Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 01:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What we need to check before investing in ico?  (Read 1515 times)
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2072
Merit: 165

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:50:34 AM

I would think it all should start with the realization that every ICO is basically one big gamble. Even ICO's with great teams, workings products and all those important things can still fail. Also, not everyone is interested in a long term relation with the product. Most are just in it for the short winnings. Even crap ICO's with massive hype are still able to give massive ROI.

Not to say that every ICO will be worth the investment, but some that one would certainly rule out when using factors mentioned before can still be a huge gold mine when you are in it for the $$$ (and I think most are).
I agree that people should know that ico is a one big gamble. One should be very careful in investing in ICO because there are a lot of scammers around the place. We are talking about money here, investing your money and hoping it'll gain is a very big risk for us to take. I'm not telling everyone to stop investing, it is actually a good thing that people are investing because the higher the investment,the higher the profit gross of the company. therefore,your investment as well will gain big amount of profit. Users should choose an ico that they believe will worth investing for.

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1142

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:58:06 AM

I would think it all should start with the realization that every ICO is basically one big gamble. Even ICO's with great teams, workings products and all those important things can still fail. Also, not everyone is interested in a long term relation with the product. Most are just in it for the short winnings. Even crap ICO's with massive hype are still able to give massive ROI.

Not to say that every ICO will be worth the investment, but some that one would certainly rule out when using factors mentioned before can still be a huge gold mine when you are in it for the $$$ (and I think most are).

I think this is the real reason why people join in cryptocurrency specially ico.
They like to win and bring alot of money home. No one here want to spend money without getting income.
Its true that all of mention can be the 100% factor which make the ico success but at least we do research to reduce the risk. In gamble you can not reduce the risk although you doing research.
ICO investment and pure gambling might have some similarities since both things do have risk on losing money but i do agree on the fact that ICO investments is much more worth to risk since we can able to suppress the risk on losing money if do know on the things we must supposed to do which is "research". I cant argue that majority see with these investment are just really good for short time profits not tending on going for long term. There might be some projects that are good for long term but they are only few in numbers.

Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

We need to review the information of the ico team in advance, and we need to know what the ico team is doing, and whether there are any fund companies and high-quality venture capital investment ico.

BigDig

Activity: 277
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:20:07 PM

First of all, I pay attention to the development team. The majority had projects before and it is always possible to find out how well they passed. Past successes do not guarantee anything, but they certainly have more information than a roadmap and whitepaper.
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:09:34 PM

ICO investment and pure gambling might have some similarities since both things do have risk on losing money but i do agree on the fact that ICO investments is much more worth to risk since we can able to suppress the risk on losing money if do know on the things we must supposed to do which is "research". I cant argue that majority see with these investment are just really good for short time profits not tending on going for long term. There might be some projects that are good for long term but they are only few in numbers.

Agree. Because the number of good long term project in ico is not so many, so its more difficult to choose which one is worth for long term.
Like you say, mostly is for short term. Because it will involve higher risk if we hold for long term.

Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:35:16 PM

We definitely have to focus on the team for sure. Two ico’s I’m planning to participate in are Dock and TomoCoin. Although there is a lot of hype around both projects, the expertise and experience of both teams is what stood out the most. If you are a serious investors and mature enough to see the long term goal, you can’t go wrong with either Dock or TomoCoin, because the team is what matters most when deciding on an ico to invest in.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 547

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 02:39:17 PM

in my opinion, you better understand the profile of the team and the developer
because every project, controlled by team and developer
it's good we know them first
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1199

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:04:55 PM

It's vital to check everything you can about the project ifself , from team , product , market , CEO , whitepaper , roadmap etc. Every info can be crucial for an investor if they don't fully understand in what are they investing. For me right now Aitheon and LYMPO are my next investments for reasons as robots are a real thing and they can't be ignore anymore and for lympo sports must be a priority for every single one of us.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:10:46 PM

It's vital to check everything you can about the project ifself , from team , product , market , CEO , whitepaper , roadmap etc. Every info can be crucial for an investor if they don't fully understand in what are they investing. For me right now Aitheon and LYMPO are my next investments for reasons as robots are a real thing and they can't be ignore anymore and for lympo sports must be a priority for every single one of us.

Theres a lot of ico project that have a good roadmap but in the end this project turn to scam or dont do any actian to promote their project.
Before investing in any ico project make sure that the project have a good Developer why? Because this is important in any project dont invest to project that promise you can get a good return.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:16:30 PM

thing to consider when investing In an ICO include ; the team- check if the team is a reliable one, how well have they performed in past project and how successful is the projects they handled.
also check the white paper for the set goals , the projects prospectus to be sure it is a promising one.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:35:58 PM

Hello everybody,

I know mostly people here know what they need to do before investing in any ico but there are still many people ask the same question in different thread specially newbie. They get the answer but in several post which maybe make them a little confusing.

I am not an expert but i could put what i know here. All i know is from reading here in the forum.

Well just start, everything you need to research and make sure before investing in ico project wheater the ico has :

* working product
* Unique or good idea/solution for existing problem or future problem.
* Strong team behind the project
* Strong planning and marketing ability
* Partnerships with reputed company
* good whitepaper and roadmap too
* experience advisor

Edited :
* make sure the idea is different with the exist ico or the old project
* check the supply of the token because it cause the price run

From all mention above, i have 1 thing that is most important in my opinion. That is  ico should have working product because working product can lead the ico would be success ( not 100% success but mostly success ).
Maybe this thread will help you to find working product ico : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2451482.0

After you do research about above things, you can check the rating and other detail in below website :

* Icobench.com
* Icorating.com
* Icobazaar.com
* Icoscanner.io

Other source to check popularity of the project is youtube and also this forum.

I know its not complete but i hope it can help member who need it.

Note : your suggestion is appreciate to add the detail above.

Thank you
All of the imporant things are already mentioned above,this are the most common things that we need to check before investing in any ICOs to lessen the risk of investing to such scammy ICOs and projects,we should be vigillant everytime we are going to invest because there are thousands of ICOs that came from nowhere and these are mostly scams.

Bryan13

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:37:18 PM

Well before we invest in some ico project we need to be careful to our moves because theres a lot of ico project that turn to scam and earn a huge amount of money, checking the ico project background will help to you to indentify if the project have a potential to shine or boom in the market always look for project goal and dont be trust for some project that promising you can earn a huge profit.
Kkhoailang

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:41:32 PM

Currently many ICOs are out side and there are 50%-50% is scam.
Investors should bear in mind following key elements discussed in this post to avoid throw money through the window.

1. Team Composition
2. Bitcointalk.org Thread
3. Stage of the project and VC investments
4. Community and Media
5. What do they need the token for? Is the blockchain necessary?
6. Unlimited / Hard cap
7. Token distribution – when and how
8. Evaluating the Whitepaper
9. Quality of the code – Meet Github
10. The Bottom Line

here is my ICOs invest keys experiences... feel free to advice me your idea
nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

You have already put the most important things to check before investing to these ICOs,but you should check the reviews of the community about the ICOs so you can confirm if this ICOs is a worthy investment,the voice of the people will always tell the truth.

wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:52:39 PM

You have already put the most important things to check before investing to these ICOs,but you should check the reviews of the community about the ICOs so you can confirm if this ICOs is a worthy investment,the voice of the people will always tell the truth.
This is good inputs we should always check the feedback of Ico if this is worth investing. Also if the Ico existence already have the product, and good roadmap these could really help us in choosing worth Ico.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

is there a particular way to figure out which ICO is a scam? a friend of mine invested recently and his money gone in a black hole  Grin

no, in crypto currency world or even in real currency everything is a gamble. Should you research everything about ico before investing.
Alaira

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:12:14 PM

Before invest i always read their whitepaper, the team behind them like Bob Repair, McAfee and the project. I think those 3 kinds are really important to know before investing

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
ukr2net

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:14:14 PM

I think The most important thing in ico is to check team and location address.
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:23:13 PM

I believe that you cannot say if the ICO is the best,but if it has a support and big community to support the project for sure it will be successful.Legalities is given but it still depends on the back up at the same time on the will of the developers if they really want to pursue their project.In other words nobody can say if the ICO is legit or no.

Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:27:04 PM

Of course, we have to check first because we don't to be get scammed and our hard-earned will be wasted.
Spending time to research what is the best ICO over the other is really painful in the ass but will offer you reward if you could invest in one of the good ICOs.
Earning Crypto is the best thing happened into my life so I am thankful that I knew this kind of earning before it's too late and while it's just starting off.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: