Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You've been scammed. What you can do ?  (Read 1290 times)
Olrac

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:59:40 PM

I have been scammed before by someone named Rajesh, it through social media and I was referred by a friend. Little did we know that we joined a scam. First thing that happened was, they let me invest an amount and promised that it will doubled quick because a lot investors are present. At first, I'm receiving my profit for like 2-3 days but after that my investment is no longer earning and it cointinously deducted little by little.
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:04:00 PM

of course yes surrender is because it is also our own mistakes that are less careful in doing anything like investment. especially if you invest in ICO, if we are not careful and we are careful of course it will make the impact of losses in the token of a scam

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:10:06 PM

Not much really. Even the police in most country is still not that keen on tracing cybercrime. At least with bitcoins it's possible to follow the money trail but that won't assure you anything. For example, the person could have already cashed out. Or worse he could have had it mixed and converted to other currencies and moved multiple times.

If it's straight cashed out via exchange, there may be hope though I guess only the unseasoned would do that.
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:24:11 AM

Retrieving what you lost from the scam companies online would be very impossible like online investments. But still, I highly encouraged that you report it to authorities because cybercrime division can take a look and see if there's a pattern to their activities and catch these criminals.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:28:18 AM

So everything is in the title.
What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.

If i've been scammed I want to find a way to get back my account because it is very important to me because when bitcoin came to me my life becomes better. If there's no chance that it will come back I tell the moderator to banned that account so that no one can get benefit to it. You can only be scam if you trust other people.
panukurap

Activity: 486

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:40:29 AM

Nothing, we can do if it has been deceived, but it can be used as a lesson for the future to be more careful again, better forget it and keep on going, to work better.

AdoboCandies

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:52:12 AM

If you have scammed i think its impossible to get the money but the person who scam you might be imprisoned if you know him but being scammed will teach you a lesson to be careful and remove your carelessness in doing some transactions or in investing in something, but to avoid it is have some knowledge on some scam sites like ponzi schemes and avoid participating in it and most of all know the people you are talking in the social media world.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:57:56 AM

It mostly depends on the situation and what you exactly mean. Bitcoin transactions are irreversible so if the scammer run away with your bitcoins then there is nothing you can do beside reporting him on bitcointalk in case he's registered here and report it to the police but you would have to have his real information. Usually when people trade here, they don't expose their identity. Never trade with lower ranks, if you do - don't use PayPal or hire an escrow which will take some % of the transaction but certainly the whole trade will be much safer.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
enwi

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 06:58:48 AM

there's probably nothing I can do because before being in bitcoin I've been looking for information about possible risks and I'm ready with those risks so I should be able to deal with them

boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:07:54 AM

If you have been scammed what you need to do is to keep calm and control your emotions. Yes it is very frustrating if you were been scam how matter the amount but the trauma and the depression it can bring to us is the most matters. So better to keep calm and control the emotions to avoid additional problems due to not so good emotional state of our mind. The next thing to do is to accept the fact that you were already scammed. Acceptance is the virtue in every mistakes that we will encounter if you will do this, automatically our mind will never do the same mistakes ever again. 
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:10:47 AM

There is really little to nothing you can do whenever you are scammed. Reporting it to the authorities is just a formality specially when dealing with internet scams. The best thing you can do is learn from your mistake and grow from it. Next time be careful when dealing with money to avoid being scammed.
vanedwap

Activity: 560
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:20:20 AM

What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.

well you have nothing to do with the scammers once you get scammed you will never recover your funds on the hand of scammers specially if you dont know their identity

KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:27:06 AM

If you are just investing in your place then it will good for you because you can ask the help of the authorities to arrest the people who faclilitate it and win justice but mostly your money will never be return to you because they might already hide it. Then if you have been scammed thru internet site then there is nothing you can do but to charge it to your experiences and learned from it because that is the most difficult situation in which you invest to that site like fake ICO with the true identities of the facilitators are unknown. So better to review carefully the investing sites to avoid to become a victim.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
CryptoCZe

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:30:13 AM

Depends on the situation, and on whether my money was transferred
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:30:44 AM

Bitcoin is in still gray zone in most countries all around the world. So even if you alert authorities there isn't much you can do, I am pretty sure there is serious lack of knowledge about cryptocurrencies at police department.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
ampsec_

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:32:02 AM

it depends but almost all scenarios you cant recover what they scam to you
Xhero

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:35:34 AM

First of all, I feel sorry for your experience. I think if your currency is cheated, then you can find it difficult to get it back. We can give you some suggestions. You can send your cheated experience to some public platforms. Do it with everyone's suggestions.
fipper

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:36:43 AM

do you mean to be fooled by what, if you mean bitcoin of course I do not feel cheated if my investment with bitcoin is very profitable for me
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:40:39 AM

First, i don't think you can report bitcoin scam since bitcoin doesn't regulated by law and there is no proof of you've being scammed other than your transactions tx. However what prove can you report to police or authorities that you've been scammed? You can report them to authorities if there are proof or if you sign some contract from some HYIP coins like Bitcon*ect, etc because as i know they even have some Head office in some countries which being shutted down now by authorities.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:47:42 AM

there is not much we can do when getting a scam investment. especially investment in ico. this case of course will be different from the real world. instead of reporting to the authorities, but in the virtual world? who can we rely on in cases such as fraud.
all we can do is to tell the community not to get caught in the same fraud case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: