Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2189 times)
Davidovic6648

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 07:54:55 AM

Buying high and selling low is not a good economist practise. Trading is like a virtual game which you bet on. You gain when they go for your option since that are not humans. If have bought at a very high price and the price keeps dropping then hold for as long it can last. Mind you, one of the attribute of an economist is patience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:24:53 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.
Buying high and sell low is not a good strategy to a good trader. It can cause you to lose your money. If you find its red just be patient and wait for the right time to sell. Wait for the price to get high again and then sell do not be greedy in selling your coins which you buy at high price already.
boblets243

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:08:06 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

Buy high, sell low is a clear loss. You do the other way around to have a profit. I think the you hold and sell depending on your target profit and based on your analysis on the market trend. The data and instincts plays a vital role on this. If you bought it 2 years ago then probably I have already sold it when the price was on 10k-19k range. Even at 10k price, you have already gained by more than 10 folds.
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:16:42 AM

I guess that you've made a mistake in a title. It makes no sense to buy something at high and sell at low. You will just lose a lot of money. So recommended way is to buy crypto at low, then hold it and wait for price growth and then sell it at high.
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:12:35 AM

If I have enough profit then I will sell it but if its not enough i  would rather hold it than selling in a low price. Holding it for a long time is very much better than panic selling. I prefer long time invest.
Exactly, buy low and sell in higher  rate,if you invested at low rates and time to collect the profits, and price is high surely you will earn double  amount of  your  investment. I advice  to hold your coin if price is low try to hold a little  bit and wait for  few days  and have a better deal.
gurupauts

Activity: 420

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 11:58:24 AM

of course the better thing to do is buy a low price and sell at a high price, if when you buy then the price goes down then you better to hold it because if you sell at a high price you will lose

v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:03:01 PM

i do think as an investors we need to know when to stop. Its true last year bitcoin hype is so high and many people buying it on high price and they regret it after big correction. But i do think the best way to invest in crypto is hold and what you need is you need to realize and face the reality, dont be greedy or it will make you regret. Just sell when you think its enough.

HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:30:53 PM

No ,not at all. It is very clear from this statement that if a person is buying at high rate and selling them at low rate then their is no profit at all. It is surely a wrong deal.No one will do this except in some extreme conditions.When you feel that the prices are falling down then simply wait and keep holding your coins. Wait for the time when the price will rise. No other option is better then this.The best strategy is just opposite  to the above given statement.Buy at low price and sell at high price is the best choice.Just keep on saving your coins when the prices are low.Bitcoin is never stable ,if the prices are low right now then their is nothing to panic just keep holding your coins and sell only when the market value is high.
sapu jagat

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:35:47 PM

Depending on your needs, if you are currently in need of money, just sell some of your coins, because it also has a big enough profit for you. So I do not think that's a problem, as long as we've got enough big profits.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

Depending on your needs, if you are currently in need of money, just sell some of your coins, because it also has a big enough profit for you. So I do not think that's a problem, as long as we've got enough big profits.
you are right. but, for me, maybe I'd better keep it if the price falls too far. well, we must be optimistic in holding bitcoin. it may take quite a while, but it's better than selling it when the price is being severely dumped.
Iblis 02

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:44:01 PM

Should do the sale if we have got profit more than 10 × or 70% because it is very good, but now the correction is still not finished and it is late if doing the current sales.
We recommend that you wait until the end of the year so we can see again bitcoin is in the $ 20000- $ 30000.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:31:11 PM

Selling bitcoin with the lowest value until you buy it is like giving your freedom to someone freely. It's up to you what you want to do with your own bitcoin. But if you want to hold bitcoin better hold in long term. Because i am sure will greatly benefit you.
FullMooon

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:31:52 PM

We need to make the right decision before getting into this situation. When you buy high and sell low you will not gain any from this, you shall hold it first and wait for the right time wherein it will gets high also for you to get what you buy. This is the risk of getting into electronic currencies.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:58:53 PM

Just buy low and sell high is still the basic and effective strategy in trading in digital currency. Hold, if the prices keeps on decreasing from original price you bought that Bitcoin or Altcoins. However, as of today, the price is still low so it is better to either just hold because is you withdraw you will suffer from actual loss or just buy additional coins so that it will lessen the loss and it is the best time to buy then just hold until the price will rise up again and reached your desired income. Just don't panic and keep calm in trading.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:06:06 PM

We need to make the right decision before getting into this situation. When you buy high and sell low you will not gain any from this, you shall hold it first and wait for the right time wherein it will gets high also for you to get what you buy. This is the risk of getting into electronic currencies.

Well i don't think anyone intends really to buy high and sell low. It's thr effect of how they react to the market and how they let their emotions control them. Effects of inexperience since the longer they stay here the more it'll be corrected.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:15:54 PM

If you buy in high price much better to hold it because theres possible that the price will be increase instead of sell maybe use it to invest in some other coin the give you a profit while you waiting the increase price of bitcoin.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:00:11 PM

I don't think that buying at high value and selling at low value will be better than buying at low and selling when it rise. As a trader or investor, you will look for a instances that you will 100% sure that your investment will be profitable. Or it is better to hold and waut for the value to rise up before selling it.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:07:27 PM

Anyone can say this. But when you invest in this market, do you do that? To invest in this market is not as simple as what you are thinking. But if you know how to invest then it will bring you a lot of money and vice versa you will lose everything.
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:17:46 PM

Anyone can say this. But when you invest in this market, do you do that? To invest in this market is not as simple as what you are thinking. But if you know how to invest then it will bring you a lot of money and vice versa you will lose everything.

That is true. I have seen a lot of horror stories about various people/investors both rich and poor losing hundreds or thousands of dollars just because of this industry. These people are the ones that have jumped into this industry just because they thought it can multiply their money as easy as breathing which has lead them to lose funds. But, there are also people that have told success stories because they have really did their own research or got lucky(which are very few) that have really made huge profits. Truly, this is such a great opportunity for those who are patient and does their best to learn as much as they can.
Dhaniii

Activity: 728

https://i.imgur.com/hgxNNiA.png

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:30:35 PM

if i have bitcoin 2 years ago and this year it reaches $ 19000 then i will immediately sell it to be used to invest again in other altcoin. just imagine, how much profit we can have at that time. and very lucky people who managed to buy bitcoin 2 years ago and keep it up to now. I do not think it's too late to hold bitcoin because bitcoin prices will always go up even though it's also decreasing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: