Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2192 times)
Regana

Activity: 18
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:58:25 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.

The answer you will get depends on the type of person who answers. Average holders me included, I believe would have sold before getting into 19k, I would say I found a completely acceptable pricing point at around 15 - 16k. Then you have experienced traders, who can read signals, these guys most likely held until around 19k and sold before the correction (this was completely foreseeable, even for non experienced people).

And then you have the greedy gambler type who most likely held thinking it would reach 30k by mid January.

Definitely is a SELL for me at that point, with an insane ROI as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lorna t

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:05:03 PM

Now it is better to buy now here in bitcoin and this is the opportunity for you buyer because this month of January to February its really beat the price of cyrptovurrency and dropped the sell and bitcoin crypto .so about sellers of bitcoin for me hold our bitcoin of falling the prices so far we are really losing our work harder still to work hard to preserver in the long run of transaction in a campaign to a buy and sell are coming at the moment the price is low and the crypto value is very low .so do not let us first wait for the high ezchanger and maybe over a couple of months well get up soon and then well paint and bitcoin so now we need let's wait and patience for us and it will soon.and the people who hold the bitcoin aren't making anything yet until the come up a lot and keep it up in a long teem until be able to know when sell.
Pjoh ie

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:27:34 PM

this is a big profit especially if You sell it at the end of the year 2017,when the price of bitcoin rose dramatically,moreover You buy her in two years back.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:48:26 PM

In other words, instinct is also part of the techniques to trade and being successful

This is my biggest problem. My instinct usually not working when trading.
I still can't control my emotion when see the price down.

loraalbert

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:11:25 PM

I chose hold and wait until the coin price went up, because I did not want to get a loss
but if the coin price down and I feel the price will not goes up again, I will sell low to reduce losses
Yes, That is your business strategy. Retain, sell, or reinvest are all commercial models to optimize returns. These are all forms of cryptocurrency. The nature of the cryptocurrency market is unstable, perceiving a moment as possibly wrong. You should consider strategies and plans before investing. It will bring positive effects.
gledek

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:16:06 PM

The objective of every investment is profit making, I don't see sense on buy high and sell  low, its far better to hold on,  not to sell your bitcoin than buy high and sell low. Because it makes no economic sense.
I agree with your opinion, everybody investing purpose that want profit, do not want to lose, if buy with high price and sell with low price, that is indeed you want to loss.
11adamsBTC

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

You might have joined btc if you had surplus so just let it remain, what's the problem? If anytime it rises then cash it out or keep it there only
LovellaSai

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:33:56 AM

That's the very negative point of so called global gambling. Hit it out before btcs knocks you down
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:01:50 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

Buy high and sellinf low is a kind of buy and selling but in that thing you need to have a lot of capital and to take the risk of losing money because i  this thing not all coins that you will buy will pump immediately if you buy and you need to monitor the price in the market daily. But if you do not want that kind of responsibility just stay calm and just simply buy coin and hold it. Bitcoins is the one that have that kind of potential.
Finnsimon

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:18:46 AM

For me being a newbie and as a start incase I got bitcoin, Its better to hold it and wait until it grows, and when I already earned big, then I will do buy and sell maybe🤔.
MondayTraddd

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:14:56 PM

You may start buying things online in exchange of btcs and sell them at profit in real world
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:40:09 PM

Indeed, the concerns you raised are not quite clear! Are asking what to do should price rise up to $19,000 again or what should have been done the very first time, that price was breached?

To me, if someone had bought Bitcoin about 2 years ago and didn't bother selling even when the $19,000 was broken, then nothing other than Hodl would suffice. If such a trader is now contemplating selling his coins at the prevailing rates, then he just missed the point. On the other hand, selling your coins after 2 years would not have been a bad idea, especially if it was bought again at some lower rates.
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:08:07 AM

If it was me I would definitely hold it because in that case I know any time it would flush high
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:27:49 AM

If I were in your position, I will just hold it. Of course I feel regret because $19000 is enough for profit. But look at now, Bitcoin price is dropping and unstable. I will hold it until it reach my target price. Aside from that, if you dont really need the money then don't sell it. All the fruit of your patient will benefit you in the future.
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:38:54 AM

If you bought BTC high, now my guess is that perhaps you should forget your money and hold until it goes up again, because selling low with a loss is too dangerous, since the price could have already found its bottom (not likely, but whi knows) and then once it rise back you would simply have lost your money.
If you bought BTC low and you didn't sell high, you may consider selling now, renouncing to a part of your gain, in the hope of re-buying lower.
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:50:48 AM

If you bought BTC high, now my guess is that perhaps you should forget your money and hold until it goes up again, because selling low with a loss is too dangerous, since the price could have already found its bottom (not likely, but whi knows) and then once it rise back you would simply have lost your money.
If you bought BTC low and you didn't sell high, you may consider selling now, renouncing to a part of your gain, in the hope of re-buying lower.

Well, all of as her this moment is keeping there coin hold because this is the best way to earned in future days if the bitcoin and altcoin will rise up. As correction of price today is continuesly recovering.
mel0924

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:20:09 AM

I preferred to hold my coins and wait for the right time to sell them. I will not sold my coins in a low price which I bought at high price. This can make lose our money. There is a time for a coins to pump and we need to be updated on it, about what is the development and what projects made by the developers.

▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
        ▄██████████████████▄
      ▄████████▀  ██████████▄
    ▄████████▀    ▄███████████
   ████████▀    ▄██████████████
 ▄███████▀    ▄████▀  ██████████
▄██████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████████
████████  ▄████▀    ▄█████████████
█████████████▀    ▄████▀  ████████
 ██████████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████▀
  ██████████  ▄████▀    ▄███████▀
   ██████████████▀    ▄████████
    ███████████▀    ▄████████▀
     ▀██████████  ▄████████▀
      ▀██████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀████████▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀
EQUAL

██
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██
SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY

█
  ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
  ██
   █

▄█████▄
 █         █████████   ▄
 ██▄      ████████████▀
 ████▄▄  ▄█████████████▀
 ▄▀███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████
   ██████████████████
 ▀▄ █████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████▀
    ▄███████████▀
▄▄███████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████▀▀▄███▄▀▀██████
█████  ▀     ▀  █████
████             ████
████   ██   ██   ████
████   ▄     ▄   ████
█████▄  ▀███▀  ▄█████
█████████████████████
█████████████▀███████
 ████████████▄ ▀█████
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███
                   ▀█

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:29:37 AM

I preferred to hold my coins and wait for the right time to sell them. I will not sold my coins in a low price which I bought at high price. This can make lose our money. There is a time for a coins to pump and we need to be updated on it, about what is the development and what projects made by the developers.

same here, i do also hold my coins until i found  the perfect price to sell but i dont buy coins at high price rather im just earning it on some online jobs that pays in bitcoin. however if theres an emeergency lets say my money is short to pay our house bills ( e.g electric , water ) i then decided to withdraw some of my coins in order to cover up some of the missing amount. i dont regret at all whenever i sell it a low or medium range price because i havent loose at all due to the fact that i dont bought any coins as an investment.
Angna27

Activity: 406

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:34:46 AM

You need watch the trend of crypto currency, hold tight, dont sell in cheaper or low price then you buy and high, you definitely loss your investment. If you can hold until 4th quarter of this year,, this quarter is increasing the value of many crypto currency.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:59:23 AM

I prefer to hold than to sell or buy. Why? because the fee is slowly or secretly loose your profit if the dump up is not enough to sustain the fee. However it's up to you, but think twice and wise before you proceed on it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: