Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2195 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:03:08 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.
I don’t know, it’s all left for you… if you believe you’re okay with the current price rate, you can sell out and wait for another good opportunity to buy in again. I don’t rely on HODL, there are other things to keep you going, lots of business such as trading, signature campaigns, freelancing, and many of them out there. You shouldn’t mind the price, there will always be volatility.
thats why we need to HODL because the price is volatile,since your not in hodling meaning you dont have portfolio?well its our prerogative on what to do to make profit,but for me i have my folio and im into signature  campaign,im into trading and im into investing in ico.this only means im having more profitable things here in cryptocurrency
urang

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

If you didnt sell when the value is in peak price then its better to hold your bitcoin and dont sell if you dont want to lose more. Too late to try getting back your capital and Its not advisable to sell your coins at low price unless its not really worthy to hold on to it for some reason.

It seems like you're regretting to let the chance passed coz you didnt expect/see this coming in the value of bitcoin. Well I also have btc in my wallet and im dealing with this situation by not monitoring frequently.
it is very hard now to think what will be the right decision.but in my own i would rather be choose to hold my bitcoin if the price is low.i have a patience in my life so i can wait for the big one and then suddenly i will sell my coins.
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:05:45 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

After the years I participated in bitcoin I gained a lot of profits and gained experience in Bitcoin investment, now most of the price of the coins are falling, but I still choose how to keep Bitcoin for I have to make a profit because I believe Bitcoin will grow tomorrow.

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:46:59 PM

I don’t know, it’s all left for you… if you believe you’re okay with the current price rate, you can sell out and wait for another good opportunity to buy in again. I don’t rely on HODL, there are other things to keep you going, lots of business such as trading, signature campaigns, freelancing, and many of them out there. You shouldn’t mind the price, there will always be volatility.

Yeah are partially right and wrong I guess. HODL is not bad business to do as it is most safe and long lasting. I mean though the prices will be going down at some instances then the prices will be coming up at other times. So why not follow the trend and make fortune with HODL. Obviously other stuff like campaign, freelancing will always be there but part of the earnings must go on the holding option so that we can keep the balance of both techniques. I think it's worth watching the market price because it is what on everything depend.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:31:18 PM

If you have impending massive loss if you sell then it may not be worth it to do so. If you can still hold then do so but if you need money in the coming days then it's wiser to sell a portion or so.
Bitcoins are like gold or even more right now. Don’t use them in any unnecessary chore where you can arrange some money from any other source. Try your utmost to fulfill your need through arranging something from anywhere else but don’t sell bitcoins or altcoins at low prices. They are so hard to buy so once you have them, consider them best asset that you have to keep them safe.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
kaos billabong

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:34:10 PM

If I buy bitcoin at a high price and the bitcoin price drops then I will hold it until the price is high again, I will not sell bitcoin cheaply because I will lose and I do not like loss,
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:19:23 AM

If I have enough profit then I will sell it but if its not enough i  would rather hold it than selling in a low price. Holding it for a long time is very much better than panic selling.
The best thing to do to have higher profit is to get into the market at time when the market is really in bad condition like the market value of the coins is too low. After that, we need to remain patient for sufficient period in a way we must hold all our coins until and unless market starts getting better. After that, we need to wait till the time we don’t have our satisfied amount of profit.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:28:42 AM

You should always buy when price is low and sell when price is high, but your topic is opposite to what everyone does. As you stated there should be patience in crypto market to gain more profit. Need to wait and follow the rules as I said in my first line.
Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:39:04 AM

I believe, it is too late for you to sell your bitcoin because the price really decrease from 19,000USD. If I were you, I will still hold my bitcoin and wait for the right time to sell it. If you sell now, you will still lose but if you hold and wait, you might have the chance to gain.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Markupoltit

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:17:08 AM

For me, continue to hold because it to late to sell after holding since the 19000$. There is a chance to a high price, so i can keep a big money. Well i have a money to buy a what i want and to help people those needs help like financial problem in that time i earn.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:18:41 AM

Luck will come to those who like adventure. If you keep it as you take risks, maybe it will increase as you are a bright star! But the market is always fluctuating. Are you sure the win will belong to you?
Why not! It is always win-win situation with bitcoin for those who are risk takers because they are the ones who buy bitcoin from panic sellers at low rates when bitcoin is badly devaluing and there are rumors about the disappearance of bitcoin from the system. If you are patient with bitcoin and are much familiar with the volatile nature of bitcoin, there is nothing wrong in staying confident about making profits here.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:34:44 AM

Just choose to buy in a low price of the coin because you can hold it until this coin you buy will be going high the price. If you buy a coins in a high price i think it's not a good way you cannot earn just like that of your doing.
nakamura12

Activity: 2310
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:36:38 AM

It's really bad how bitcoin's market price has dropped since it reached an all time high of 20,000$. It seems your faith in hodling is put in questioned whether you will gave in and sell at a losing price or continue to hodl no matter how worst the scenario will be.
Now, if you will just sell, why would you sell at a losing price? Why not hodl more and wait until everything is gonna be alright?
To tell you honestly you're right while it's 19K till price dropped you shouldn't hold your bitcoin. You should sell it right away some of it for example 25% of the bitcoin you had will be for holding and 75% for selling. One more thing don't ever buy high price bitcoin because bitcoin's price won't stay at the top for too long because we all know that bitcoin's prrice is unstable. In my opinion you should buy low sell high.

Nakamura12 Sig Space and Avatar 4 Rent
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:34:12 AM

Analysis the market situation at that particular moment and then discussing your thinking with some of your friend or the ones who are there in this world since some time can help you in getting the better answer and that can help you from losing your money too. If things are in your favor, then sell your coins. Otherwise, keep on holding all of your coins for as long period of time as you can and do not sell them if market is low.
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:54:05 AM

Our goal here in bitcoin is to make money and gain more profit so why we choose to buy high and sell low?I'm really sure that some of us here don't want to lose so holding is the best thing we can do with our bitcoin.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
pinggoki

Activity: 1512
Merit: 417

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:06:20 AM

Well, why don't you do both trading and hold. In my case, if I have enough savings I would rather to do both rather than to do nothing because there's nothing you can gain if you will sit there and wait for pump before to make transaction. It is better to buy alts that you think has a capability to rise so that while waiting for your holdings, you will still earn. Along with any kind of transaction it is also good to have a holdings for your future.
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:22:45 AM

It is better to hold your bitcoin and wait for the price to go higher to double your money and why buy when the price is high and sell it in low price are you crazy enough to do that the best way is buy Bitcoin in low price then sell it in high price then you gain a lot.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:27:48 AM

We are into cryptocurrency investment because we want to make money, so it is always good to hold when the price is decreased because we bought them at a high price. If you sell them low you will be in loss, always thinks positive and of course, it will take time to recover and there is no choice for us after investing. The only option we have is to Hold as long as possible until we make the good profit.

joanshu

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:29:29 AM

Nobody is foolish enough to buy high and sell at low rate yes there were some correction in the btc value but i don't think that the investors will be that foolish enough to buy at higher rate and sell them off at lower level.But it does not mean that it will never happen .There are some people who bought btc when the price hit 20K as they thought that the market will will go beyond that but the ban on the ico's in china and ban of btc in south Korea hit the market as there were high number of user of btc from China and S.Korea and lot of investors started doing panic selling when the price hit 20k and it has also affected the btc market.The new investors also did panic selling when they found the price hitting low as they thought that it was the end of btc market but it has been proved wrong even if the market falls it does not take much time for it to recover and the Ups and downs in the market is something which is normal in every market situation.
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:32:17 AM

When we buy a stock at a cheap price, we can sell it at a price that is expensive, obviously profitable.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: