Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:33:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget HODLing!  (Read 292 times)
majest3 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:05:01 AM

After the last couple of days l have had in this market l refuse to use the term HODL anymore. It is just too nice a term for what we are presently experiencing. I believe we need to ad a new letter to it HOFDL - " Hold on For Fucking dear life " . Pretty much sums up what is necessary in this market.

Anyone got a clue where we are heading in the short term? There is so much FUD out there and misdirection, it's hard to work out what is happening.

DeepOnion - Tor integrated - 100% anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! <===​  (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1620543)
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:09:29 AM

After the last couple of days l have had in this market l refuse to use the term HODL anymore. It is just too nice a term for what we are presently experiencing. I believe we need to ad a new letter to it HOFDL - " Hold on For Fucking dear life " . Pretty much sums up what is necessary in this market.

Anyone got a clue where we are heading in the short term? There is so much FUD out there and misdirection, it's hard to work out what is happening.

Ignore what anyone says.. Look at the chart of bitcoin for the last 5 years.. and you'll have your answer.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
imapessimist

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:13:41 AM

I have decided that I do not agree with holding too long. If the price goes up then people must take at least their original investment back and a little bit of profit.  If they don't then like last time they will be left with a huge loss.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:14:36 AM

When we are confused and everything is hard to calculate then just use your word HOFDL, lolz! Yup that’s what we can do really and there is no way to speculate anything about the bitcoin at this point. I don’t like the idea of bitcoin going down because of governments everywhere making tighter regulations. I really imagined that these people will someday take the opportunity to create a better world with this system but all they are doing is just making the fucking disturbance in the whole block chain. Millions of people are on the verge of selling now just out of fear and nothing else. Hopefully this will change soon.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:18:36 AM

How about forgetting your crypto portfolio at times like this and go back to a more normal life?  Grin I want to practice not looking at my port but I can't help it, crypto life is really addictive.

Based on a chart shared by a friend a while ago, there's also the same chart like what's happening to BTC now 3-4 years ago so I think what goes around comes around, Bitcoin will gain its value back let's just be patient.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:26:53 AM

I have decided that I do not agree with holding too long. If the price goes up then people must take at least their original investment back and a little bit of profit.  If they don't then like last time they will be left with a huge loss.
Then you are feeding those people who looking for cheap price, but that's okay if you have a long term plan and good bankroll management ability , do cut loss now and recover it by taking advantage on this volatility market piece by piece, still you can't get any guarantee some people think it's better to brace yourself and hodl as long as possible.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
tuskacz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:33:13 AM

After the last couple of days l have had in this market l refuse to use the term HODL anymore. It is just too nice a term for what we are presently experiencing. I believe we need to ad a new letter to it HOFDL - " Hold on For Fucking dear life " .

Then you don't understand Satoshi idea at all. Bitcoin was NOT created for holding but for exchanging and paying for average goods. I hope market will eliminate such degenerates like you soon  Angry.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:33:37 AM

Then you are feeding those people who looking for cheap price, but that's okay if you have a long term plan and good bankroll management ability , do cut loss now and recover it by taking advantage on this volatility market piece by piece, still you can't get any guarantee some people think it's better to brace yourself and hodl as long as possible.

Seems pathetic at the moment and i don't know what else to say, maybe we should just do our best to hold for now and if we ever get the chance again when the price climbs past 15k$ then we sell them all. I'm loosing patience every minute.
endlings

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:40:12 AM

What we hold is not for what it is but for our lives. What we sell now is a loss for us, so we have to live for the sake of our family and pray that bitcoin will rise back.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:46:49 AM

It is just too nice a term for what we are presently experiencing. I believe we need to ad a new letter to it HOFDL - " Hold on For Fucking dear life " . Pretty much sums up what is necessary in this market.
I like your term dude Cheesy There's no turning back now for all holders because if you can't hold this blood bath any longer and choose to let go your coins then you will end as a loser. So the best option for us is to stay strong and continue even though it's really hard to see that our earnings are now slowly decreasing day by day. Cry
Cryptowod

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:02:48 AM

Just remember, its not a loss until you sell out!
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:08:10 AM

Just remember, its not a loss until you sell out!
Wrong. It's only a loss if you never trade again... You can take a temporary "loss" and end up a big winner if you use your brain.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
imapessimist

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:11:58 AM

If it's not a loss till you sell then it isn't a profit till  you sell.  I think I am understanding this now a bit better.  That makes sense?
majest3 (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:31:10 AM

After the last couple of days l have had in this market l refuse to use the term HODL anymore. It is just too nice a term for what we are presently experiencing. I believe we need to ad a new letter to it HOFDL - " Hold on For Fucking dear life " .

Then you don't understand Satoshi idea at all. Bitcoin was NOT created for holding but for exchanging and paying for average goods. I hope market will eliminate such degenerates like you soon  Angry.

I think it is you who does not understand, because Bitcoin in it's current form will never be able to be used for exchanging and paying for average goods. It is way to expensive and far to slow. I think you may have it confused with Bitcoin Cash! I was in this market long before you new what it was and l will be here long after you have gone, so degenerates like me are what make Bitcoin what it is today.

DeepOnion - Tor integrated - 100% anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! <===​  (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1620543)
tuskacz

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:35:07 AM

I think it is you who does not understand, because Bitcoin in it's current form will never be able to be used for exchanging and paying for average goods. It is way to expensive and far to slow. I think you may have it confused with Bitcoin Cash! I was in this market long before you new what it was and l will be here long after you have gone, so degenerates like me are what make Bitcoin what it is today.

With lighting newtork it will be. Show some confidence man. Every currency is worth as much as it circulates.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:35:57 AM

No, we don't.
What we need is less threads like this one.

Do you know what is FUD? Why FUD? Reason behind FUD?

Look at charts. More people panic more FUD you will see. That is reason for FUD in first place. And at some point you won't see fud any more, you will see nice threads about bitcoin. And then you will again seed fud all over the internet. And again nice news. Price will go up, down, up, down, crash, pump, dump. Be smart Wink
sommii

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:36:40 AM

Ignore what anyone says.. Look at the chart of bitcoin for the last 5 years.. and you'll have your answer.

Do you sometimes use brain or your only argument is "look at historical charts, it will always be the same, it happened few times so it will be happening forever"? XDD those crypto "investors" are so funny..
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:41:12 AM

Why hodl Bitcoin if you can trade them with different coins on the crypto market right? Yes hodling Bitcoin may be profitable but if you're thinking wisely you can earn more and more Bitcoins by trading you'll earn more rather than holding some coins.

*Check out Bitcoin's graph in the last 5 years you would see the ups and downs of Bitcoin almost all of their movement is the same from year by year.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:41:26 AM

Do you sometimes use brain or your only argument is "look at historical charts, it will always be the same, it happened few times so it will be happening forever"? XDD those crypto "investors" are so funny..

Since you act all high and mighty it would be good if you explained to all of us here why according to you history can't repeat itself.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:41:39 AM

Whatever i am the real crypto follower and investors am not using term HODL i am using term invest .  am investing more to good potential coins . Bitcoins growth was not natural so its coming to original position no need to fear.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: