Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:15:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: solo mining LTC  (Read 555 times)
yosaji (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:03:32 PM

Hi all,

I read this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83371.180) and I have the same (newbie?) question as Italo Hanzer: my Litecoin-Qt (0.6.9.2) does not have a "MINING" tab. I read that this was removed by the developers due to solo/cpu mining becoming harder but does it mean that the procedure described in the first post of that thread by Vorksholk does not work any more, or only not on that version, or something else? Further complication, the mandatory upgrade to 0.8.x
I ask because I left my rig "solo mining" for the weekend and on monday morning cgminer had A:1 but the coins were never added to my wallet... Huh
vaio127

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:23:40 PM

Odds are you weren't able to find a block by yourself, and thus didn't get a payout.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:31:50 AM

Hi all,

I read this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83371.180) and I have the same (newbie?) question as Italo Hanzer: my Litecoin-Qt (0.6.9.2) does not have a "MINING" tab. I read that this was removed by the developers due to solo/cpu mining becoming harder but does it mean that the procedure described in the first post of that thread by Vorksholk does not work any more, or only not on that version, or something else? Further complication, the mandatory upgrade to 0.8.x
I ask because I left my rig "solo mining" for the weekend and on monday morning cgminer had A:1 but the coins were never added to my wallet... Huh

It would be better for you to join a pool. It is tough to solomine unless you have a high hashrate.
yosaji (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:10:13 PM

Odds are you weren't able to find a block by yourself, and thus didn't get a payout.
I get that, but then why would cgminer show A:1 (not rejected, not stale, but accepted) ?
yosaji (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 02:27:41 PM

It would be better for you to join a pool. It is tough to solomine unless you have a high hashrate.

I DO mine in a pool, my original question is if it technically possible to do that or if something in Litecoin-QT 0.6.9.2 prevents solo mining anymore?

Besides I have received @25 LTC for the time I have been pool mining, while stats show my workers have discovered two blocks for my pool. I know there's luck involved, but it still made me wonder Wink
acebmxer2

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:14:06 PM

If you don't have big mining rig solo mining is risky for you. So, start pool mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: