Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:41:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits as requirement.  (Read 322 times)
yojodojo21 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:32:25 PM

Good Day to everyone.
I would like to know if it is a must to add merit count requirements when participating into a campaign, I mean is it better to hire applicants with merits or by basing on their quality post? I have seen yahoo62278 start to come up with the idea of accepting applicants with merits for high payments  but also accepted applicants without merits since the merit feature is fresh.

For clarification, do managers have to hire applicants with merits in a must or not?

Please do correct me if I'm wrong or if I have said something unnecessary.
Thanks for the consideration.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsiivo

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

For clarification, do managers have to hire applicants with merits in a must or not?

Currently it is not compulsory. But with so many members competing, we can see merit as requirement as well for participating in signature campaigns.
Neerajkumar

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:57:25 PM

It's not much required but soon it will be compulsory to participate in the signature campaign and it can only be earned through quality post made in the threads.
The merit will help judging the best with those who actually make irrelevant or off topic posts.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 04:03:23 PM

For clarification, the merit system has been implemented to curb the shitposters and account farmers. This forum was the garbage can for the oneliner shitposters to farm accounts - because earlier the post count and activity was what was necessary for ranking up.

Managers like yahoo are very much in agreement with this since they also want quality posters here and not shitposters obviously. If he applies this rule is signature campaigns then its a good move on his part.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:08:59 PM

Good Day to everyone.
Good evening.
I would like to know if it is a must to add merit count requirements when participating into a campaign
No.
I mean is it better to hire applicants with merits or by basing on their quality post?
No. IMHO It should be based on their post quality not merits.
I have seen yahoo62278 start to come up with the idea of accepting applicants with merits for high payments  but also accepted applicants without merits since the merit feature is fresh.
He can do whatever he wants to do, he is signature campaign manager. He can kick you without any reason and he doesn't have to explain anything and he doesn't need to explain rules of his campaign to anyone.
No. But if they do - their campaign their rules.

But with so many members competing, we can see merit as requirement as well for participating in signature campaigns.
Competing? You guys really don't get it, do you?

The merit will help judging the best with those who actually make irrelevant or off topic posts.
No it won't. You can write hundred shitposts and create one nice and constructive topic and receive merits for it.
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:11:18 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 04:39:01 PM by cipher-x_09
Merited by chineseprancing (2), di.ako.toh (1)

Although it would have been unfair to those people who are really posting qualitative and constructive post but are not getting credit for it, because of the limited number s-merits sendable or they only select the members that they like. But that's life we would need to embrace and accept the challenge, but for me it is much needed for ranking up not necessarily for joining any campaigns but it would be a great help for managers if he/she requires it.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:12:35 PM

I also heard that such requirement is our nearly future. I guess it is going to be very common for well paid campaigns, but bounties will stay more loyal as usual. The necessary minimum to enter a signature campaign is goin to be the same as all old users got automatically after merit was involved (member - 10, full member - 50 and so on), se we have nothing to worry about, but new users have.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:06:43 PM
Merited by madwica (1)

Good Day to everyone.
I would like to know if it is a must to add merit count requirements when participating into a campaign, I mean is it better to hire applicants with merits or by basing on their quality post? I have seen yahoo62278 start to come up with the idea of accepting applicants with merits for high payments  but also accepted applicants without merits since the merit feature is fresh.

Managers like yahoo62278 are only trying to impose what's bitcoin forum required users to have. If campaigns will accept participants whether they have no merit at all people will not be obliged to work on their post quality and continue doing what they want. The merit system was implemented to control the forum and it should be applied even in campaigns or any business inside this site.
etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:43:13 PM

Good Day to everyone.

Managers like yahoo62278 are only trying to impose what's bitcoin forum required users to have. If campaigns will accept participants whether they have no merit at all people will not be obliged to work on their post quality and continue doing what they want. The merit system was implemented to control the forum and it should be applied even in campaigns or any business inside this site.

This is kind of a chicken and the egg problem - Campaigns just won't accept participants that can't have links on their banners - which will then push value of said accounts upwards and discourage users from giving out merit. So in the context of campaigns, merit is not a well thought out concept at all.

Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:41:47 PM

Campaigns just won't accept participants that can't have links on their banners
Hmm yes true the low ranks

which will then push value of said accounts upwards and discourage users from giving out merit.
Which then increases the value of said accounts (the low ranks?) Why though? If what i understand was correct, then you're contradicting what you've said.
etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

Campaigns just won't accept participants that can't have links on their banners
Hmm yes true the low ranks

which will then push value of said accounts upwards and discourage users from giving out merit.
Which then increases the value of said accounts (the low ranks?) Why though? If what i understand was correct, then you're contradicting what you've said.

Ah mixed that up, meant to say it will greatly push up the value of accounts that can actually participate in these campaigns.

A second point is that this creates a flow of merit to people that already have merit, because lower ranked individuals that get sMerit will likely give to higher ranked users for a chance of reciprocated merit.

Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:47:16 PM

First of all imho sig bounty participants are getting payed for renting their signature and avatar space and the amount of the ads that could be placed there is limited by the rank, making overpayments for merited ones (like yahoo did in one of his campaigns) is just a sign of a good will from the side of the project. Anyway you need to get merits if you need to change your rank. Bounty managers are still have to check the post history of their applicants so it doesn't look like merit brings any significant changes.
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:33:26 AM
Merited by cipher-x_09 (1)

I see this kind of requirement in every campaign in a good way, because it really enhances to all to come up with quality posts. With these also, participants are really assess how far they know about the crypto currency.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 06:03:55 AM

This is kind of a chicken and the egg problem - Campaigns just won't accept participants that can't have links on their banners - which will then push value of said accounts upwards and discourage users from giving out merit.
It will reduce the spam and shitposting in the forum which is all that happens everyday. We come here for a discussion on bitcoin or so and get the threads derailed by third world shitposters and scumbag account farmers to "I think its good" and "bitcoin is good" aka padded posts.

"Pushing the value of said accounts" - what exactly are you trying to imply? I believe you have connections to the people associated with buying and selling of accounts.

Nobody discorages users to give away merits - but the post must be convincing enough and engaaging to "gather" merit.

So in the context of campaigns, merit is not a well thought out concept at all.
The opposite. The shitcampaigns run by alt-rings will slow down.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
belousov

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:09:03 AM

It is a good idea but there is one downside to this. If there is requirement like having at least 1-2 earned merits, we will see members buying these if they have not got any for their posts.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:38:13 AM

Good Day to everyone.
I would like to know if it is a must to add merit count requirements when participating into a campaign, I mean is it better to hire applicants with merits or by basing on their quality post? I have seen yahoo62278 start to come up with the idea of accepting applicants with merits for high payments  but also accepted applicants without merits since the merit feature is fresh.

Following their rules and regulations must have no problem,I think yahoo wants us to improved  our post to be constructive and helpful in the forum.We should learn more to avoid shitposting and off topic to make  a high paid in signature campaign and also to gained more knowledge in crypto.
repsol

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:45:40 AM

I think it will be difficult to get merit, especially for me who is new in this forum, I do not know how to get merit. very detrimental to new accounts if bounty payments are based on merit.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:00:59 AM

I think it will be difficult to get merit, especially for me who is new in this forum, I do not know how to get merit. very detrimental to new accounts if bounty payments are based on merit.

Very detrimental indeed. Huh

This was precisely the reason why the merit system was added. People who come to this forum with a hundred alt accounts to claim shitcoins airdrops and bounties.

Grow your account by making quality posts as simple as that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:11:33 AM
Merited by yojodojo21 (1)

Based on this idiotic thread, I think that I should increase the merit requirement for Full Member and above by another 1-2 hundred. Stop opening threads and asking reasonably stupid questions, such as this one:

Nice merit farm you've created over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827352.0. I can't believe how many users fell for that.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:39:03 AM

I would like to know if it is a must to add merit count requirements when participating into a campaign, I mean is it better to hire applicants with merits or by basing on their quality post?

There is no such requirement at the moment but campaign managers can make their additional rules. Merit would be helpful for them to identify the quality posters.

I have seen yahoo62278 start to come up with the idea of accepting applicants with merits for high payments  but also accepted applicants without merits since the merit feature is fresh.

Yes, that was good experiment at the current situation. if any user has less merit then it doesn't mean that they are shitposters, sometimes good posts are getting ignored and they receive less or no merit.

No, its not compulsory. Campaign managers can include anyone if they identify them as a good poster.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████