Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OFFICIAL] Garlicoin - Reddit's Garlic Bread Worshiping Currency  (Read 4812 times)
Tolgatrz

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:42:39 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 05:55:38 AM by Tolgatrz

ANN Turkish  translation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2931955.new#new

bounty adress : GXWQob5rq3YhWRwy8kgFfWGB17oKtUvcbQ

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰🆃🆁🆉
revvv

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:42:12 AM

I wonder when the developers will consider they got enough coins with their ASICS and finally proceed with the fork.

Before you take your pitchfork just hear me out:
1) They chose Scrypt-N over any other algorithm, even though they have been warned that scrypt-n is easily mineable with asics and they have been shown many Vertcoin posts (a scrypt-n coin) about people using asics.
2) When people complained about Asics, they kept saying it is just FUD, and ASICS can't and won't be able to mine scrypt-n.
3) After a reddit user posted detailed instructions and screenshots of how he is using his ASIC to mine scrypt-n, the developers said nevermind, it is just one guy, we will bump the N factor or change the algorithm.
4) After so many days, with a lot of ASICS on the network, they still do their best not to bump the N factor or use a well known developed algorithm and chose to develop their own algorithm(which of course will take a lot to develop,test and implement).

Take your own conclusion: incompetence or just buying time to make the most of their ASICS.

and now the new algo is nothing better. it wont fix the issue
ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:50:24 PM

I wonder when the developers will consider they got enough coins with their ASICS and finally proceed with the fork.

1) They chose Scrypt-N over any other algorithm, even though they have been warned that scrypt-n is easily mineable with asics and they have been shown many Vertcoin posts (a scrypt-n coin) about people using asics.
2) When people complained about Asics, they kept saying it is just FUD, and ASICS can't and won't be able to mine scrypt-n.
3) After a reddit user posted detailed instructions and screenshots of how he is using his ASIC to mine scrypt-n, the developers said nevermind, it is just one guy, we will bump the N factor or change the algorithm.
4) After so many days, with a lot of ASICS on the network, they still do their best not to bump the N factor or use a well known developed algorithm and chose to develop their own algorithm(which of course will take a lot to develop,test and implement).

Take your own conclusion: incompetence or just buying time to make the most of their ASICS.

I am mining with GPU and doing just fine while the ASICS are making garlic stronger for everyone
Get over it

poly13

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:54:45 PM

we got enough shitcoins on the market
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:58:08 PM

we got enough shitcoins on the market
Woah, thanks for the info.
Lexxon

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:16:20 AM

So, there was a change in the algorithm to stable to the asiks or not? Or are developers interested in the work of the asics?

speed254

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:29:02 AM

So, there was a change in the algorithm to stable to the asiks or not? Or are developers interested in the work of the asics?

Yes it coming up around friday 16th this month. You can find all information on discord channel for GRLC

Heres a qoute from the devs:

"After days of mulling over what algorithm to pick, we still had arguing between one or the other, increasing the N factor or Lyra2REv2. If we picked increasing the N factor, it would slow down the ASICs but they would still be an issue, plus it would adversely affect lower tier graphics cards. If we went with Lyra2REv2 we would become a target of NiceHash which would mean Garlicoin would become a haven for pump and dump schemes.

Being a community coin we wanted none of that, so we decided to explore developing our own algorithm. Nothing too complex, simply pipelining two different algorithms together. That way ASICs would be left in the dust and NiceHash wouldn't be able to support us. The algorithm that we got working just an hour ago (with CPUminer and CCminer support so far) is simply a chain of blake2s -> lyra2REv2. We call this new algorithm Allium. You can inspect the changes yourself in the following repos:"
speed254

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:40:30 AM

and now the new algo is nothing better. it wont fix the issue

My man! What would we do without u? Thats a interesting statement! Care to explain or show some proof of this?
bewmint

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:53:33 PM

Wooow!! I love that algo. Cheesy
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:08:49 PM

I've added support for the Allium algo as well, you can already test and setup your rigs but the hardfork is planned for 16.th of Feb - so no blocks (and no payouts) until then.

Pool is here:

https://grlc.suprnova.cc

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:35:39 PM

I've added support for the Allium algo as well, you can already test and setup your rigs but the hardfork is planned for 16.th of Feb - so no blocks (and no payouts) until then.

Pool is here:

Can someone from the official team post an update to this ANN OFFICIAL thread about the Feb 16 change

jelome198959

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:45:35 AM

Pool is here:

So it will be instantly ready at hard fork - no downtime? I mean we can start mining immediately at block 58671?
kansloze

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:34:47 PM

I don't get why the miner isn't working.

My bat file is looking like this, so what am I doing wrong?

ccminer.exe -a allium -o stratum+tcp://grlc.suprnova.cc:8600 -u username.Miner1 -p x
Toxic1234

Activity: 166

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:41:08 AM

ccminer.exe -a allium -o stratum+tcp://grlc.suprnova.cc:8600 -u username.Miner1 -p x

Latest miner https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Here is my bat
ccminer-x64 -q -a allium -o stratum+tcp://grlc.suprnova.cc:8600 -u XXXXXX.user -p x
pause

Dont forget to update you miner in my account/my worker (suprnova)

Quordant

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:27:45 AM

Latest miner https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Here is my bat
ccminer-x64 -q -a allium -o stratum+tcp://grlc.suprnova.cc:8600 -u XXXXXX.user -p x
pause

Dont forget to update you miner in my account/my worker (suprnova)

I'm getting "Unknown algo parameter 'allium'" when I try this
jelome198959

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:16:40 AM

People buying like crazy now before the fork. That 200% pump was fun but looks like it's over now.
tolyasan

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:42:36 AM

What do you mean by 'ASIC resistant'?
emrgohff

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:01:39 PM

Where "Allium" for CPU?