Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:14:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2195 times)
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:57:01 PM

buy low sell high-indeed the basic theory is easy to use but very trap. with the current state of the coins as such a thing is useless. buy cheap does not always give a good thing when the coin is getting crashed. by holding the coins of course provide a solution to avoid the loss of this and almost all investors began to apply this to secure their capital and to earn a big profit.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:12:15 PM

Although your write is not really clear I think I can still make some things out of it.
With what you wrote about those who bought bitcoin 2 years ago and held it till the price of bitcoin was above $19000 but did not sell felt they should do so now to avoid more loss as they have already lost half of what they would have gained if they had sold at $19000.
If this is what you mean, I wouldn't advice them to sell now. The price of bitcoin is only just recovering from this dump and will, with time, soar high back. Speculations are that the price of bitcoin will be over $20000 before the middle of the year.

panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:43:42 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.
So far, you must review the graph and make a back ward analysis if you would loose when you sell it right now when there is a current correction going on with the price. Perhaps, with in that previous years you are holding your bitcoin, there are period where you trade, buy and sell some. And one thing more, you did not mention the price when you started having your bitcoin or how you got your bitcoin in the first place. But, since bitcoin have the tendency to trend low, then recover all of a sudden. We can sell at a decent price height, but hold some for future profit.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:47:59 PM

I also believe that right now is the perfect time to buy and hold for a little while or wait for the price to go up and make more profit soon.
thats right it time to buy bitcoin because now bitcoin price is low not too low but it does not down from this price. buy bitcoin in this price is more profitable when any one hold it tell end of the year. and after two year the price of bitcoin will reached 500000$ it will beg chance to sell in this price .
Right now it is a very good time to buy bitcoin it is not as low as it was a year ago but if you wanted to buy bitcoin for cheap then you should have made the effort to buy it back then, the current price is probably one of the best prices that you are going to see and you need to take advantage of it before it goes up again, it is really doubtful that we're going to reach 500000 in two years but at least I think we will be able to get a new all time high.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:36:32 AM

Be smart in your decision. For now holding until its price increase is high to sell Bitcoin. I will not get more profits if I decide to let go all my coins.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:30:33 AM

Be smart in your decision. For now holding until its price increase is high to sell Bitcoin. I will not get more profits if I decide to let go all my coins.
It all totally depends, we have to check some factors that might affect bitcoin value. Understanding them and being aware of its nature can help you to be more comfortable with the price fluctuations and make knowledgeable decisions at the right time. Don't panic.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:56:44 AM

It is good move to buy high and sell low to gain more profit but the very safe is to hodl your coin and don't mind it.
rmel0924

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:40:00 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

For me I will sell it then buy back if necessary. As long as I have huge profit already it is still better to sell while the price is high and buy back when it gets low.
Windybi

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:45:49 AM

It is good move to buy high and sell low to gain more profit but the very safe is to hodl your coin and don't mind it.
right . Currently I have invested in NEO. And I determined that the money I invested in this coin was considered lost, so I do not see the price of it every day. If the market becomes green then maybe I get a big profit.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:56:02 AM

If you buy 2 years ago you already get a lot of profits if you sell it at current prices, if you are a person who wants to hold more hold it let alone you buy at a cheap price in 2 years ago. Buy high sell low? if it's bitcoin then I would choose hold even though it becomes dust, because I'm sure bitcoin will still be worth.

Ampong2121

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:25:49 AM

I will hold it than to lose my money, because i know that bitcoin price will not die because lot of people are still using it, so im going to hold and wait for the price increase. I want my investment to add up not to decrease im not going to waste money because of just someone saying that it will not survive, your just giving your self a negative thinking.
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:02:37 AM

buy low sell high-indeed the basic theory is easy to use but very trap. with the current state of the coins as such a thing is useless. buy cheap does not always give a good thing when the coin is getting crashed. by holding the coins of course provide a solution to avoid the loss of this and almost all investors began to apply this to secure their capital and to earn a big profit.
Basically we people need to understand some basic rules. And this buy low and sell high is one of the amazing guideline for us to enhance our trading skills and portfolio. But unfortunately, still we don’t implement this. People here know about it and they are well aware of how this would be amazing for their results but still the panic thing never allow them to maintain such decorum of trading.
neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:15:21 AM

Ill rather hold my btc rather than selling it low.We all know that btc value dropped so low but that doesnt mean that its time to sell your btc in lower price coz you are afraid that this will continue to drop.Just hold it and wait for the right time rather than wasting it.Just be patient and wait for the right time.
ajayramani95

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:20:10 AM

It depends on onw's perception. Holding Bitcoin for a long period of time would be a good idea and buying Bitcoin at low price is as well. Both will result to huge profit it will just have differences on the interval of earning profit such that buying at low and selling at high would be faster than holdong for a long period of time and waiting for its market value to be more expensive.
I will rather buy btc in dip and sell it in bull run at its peak to make profits..it's all about making profits..sometimes holding is not the right options and you have to decide by yourself...if you're happy with profits just sell it. Don't wait for 10x when it is already 7x .. Good thing is to maintan 25% fiat in your account so you can buy eth/btc whenever it dips or else..
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:34:47 AM

Basically we people need to understand some basic rules. And this buy low and sell high is one of the amazing guideline for us to enhance our trading skills and portfolio. But unfortunately, still we don’t implement this. People here know about it and they are well aware of how this would be amazing for their results but still the panic thing never allow them to maintain such decorum of trading.
Some of the people who are getting started to trading are not implementing the buy low and sell high principle because they don't focus and put their attention to that thing. Most of the times, they let their emotion eat their concentration and when the concentration is not there then a lot of things will come to your mind that will lead for losing money.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:50:16 AM

Ill rather hold my btc rather than selling it low.We all know that btc value dropped so low but that doesnt mean that its time to sell your btc in lower price coz you are afraid that this will continue to drop.Just hold it and wait for the right time rather than wasting it.Just be patient and wait for the right time.
Should I believe you have invested in bitcoin? The man who have invested in bitcoin they will consider to change strategy. Let's say if you buy bitcoin when price $19.000 you intend to invest for long term and then downtrend came and you change strategy before, you sell bitcoin when price is $18.000 and until now bitcoin price touch $6000, I think you will feel sorry if you stay with your strategy for long term investment. Think about that, change strategy your investment is good way.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:12:18 PM

It is not a good idea to buy high and sell low. So to have a change of gaining from your investment, you should have to hold and wait until it the price will be back to where you buy it.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:29:47 PM

well it depends on how many hours can you afford to observe the market if you cann stay all day monitoring the trend then trading is for you but if you can't do it all day you might hold your fort to minimize mistakes on your trades.
Thira

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:33:05 PM

The objective of every investment is profit making, I don't see sense on buy high and sell  low, its far better to hold on,  not to sell your bitcoin than buy high and sell low. Because it makes no economic sense.

Our purpose if we engage in this type of investment is to gain more money through bitcoin, but when the value of said bitcoin is decreasing dont panic just hold it dont sell it in lesser amount wait for the time to recover its value, because it seems that your wasting your capital money for your investment if you sell it.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:52:32 PM

With that high I already sold my bitcoins because I was in perfect profits. Now that I am gaining loss then I will surely hold my coins for long terms or unless and until I dont hit the jackpot like last year. I already have enough money from last years holding and thus I can sustain my daily needs on it. I will never break my holding pattern if im not getting the profits at all. Though bitcoin has dropped way to down then also it doesn't mean its not gonna recover anytime soon. I would love to say that it will like more than 20K this year for all the reason that it has shown in the past whenever it goes down and comes up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: