Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:05:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallets do you guys use?  (Read 212 times)
karamoris (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

I have TEL, TRX, XLM, BTC, ETH, ICX, VEN, KEY, OCN, and NEO. I really want a ledger nano but am unsure if it'll hold all my crypto. I have an etherwallet online but haven't put anything on it since I'm still confused if it'll accept what I currently hold. Can someone help point me in the right direction? Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pesorules

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

All the way up

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:39:15 AM

I have TEL, TRX, XLM, BTC, ETH, ICX, VEN, KEY, OCN, and NEO. I really want a ledger nano but am unsure if it'll hold all my crypto. I have an etherwallet online but haven't put anything on it since I'm still confused if it'll accept what I currently hold. Can someone help point me in the right direction? Thank you
You can try myetherwallet. Myetherwallet is very user friendly and based from what I read about here in the forum myetherwallet is very secured in such a way that your altcoins are secured and will not be encrypted and by that I say that I really trust myetherwallet.

AQUA™  《  REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY  》  www.aquaintel.io
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤      TOKEN SALE : MAY 7, 2018      ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
ICO Lancer

Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 07:40:42 AM

myetherwallet - all types of erc20 coins/tokens.

See the full list here: https://etherscan.io/tokens

For other coins, using their own recommended wallet/exchange usually works.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:42:09 AM
Merited by santino11 (10)

You can try myetherwallet. Myetherwallet is very user friendly and based from what I read about here in the forum myetherwallet is very secured in such a way that your altcoins are secured and will not be encrypted and by that I say that I really trust myetherwallet.

Myetherewallet is one of the best ERC20 wallets, it can hold most of your coin but i doubt on the BTC and NEO.
there is electrum also and NEO wallet. you can put all of your those coin on that 3 wallets and also coinbase can hold bitcoin and ethereum.
just a tip. don't put all your coins in just one wallet for a better security.
carlowell

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 07:47:38 AM

I recommend company or coin owned or backed wallets because they're more secure and reliable than third-party wallets.
I have NEO so I'm using NEO Wallet, MyEtherWallet for my ERC20 tokens, Waves wallets for Waves coins and so on.
Using third-party wallets will put your assets on danger because altcoin companies are creating their own app so that their users will be safe and secure their assets.
I don't really recommend third-party wallet apps because nothing more secure than using company owned wallets and apps.

susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:50:48 AM

I just use Myetherwallet wallet for ETH and some tokens that work with ETH and I use blockchain.info to store the bitcoin I have. besides that I also keep in the market wallet that I believe.
matsusomoto

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:27:30 AM

Myetherwallet or MEW can only hold ethereum and ethereum based tokens (ERC20) which is commonly used by these new altcoins in the market,
Back to OP,you can search to the ledger's official website if they can hold those coins,do not use any app or web wallet because they are prone to hackers.

cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:31:02 AM

You have a variety of tokens.
In general, I will use the imtoken for the erc20 token.
NEO I will use a full computer wallet with NEO - GUI.
BTC I will use the light purse of kcash.
You can refer to it.

Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:33:46 AM

Right now ledger nano can't store all of them as most of them are considered new and not supported yet. But you don't have to worry as ledger usually add a new coin/token if the demand is high. So you can store some of them in ledger and keep the rest in the official wallet of each coin until ledger support it.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Ligrev

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:44:20 AM

As cold wallet I have a Trezor which stores almost all of my cryptocurrencies. As hot wallet i use the Eidoo App, it's really convenient and it should be secure, however I only store my Coins/ Tokens there temporary.
Because the majority of my holdings are ETH/ ERC20 Tokens and Coins that are supported by Trezor I don't really need any other light clients. Smiley
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:57:33 AM

I normally use myetherwallet for several ERC20 wallet because MEW is trusted in the community. MEW is secured and it is hard to be hack unless you give your own private key so for you starter go for ME. But for my major coin holdings like BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC and etc etc are stored in ledger for HODL purpose.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:05:20 AM

The best variant for storaging your crypto is any cold wallet. I use Ledger Nano S (cost just 79 EUR).
Good combitanion: MEW+Ledger for ETH & ERC20 tokens or NEON Wallet + Ledger for NEO & its tokens. It also supports a lof of coins: Stratis,Stellar,Litecoin,Ripple, Bitcoin (of course  Smiley) and many others.

Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:21:27 AM

I'm using electrum and myethewallet with metamask, also I'm using Wawes wallet. This three are pretty good, simpple, and safety imho. However maybe there exist more protected wallets.

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:24:45 AM

5 - Cryptonator
4 - Agama
3 - Exodus
2 - Jaxx
1 - Coinomi

These are some of the best options for now.
Myetherwallet is very user-friendly. Coinbase, CoinPayments are also good options.
COINISM0001

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:47:14 AM

You should go for Ledger Blue. It has the latest compatibility with majority of coins
Sohag Barman
Copper Member

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:00:05 AM

I am only use myetherwallet. I know it used only ERC20 based token. It have own exchenger and it is very easy for translation. I am also know about Stellar Wallet. But not use yet.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:09:27 AM

Your best bet is to definitely buy a hardware wallet. I'm pretty sure the ledger nano s is capable of holding all myetherwallet coins. If you can't do that, then make sure you have 2fa enabled on the exchanges that you use.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:10:17 AM

Myetherwallet is a good choice, and most people will put erc20 tokens in their Myetherwallet wallet.
NEO also has a corresponding light purse to use, you can check it on the official website of NEO, most of which will put BTC in Electrum wallet or various hardware wallet, because it is safer.

kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:43:53 AM

I think most of the crypto you listed above are ERC 20 tokens and am sure ledger nano can hold those Cryptos but in most cases those using ledger nano S also have trezor wallet which can hold tokens that ledger nano doesn't support.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
VampKing
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:52:58 AM

Don't put all your currencies in a single wallet. Try to use the concept of portfolio. You can use Coinbase, MEW, Bittrex. You can also use the Wallets offered by the coins own company that you want to hold. It's all about safety after all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: