Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:58:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China's "Great Firewall" will Block Bitcoin Website  (Read 171 times)
Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:12:38 AM

I would imagine that those in China who are truly interested in the Crypto market would be able to find a way to continue to be involved, whether that is by circumventing the "firewall" or rallying their government to make the changes necessary.

If people believe that crypto is the future, then they will find a way to be involved in it, regardless of what the government do or say.

However, this does look quite FUD-y so I wouldn't pay it too much attention.

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:16:34 AM

All these Chinese news doesn't matter!!!!!!! China is trying to prevent normal people get into crypto. Even with Great Firewall, crypto enthusiasm will find a way to trade!

The main reason China is doing is because they are trying to prevent capital outflow and scams!!!!
Exactly. China is known to cause this FUD every now and then. At this point I think everyone has understood not to trust any of news coming from China, even the last time China tried to cause FUD it didn't last long and this time I hardly think it'll make a difference. Moreover the market is going bullish because of the comment from CFTC's chairman.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:19:46 AM

More and more news has come up against bitcoin and ICO nowadays,
According to the news that I read, China will use its Great Firewall to block all website that offers cryptocurrency trading and Initial Coin Offer.
Kindly check this link for reference: http://fortune.com/2018/02/05/bitcoin-china-website-ico-block-ban-firewall/

I think this is one of the major things why bitcoin keeps on falling. I hope bitcoin can survive this trial.
They are actually and already out of the business and I know that Chinese enthusiasts and investors still keep on going into cryptocurrency either they do it inside the country with the use of vpn's or they do it outside. The current plummet doesn't mean that we are all has to stop but instead it is a good start if we were late in Bitcoin before. China government may block all access inside but cannot do that outside of their territory so their security might end there. There were majority of Asian countries that are still seeing crypto as a potential investment and only few are prohibiting their countrymen to using and trading crypto's. I think it will come into something like regulating but as I have observe here in my country where ctyptocurrency is regulated by central bank we currently don't have major issues aside from KYC and putting limits to funds during cash-in and cash-out. I believe Bitcoin will survive this trial just like what had happened in the past years of struggle.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:20:10 AM

More and more news has come up against bitcoin and ICO nowadays,
According to the news that I read, China will use its Great Firewall to block all website that offers cryptocurrency trading and Initial Coin Offer.
Kindly check this link for reference: http://fortune.com/2018/02/05/bitcoin-china-website-ico-block-ban-firewall/

I think this is one of the major things why bitcoin keeps on falling. I hope bitcoin can survive this trial.

This is just a testimony that the Chinese government are not joking and that they are ready to fight the continued popularity of bitcoin by every means necessary to the extent of blocking every site that are bitcoin related this is surely a prank taken too far. The effect will be massive because assess to internet is really something that happen because the government wants it and in this case, what they are saying is that they don't want it and I am actually looking for a way out which I cannot think of.

calm down... china is just one country. It will matter very little long term if many other established 1st world countries get on the crypto train.

stop worrying about china. they are out so need to deal with that fact.

Yes, you are right. the current price decline will not last long. although china blocks bitcoin and ICO trading sites, I'm sure other countries do not follow what China does. I hope so
thaitea.deluxe

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:21:35 AM

The regulations on some country is still uncertain for the crypto market.
lets we hope china not ban crypto.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:52:04 AM

Whether it's true or not (hard to know nowadays) I think China is only hurting their own people. And it will soon become clear China's not needed at all.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: