Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You've been scammed. What you can do ?  (Read 1293 times)
ekdahlswart

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:22:45 PM

We can't do anything again, so just give up and try not to make the same mistake in the future.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:27:54 PM

So everything is in the title.
What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.

There are various kinds of scams. It depends on the kind, or probably on the gravity of the particular scam whether your funds will still be recovered or not. There were scams involving Bitcoin in the past wherein the amount reached millions of dollars. I think with this huge amount, the possibility that your funds will be recovered is very slim. So you simply have to let the culprit answer to the law for their activities.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:37:39 PM

What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.

Well, I don't think that you have a chance to recover your funds. It is already your responsibility and your own fault no one is to be blame about it.
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 02:47:27 PM

if you get scammed by other people lets put the scenario you made a peer to peer transaction to a bitcoin seller then he/she scammed you
1. thing you need to do is don't panic gather some proofs of being scam like messages and conversation that you legitimately transact with that person.
2. Get all the transaction information like TXN or the transaction ID.
3. Report it to authorities report the person to blotter it in the police and then inform others to be aware.

instead of getting angry make legal and ethical action first that might help you and always remember it's no ones fault it's your fault you easily fooled and last learn the lesson.
before making transactions or any crypto transfers make sure you know the person you are transacting to.

sd
handini

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:53:57 PM

It is hard to do something in the internet if you don't know the person who spam of you. A lot of spams happened in the last few years but only a little of them been catched.
it is difficult to complain all over the internet, as far as I know if you get cheated on the internet is difficult to solve. so we can only be patient and bemoan our fate like this
ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:00:50 PM

if you get scammed by other people lets put the scenario you made a peer to peer transaction to a bitcoin seller then he/she scammed you
1. thing you need to do is don't panic gather some proofs of being scam like messages and conversation that you legitimately transact with that person.
2. Get all the transaction information like TXN or the transaction ID.
3. Report it to authorities report the person to blotter it in the police and then inform others to be aware.

instead of getting angry make legal and ethical action first that might help you and always remember it's no ones fault it's your fault you easily fooled and last learn the lesson.
before making transactions or any crypto transfers make sure you know the person you are transacting to.
This is all good advice and all, but it probably isn't helping. This whole market is like the wild west still, there are barely any regulations and if you get hacked or scammed there is almost nothing to be done.

Dele2018

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 03:02:21 PM

That's a real serious situation,what you can do is change your password and make sure your device is virus free,there not really much you can do after it has happened.
Prabusiliwangi

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:02:32 PM

If you are deceived and lose some money for example from online transactions, I do not think there is any way to get your money back. But from that point take the lessons do not trust everyone you meet on the internet, even though he already has a good reputation. Because crime is not because of intention, but because there is a chance. It applies to people who are considered good and have a good reputation. Because some people are risking reputation just because of money. Thank you
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:06:47 PM

If you got scammed in the crypto and you don't really know the person behind it then there is nothing you could do.
The only thing to do is to move on and forget about it and try to earn again.

faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:12:53 PM

Just simply don't expect that something would come back from your investment, if something is confirmed to be a scam it would be hard to see a developer to return something for you. The developer would suddenly disappear and the identity would surely vanish. Thus, before getting to a project be sure that you are engage with a good and legit team.
Exte

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:17:04 PM

For me, there's nothing you can do here. The maximum that can be done in this situation is to write that the person is a fraudster, on those or other sites or forums. The real police will not give you money back.

LaneAxis
⇐ ● The FUTURE of Trucking and Freight Supply Chain ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○
Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:19:11 PM

Everything is possible to happen so if you have been scammed you can try and try until you got what you want.You do not have to stop when you are not able to get what you want.Just continue on trying and trying until you succeed.
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:27:23 PM

So, the first thing I have to do is call out Lauda or the others DT1/2 members on the Scam Accusation(s) child board to tag the scammer if only I were scammed in this forum. For recovering my funds, I have no ideas what I'm going to do except punish the scammer.
EDIT: Is it the right place to post this thing on Bitcoin Discussion?
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:31:16 PM

Yeah,  everything and every bad thing is almost in the title itself, if i am been scammed by some campaign and other people,  i will be disappointed because they make you fool out of this and they are making all your effort put on to them and atlast they will scammed you.  I will never join that campaign again and i will never interested with that people ever again.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:33:42 PM

If we get scammed alone, we don't have power to get back what we lost since this crypto world is so dark. Hard to get back what we've lost.
But if we get scamed in a group of ppl, i think we still had a chance to find out who scammed us
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:38:15 PM

I got scammed by Gainbitcoin mining fraud. The organiser of this scam Amit bharadwaj was arrested in Bangkok but these is no way to get the money back.
SO Its really difficult and nearly impossible to get your money back one you are cheated by online scam.
money_amount

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:50:00 PM

For me, these are lessons that I can avoid. I realized that I had stepped into the investment market, so we should not trust anyone, do what we think is right.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:00:47 PM

if I am deceived other than to report the police maybe all I can do is resign for not doing much, if my revenge can not solve the problem, then the best way is to surrender to God hopefully the god who reply to his deeds
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:15:22 PM

We can do warn everyone in our community. We should learn from the past and don't do the same false again. Analysis the problem, and never blame someone. Actually, it's simple but many people did the wrong step because most of them focus on the cause of the problem. Suppose you are bitten by a snake, then what will you do? Maybe you will blame and judge the snake, or you will catch and kill it? No man, what should you do if you have to get rid of the snake, then you must immediately treat or healing the poison from the snake, DON'T focus too vengeance and kill the snake! If you do that, yes maybe you will be satisfied but you will sick and died of it? which one would you choose? Let the snake go away and you heal yourself immediately or you can be satisfied because you kill the snake and you will die after it?
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:16:34 PM

It never happened to me , but if happens I never been trust easily .And always think many times and ask and research to those people who has knowledge about it .So it wont happened again.  I will also report his or her account to know that person . And never happened again to someone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: