Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:27:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: China's "Great Firewall" will Block Bitcoin Website  (Read 171 times)
silent17 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:12:20 PM

More and more news has come up against bitcoin and ICO nowadays,
According to the news that I read, China will use its Great Firewall to block all website that offers cryptocurrency trading and Initial Coin Offer.
Kindly check this link for reference: http://fortune.com/2018/02/05/bitcoin-china-website-ico-block-ban-firewall/

I think this is one of the major things why bitcoin keeps on falling. I hope bitcoin can survive this trial.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:25:30 PM

Right now it is some news among a huge shit show of other news. There has been no positive news lately and that is why markets will continue to dwindle until that narrative changes from the mainstream media. Crazy how much they influence cryptos, ugh hate it. Undecided

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:29:37 PM

china?

they are out of crypto

/end of story.

Many other countries coming onboard properly now and regulating them.

china is a big economic force but I would care more about US and EU and other long term established countries with high average per citizen wealth.

You really believe with mainstream support in many other established 1st world countries coming that china will have any further negative force on crypto?

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:30:06 PM

According to the news that I read, China will use its Great Firewall to block all website that offers cryptocurrency trading and Initial Coin Offer.
Kindly check this link for reference: http://fortune.com/2018/02/05/bitcoin-china-website-ico-block-ban-firewall/

I think this is one of the major things why bitcoin keeps on falling. I hope bitcoin can survive this trial.

This is just a testimony that the Chinese government are not joking and that they are ready to fight the continued popularity of bitcoin by every means necessary to the extent of blocking every site that are bitcoin related this is surely a prank taken too far. The effect will be massive because assess to internet is really something that happen because the government wants it and in this case, what they are saying is that they don't want it and I am actually looking for a way out which I cannot think of.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

This is just a testimony that the Chinese government are not joking and that they are ready to fight the continued popularity of bitcoin by every means necessary to the extent of blocking every site that are bitcoin related this is surely a prank taken too far. The effect will be massive because assess to internet is really something that happen because the government wants it and in this case, what they are saying is that they don't want it and I am actually looking for a way out which I cannot think of.

calm down... china is just one country. It will matter very little long term if many other established 1st world countries get on the crypto train.

stop worrying about china. they are out so need to deal with that fact.

justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:33:39 PM

Guys can you think when bitcoin overcome all these bad news, how high it will be? I can't predict the time, but $20-30K will be strong bottom in the future.

Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:38:46 PM

China is trying their best to avoid the use of cryptocurrencies and they are somehow doing it very well. From banning ICO's to now this "Great Firewall" but China's stop on bitcoin didn't cause a big effect on Bitcoin compared to the effect that it would have if it was the US or EU to have banned bitcoin. Nowadays China is anyways totally out of the crypto scenario.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:50:12 PM

I do not really care about the news about the Chinese government that incessantly keep pressing bitcoin to be stopped in the country because I think even so still people can still use bitcoin in various ways. I just wait for good news on bitcoin so bitcoin prices can recover and I avoid big losses. The day will surely come and these bleak times will surely come to an end in the near future.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

Guys can you think when bitcoin overcome all these bad news, how high it will be? I can't predict the time, but $20-30K will be strong bottom in the future.

1. It will take a lot for bitcoin to overcome these negative news,there's just too much attack on bitcoin.

2. Personally, I wish bitcoin resolves it scalability issues before it hits $20k to $30k because last time it was this high Bitcoin was practically unusable.
HitbtcSCAM

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:36:46 PM

They know about VPNs already
inusait

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:41:23 PM

So, NEO die too ?
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:16:11 AM

Im not sure what this will achieve as im sure people will find other ways and means of accessing these sites, history has shown that it is never wise to try and prevent the masses from doing what they think is their God given right.This will simple help japans economy as people will just do there trading with japans help.

ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:20:09 AM

The exchange of digital currency investment in China is not in China now!

At present, we can also invest in digital currency in China!

And the people who invest in digital money know VPN, to link the network!

Otherwise this BBS will not have Chinese!
danielwwt

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:33:40 AM

Guys, I live in China.

Here is my take.

All these Chinese news doesn't matter!!!!!!! China is trying to prevent normal people get into crypto. Even with Great Firewall, crypto enthusiasm will find a way to trade!

The main reason China is doing is because they are trying to prevent capital outflow and scams!!!!
oiucoin

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:49:59 AM

China has banned many websites, but this does not affect Chinese investors' investment because there is a VPN that can access the Internet.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:59:30 AM

China has banned many websites, but this does not affect Chinese investors' investment because there is a VPN that can access the Internet.

Yes some people will use VPN but not everyone knows or understand VPN. Definitely it will stop some people investing in crypto. Also China has a very strict government not all people in China are willing to disobey their  government. Many people will not risk of getting caught. I hope China reconsider its decision and just come up with some regulation about the crypto market.
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:02:19 AM

think China is not so influential, and many people have exaggerated China's ability. There are many reasons for the decline now, and many are not confident about bitcoin.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:02:47 AM

It is not original news even news manipulated lots China is regularising cryptocurrency they are not banning . Even they are not that fool to ban crypto currency . Because world is accepted future of money is crypto . If you research the proper methodology of creating fiat currency then no body will believe on fiat.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:07:23 AM

It will survive this trial. China hasn't contributed much trading volume for a while now. The first exchange ban saw to that. The remaining traders are the people who know how to play around regulations, and I don't think this will stop them. It certainly is a very FUD-y article though, and I'm sure it's a significant factor to the recent drops.

What will happen to Chinese miners is what I'm curious about. It doesn't look like China has good plans in store for them.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:08:20 AM

If the news are true, then it's very unfortunate for our Chinese brothers and sisters. Thank god for VPNs and proxies though.

So, NEO die too ?
If I remember it correctly, the NEO team moved out of China so this wouldn't be a problem.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:12:38 AM

I would imagine that those in China who are truly interested in the Crypto market would be able to find a way to continue to be involved, whether that is by circumventing the "firewall" or rallying their government to make the changes necessary.

If people believe that crypto is the future, then they will find a way to be involved in it, regardless of what the government do or say.

However, this does look quite FUD-y so I wouldn't pay it too much attention.

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:16:34 AM

All these Chinese news doesn't matter!!!!!!! China is trying to prevent normal people get into crypto. Even with Great Firewall, crypto enthusiasm will find a way to trade!

The main reason China is doing is because they are trying to prevent capital outflow and scams!!!!
Exactly. China is known to cause this FUD every now and then. At this point I think everyone has understood not to trust any of news coming from China, even the last time China tried to cause FUD it didn't last long and this time I hardly think it'll make a difference. Moreover the market is going bullish because of the comment from CFTC's chairman.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:19:46 AM

They are actually and already out of the business and I know that Chinese enthusiasts and investors still keep on going into cryptocurrency either they do it inside the country with the use of vpn's or they do it outside. The current plummet doesn't mean that we are all has to stop but instead it is a good start if we were late in Bitcoin before. China government may block all access inside but cannot do that outside of their territory so their security might end there. There were majority of Asian countries that are still seeing crypto as a potential investment and only few are prohibiting their countrymen to using and trading crypto's. I think it will come into something like regulating but as I have observe here in my country where ctyptocurrency is regulated by central bank we currently don't have major issues aside from KYC and putting limits to funds during cash-in and cash-out. I believe Bitcoin will survive this trial just like what had happened in the past years of struggle.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:20:10 AM

calm down... china is just one country. It will matter very little long term if many other established 1st world countries get on the crypto train.

stop worrying about china. they are out so need to deal with that fact.

Yes, you are right. the current price decline will not last long. although china blocks bitcoin and ICO trading sites, I'm sure other countries do not follow what China does. I hope so
thaitea.deluxe

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:21:35 AM

The regulations on some country is still uncertain for the crypto market.
lets we hope china not ban crypto.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:52:04 AM

Whether it's true or not (hard to know nowadays) I think China is only hurting their own people. And it will soon become clear China's not needed at all.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: