at ATH and thus there were small crashes around that time. However this crash it huge and those who did not sell then are hodling their btc like me.

It is later to sell now - better to hodl and see how everything unfolds.
I strongly agree with your opinion, because everyone wants to invest profitable, not to be outdone. If you buy at a high price and sell cheaply as if this coin is worthless in the future.
I believe it is best to wait for the price to recover and skyrocket again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: