Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:09:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will this drop in prices of BTC and ETH affect ICOs  (Read 247 times)
yommey (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:23:05 AM

I have been wondering lately what the effects of this huge decline in btc and ETH ( other cryptos too)prices will have on ICOs, especially those concluded when prices are high but have not moved to the next phase of their project execution?
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:33:24 AM

Really the drop in prices of BTC and ETH will have huge negative impact on the performance of the ICOs, however there will be a lot of adjustments on future prices which can balance the effect. Also the demand curve for many ICOs will slope downward.

HOMT

Powered by,
melsell1

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:48:33 AM

Depends on whether altcoin's rate is fixed to BTC/ETH. Cause it may float adjusting to BTC/ETH volatility.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:49:54 AM

It depends on thier plans for the funds raised.  Those that expected to liquidate to fund large marketing programmes are going to have to cut their spending plans, which means their product will probably not reach the audience and success expected.  Others hopefully have a better spending program and will only be minor impact.
toygg

Activity: 306

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:51:08 AM

I think the most direct way it is affecting ICO is in turning new investors off in investing in cryptocurency. Experienced crypto traders might also be afraid of investing more money into ICO because of this blood bath. Crypto millionaires might also be tempted to convert their crypto holding into fiat which is way safer than crypto in the morning.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:53:07 AM

The price drop would have negative effect on ICO's that concluded as they would not have cashed out their coins to fiat yet.
For ongoing and upcoming ICO, it would not affect much and again may increase in investment as people move from cryptos to rather stabler and legal token market.
Chiyoko

Activity: 305
Merit: 10

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:56:29 AM

I have been wondering lately what the effects of this huge decline in btc and ETH ( other cryptos too)prices will have on ICOs, especially those concluded when prices are high but have not moved to the next phase of their project execution?
I think it depend on the day because every day the prices of two of them are not useually rised, and it depends to the ico project.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Borisov

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:06:22 AM

Now many projects are transferring Ico, because with each bitcoin falls . postponing, they win and time (not the best time now to go to the stock exchange) and money, as the rate in a month will be much higher than today!
P.s I apologize for grammatical errors
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:15:51 AM

Every thing has session and BTC and ETH price is falling does not mean it will be constant falling in market, ICOs has nothing to loose, but is time to invest and stored in both side ( BTC/ETH) as a leading wallets. secondly ICOs is simply means Initial Coin Offering, and nothing it has to loose, but to help his project move smoothly base on the job. 
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:16:17 AM

it must have an impact on ICO, those who run the project and have determined the ICO rate is likely to delay the sale of ICO because the BTC or ETH to usd exchange rate decreases by range 20% +, while to run the project they have to swap crypto to usd, the problem is more about financial fund. I wonder how investors deal with this, because I have never invested in the current situations.

santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:19:48 AM

ALL of ICO are depending on bitcoin and ethereum on their ICO, thats why the movement of the 2 coins will be a big effect to their prices too.
but most investors are greedy now as bitcoin and eth are on dump now. though some people may choose to hold those coins than to invest as they are expecting the big pump soon.
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:24:07 AM

Good ICO with winning idea will still have it's intrinsic value among it's investors and participants. If these ICOs going on to deliver on their idea and they have a working product or services that is selling, bitcoin or ethereum price will not affect such ICO at the market.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:26:26 AM

I think it will have a negative impact to ICOs as they have a target amount to raise in order to support the project. There will definitely a delay in raising those soft caps and hard caps and delay on the distribution of tokens after the ICO. But I think, good or popular ICOs won't have a trouble with their investments since investors who has a full trust on them will definitely invest.
sidsac01

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:33:56 AM

Initial Coin Offerings that will be listed or recently listed at the market will definitely get affected by this negative event that is currently happening right now in the crypto world. But if you have invested in a good solid project it will have an organic growth once the market comes back to normal. Actually everything is on down market right now even the stocks market because of what is happening in america let's just hope that everything will be fine soon as we are all affected.
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:37:57 AM

While participating in a ico is itself very risky invesment, now I think no one can think of participating in ICOs, so it has great effect on current and upcoming ICOs.
chocochild

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:02:24 PM

It wont affect ICOs they are ready and knows the volatility of the prices of eth and btc.
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:17:33 PM

if the king was affected others childs and his follower will also be affected and down, usually those gainers while bitcoin dig digs down they are usually
a pump and dump scenario . happily Ive join the ride on monero gold before coin exchange freezes all transactions hahaha.
ICO's I think yes because we and other crypto was based on local money like usd and as the price of for example BTC which is use to buy ICO tokens also affects their price but ICO devs will be also a big affect to them haha
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 12:25:04 PM

Depends on whether altcoin's rate is fixed to BTC/ETH. Cause it may float adjusting to BTC/ETH volatility.

Indeed. Depends on the ICO.

But for the most part, I think they should be unaffected, unless they're tied to btc/eth or some other "mainc conis"
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:25:17 PM

This drop is not limited to BTC and ETH whole crypto market is tanking and ICOS are also part of that, so they will suffer too. we just need to wait to see some confidence in the market which will lead back things to normal.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1132

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:27:58 PM

In general matter i dont see any effects on such decline either on btc or on eth coins since they can anytime set particular amount of tokens basing on the recent value of those coins. If prices are way too volatile then it would surely affect if the ICO is finished and tokens being launched on exchanges. As expected price of those coins would decline to yet investors will secure profits or break even scenarios.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: