Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:15:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I bought on all time high  (Read 12954 times)
Andrene

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:13:45 PM

Well we all did mistakes in trading. You just captured your investment for a longer period of time if we speak about earnings.
You just need to wait longer for earn some profit and that's all. If you sell it low, you lose. Very simple.
I have captured my investment few times, but never sold low. That's why I have profits.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:37:10 PM

You shouldn't buy coins because of FOMO, if you missed the train - you missed the train. There is no point in running to catch it.
Which coin did you buy at ATH? You can stoploss or hold to new ATH (if it is a good coin) Cheesy
It doesn't matter which one, you don't buy coins at ATH  Grin
It is first rule of trading.
Maybe you need to be patient hold the coin for a long time in order to generate a profit. don't get too panicked about the issue price of the coin because if you panic thus will lose out.
I don't think OP has much choice, either he will hold for long time and wait to recover or he can sell and lose money.
beebee187

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:08:18 PM

Don't worry be happy! With patience, your coins will see new all time highs. Everything was down recently, and looks to be rebounding now.

Tanhdoit

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:21:22 PM

Just hold. Bitcoin is going through a bad cycle right now... this is usually the 1st quarter of the year so yea. Happens every year... Look on the bright side, the 2nd quarter will be explosive! You only lose if you sell, remember that. Next time instead of going all in spread your entries.
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

I hate my life so much right now xD

Who else bought on ATH?  Huh
do not regret buying bitcoin or altcoin at ATH. it makes you lose. keep patience for sure price will come back. even it could be higher. this has already happened in 2x chart which has the same pattern. so keep patient guys
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:12:07 PM

you did not mention what you bought ATH. If it is btc then just relax and hodl it will come back to the price you bought for sure.

And yes I have bought on all-time high some alt coins but I believed in those coins so I applied the averaging out strategy on them and kept on buying them when there was a dip. you can follow the same strategy if you believe in the fundamentals of the coin you invested.
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:19:21 PM

Hodl on. Don't panic sell. I made that mistake yesterday when I could not hold on any longer. I still have some that I bought when the price was unbelievably high. I'm trying now to forget about it for maybe one month and focus on getting other cryptocurrencies. I've been in this situation before, but now I've learnt to be patient.
Hodl on, buddy  Wink

Rano

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:31:29 PM

I invested in many ICOs when ETH was at ATH about 1200-1300$ worth. This feels bad, since most coins started at the same price +-10% of ICO on the market.
But because ETH is down almost 40% now, my ETH is also worth less. I'm going to hodl and wait for it to get the past 1500$ mark.
So what I want to say is, that you are not alone and there were many others (especially newcomers, who jumped on the train due to the hype), who bought at ATH.
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:00:51 PM

poor you. Have you sold your coin yet ? If I were you, I would have sold all of my coins in order to buy them again with the cheaper price. Well, if you are a long term investor, I believe that there is nothing need to be scared in this situation because I always know that the price of all coin will go up again
ArmaDildo

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

I got a few coins from the highest price, I think the most logical choice will be to wait a long time because i think that the market will be back

samasas

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:32:05 PM

Don't worry be happy! With patience, your coins will see new all time highs. Everything was down recently, and looks to be rebounding now.

It depends on the coin. If it has good community support, like the Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash or Ethereum, then the price will rise eventually.
buboyskie

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:40:22 PM

I made the mistake of buying bitcoin when it was at $ 8500. Only after one day bitcoin has dropped to $ 6100 and I was very disappointed to invest all my money at that time.
My friend guessed that bitcoin would cost $ 6000 and advised me to wait. But I did not do that, I did not listen to my friend's advice and suffered a capital loss. It gives me experience that, please be patient and the best will come.

Come on. It's not a mistake because can you predict Bitcoin price? When it will moon or when it will gets dipped? As long as Bitcoin price is not more than $50k it still good to buy Bitcoin it means we are not still late. The goal we have here is to increase the size of our Bitcoin, do not just look on USD value because it will affect your mindset on trading.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:45:02 PM

Most of new comers and amateur traders buy at high price mostly, i also do such mistakes sometime out of excitement, but the golden rule to be followed is always buy low and sell high, secondly we should not get in to FOMO or we will face loss like majority of investors are facing at the moment.

Niels8787

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:30:15 PM

I bought also a lot of coins when bitcoin was +14.000.

I bought mostly ltc, eth and bitcoin.
Also ada, neo, ven, xvg, xrp, xlm, dash, eos, iota, qtum, snt, trx, xmr.
darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:50:22 PM

It ok everyone in past bought at the ATH, so just wait until new ATH
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:58:20 PM

LOL. Don't worry you're not alone cause there are also a lot of traders and holders bought ATH like you. If the coin you bought ATH has good potential in the future I think you should hold it to wait until that coin reach to a new peak, but if it don't I think you should cut your loss cause I think there will be no chance for it to recover after this huge dump if it's just a shitcoin

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:59:31 PM

Who else bought on ATH?  Huh

Dude, don't be like that. Yes, that is one of the shittiest things that could happen in a person in this kind of industry but that is not the end of the world. You can't do anything about it but to learn some valuable experience from it. Never forget the feeling that you are having right now because that will remind you to take extra precautions in doing trades in any kind of market especially the ones that already has gone up. Just hodl it and never sell for a loss. It is just a paperloss and the recovery from it is very possible.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:06:21 PM

I made MANY ATH purchases...when...
...ANT/NEO was at $7, again at $15, at $35
...ICX was $2.17
...VEN was $0.22
...etc,

I also bought many that is not in their ATH but lost 75% their value. Smiley

I do not regret them, never hated myself either when they went lower.  Look at the bright future ahead (real or imagined), it is better that way. Smiley
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:07:38 PM

I could guarantee you almost everyone here has bought something at ATH. Just a matter of what and volume! hahahah Be easy on yourself.
HODL!
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

I have read similar threads on at least 6 occasions all months apart. Every time a couple months later we are at new all time highs. SEC news was really bullish just have to wait it out, nothing worse then selling at a loss and then seeing the price 10x half a year later.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: