Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earning MERIT  (Read 350 times)
millionaireshs (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:33:54 PM

Certain changes happened in ranking, this new MERIT system.

I am just confused on how can we get MERIT and who can give us that merit? Is there any responsible individual in giving merit??

I heard about giving your MERIT to others, is there any effect to the one who gives?

How much is the needed MERIT to ranked up?? Does our Activity matters still??

I hope you can share your knowledge about this changes. Thanks!
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:36:08 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 08:50:51 PM by iasenko

Check this post it will answer most of your questions:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
Extra info about the Merit,Activity, Trust point system:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2534500.0
Here is something useful:
Infographic - Merit & new rank requirements, all the credit goes to 8Habits:
Link to the original thread.

Image loading...

rin992014

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:08:14 AM

thank senko for this issue
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:48:08 AM

Thank you for that information,I hope everybody will understand what merits system and how we can rank up through constructive post and earning a merit.Everybody get confused on it and by following their rules ,I know we should learn more.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:53:30 AM

thank senko for this issue

You don't need to say "thanks" anymore - just leave merit.

Don't have any sMerit to leave?  Well then no one cares about your opinion.   Tongue  

(I'm so bad)

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:40:59 AM
Merited by creamy08 (1)

Asking the same question again and again,couldn't you people just explore things here in the forum? Everything you people ask is already in here,answered countless times.
Stop asking the same question and stop complaining as well.
Go with the flow and live with it.

(I hate spoonfeeding)

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
h55

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:14:32 PM

I am just confused on how can we get MERIT and who can give us that merit? Is there any responsible individual in giving merit??

I heard about giving your MERIT to others, is there any effect to the one who gives?

I study about smerit for someday! one of the experience members told me: only write the useful thing and help other people. I decide to do this. so if you want to get merits:
1- do not copy paste from other where
2- write useful contents.
3- help other members
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:32:22 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 12:49:33 PM by iasenko

Asking the same question again and again,couldn't you people just explore things here in the forum? Everything you people ask is already in here,answered countless times.

I already open a new topic with suggestion to the admin and mods, how to end this problem or reduce the effect at least, but I doubt that people will agree with me.
you can see it here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2901866.0
The new merit threads are like merit farms, everyone is trying to answer first and whoever gets some points the others start complaining about how unfair is everything, or the newbies start answering the OP 100 times in a hope for some merit.

Sharcade02

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:43:16 PM

I already open a new topic with suggestion to the admin and mods, how to end this problem or reduce the effect at least, but I doubt that people will agree with me.
The new merit threads are like merit farms, everyone is trying to answer first and whoever gets some points the others start complaining about how unfair is everything, or the newbies start answering he OP 100 times in a hope for some merit.

LOL. This has been the trend this past few weeks since the insertion of the Merit System. A lot of asking, answering, begging, complaining, in Meta hoping to fish-out some merits. Threads asking for help about their accounts are now being overwhelmed.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 12:46:41 PM

I'm starting to get PMs asking me to evaluate posts. I don't respond or look at the posts, and I am considering adding them to by merit beggars gallery.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 12:49:04 PM

I'm starting to get PMs asking me to evaluate posts. I don't respond or look at the posts, and I am considering adding them to by merit beggars gallery.

Anyone asking or begging another user/merit source for meriting their posts is tagworthy. I suggest you start keeping notes on who these people are and/or report that to Lauda for their opinion on this.

AFAIK asking for merit is looked down upon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
greatfariola

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

I study about smerit for someday! one of the experience members told me: only write the useful thing and help other people. I decide to do this. so if you want to get merits:
1- do not copy paste from other where
2- write useful contents.
3- help other members

it all still boils down to the generosity of the high ranking member at the time he reads your post. You may pour all your effort on making a single post as unique and as possible and not get a single merit.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:08:07 PM

Anyone asking or begging another user/merit source for meriting their posts is tagworthy. I suggest you start keeping notes on who these people are and/or report that to Lauda for their opinion on this.

They aren't asking directly for merit. They ask me to review their posts, and I'm ambivalent about this. How can you tell if a persion is trying to get merits, or if it is a genuine request for advice about posting?

For example - How do you interpret my post about my awarding sMerit. It was intended to give me some guidelines about the general forum attitude to their use, but some may misunderstand my motives. The attitude to merit awards seems to be pretty mixed. I'll probably go my own way, but I can be influenced by good logic. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Diwrecktor29

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:16:55 PM

They aren't asking directly for merit. They ask me to review their posts, and I'm ambivalent about this. How can you tell if a persion is trying to get merits, or if it is a genuine request for advice about posting?

For example - How do you interpret my post about my awarding sMerit. It was intended to give me some guidelines about the general forum attitude to their use, but some may misunderstand my motives. The attitude to merit awards seems to be pretty mixed. I'll probably go my own way, but I can be influenced by good logic. Smiley

Asking and Begging wouldn't be good in any way (I'd say let them earn naturally). Don't know but I am seeing threads "trying hard" to impress Merit sources hoping to get some merits forgetting the thing called "Discussion". They will lay down facts which I think they have Googled letting the readers guess what's the discussion all about then the whole thread will became a rubbish megathread.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:20:30 PM

You have to decide that on your own if the person is begging for merits or if they are genuinely is need for reviewing of their posts.

I have read it. However I am very conservative about whom I am distributing merits too. I agree that there is a mixed reaction to the merit system and thus we have to give it some time for the dust to settle before coming to any conclusion about "meriting" posts.

As a general rule I merit those posts which I find as quality content which are helping others and adding more meaning to the discussion while being "engaging" and sometimes "entertaining"(if you get my idea  Grin)

A lot of professional answer there are detailed links, I have opened to view it. The new rules or forums better, I will slowly adapt.
Yeah and shitposting like this will not get you any merits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:44:56 PM

The new merit threads are like merit farms, everyone is trying to answer first and whoever gets some points the others start complaining about how unfair is everything, or the newbies start answering the OP 100 times in a hope for some merit.

We can't do nothing to stop the same question again and again unless everyone is aware to the new merit system.

Repeating questions are normal specially when the new given system was fresh. If we use your suggestion I think it will become more complicated as what we can see in merit system. Although your idea was good I think it is not applicable in this moment.
Xtez

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

Arabic Translation. Pm me

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:17:26 PM

This was perfect for information on merits.

Check this post it will answer most of your questions:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
Extra info about the Merit,Activity, Trust point system:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2534500.0
Here is something useful:
Infographic - Merit & new rank requirements, all the credit goes to 8Habits:
Link to the original thread.

---Looking for new Campaign---
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: