Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:39:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which strategy do you have for taking profits?  (Read 756 times)
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:50:40 AM

I take profit in usdt and or fiat, I sell all the way up, this I call the ladder sell, it has to do with gradually selling as price goes up, in case of price drops, such that one will still have the opportunity and fiat to buy back and same way down

This is quite interesting, I was thinking of something like that as well.  What I did was buy a coin at small amounts weekly, and than one day if it jumps, and I need the money, I cash out some.  I'm always afraid if I sell, I won't get it for cheaper, but I like this ladder style.

You can say it strategies but it is actually planning to make strategies if you have knowledge of any source then you can apply your knowledge by making proper plans according to present conditions will make your profit confirmed. In this current market the decisions we have to make is to proceed for further coins which are the Bitcoins if we buy in large quantity then we will get good returns of it in high market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:42:27 AM

Cool. You did it right.
I always remember what people use to say here. Never put it in just one basket.
Have the same idea. Profits will go to a trusted ICO. Pick one everytime a profit came and try to circulate it again to another afterwards.
It is not perfect, there are some flaws but it is a good strategy cause I already felt the goods it gave.
Now, is just a time to wait because we all know that every coin and token dropped in value.

Yes thats the way to make a profit in ico's there are such more making a profit in ico's not only joining bounty campaigns and never put it in just one basket.
In my opinion, the campaign for profitability should hold them for a long time. For the duration of your hold, you can choose to sell at the most reasonable price, which will make your coin grow and they will go to the moon by the end of the year.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 09:49:58 AM

When my portfolio has risen about 50% i take out 10%. (5% in euro wallet and 5% in new ICO's)
Well this is a good strategy. You are holding I think and you don't do day trading.

Since this is trading discussion, what I will share is my strategy in trading. Since I'm doing scalping, I only make my trade when I got 1% profit already then I will find for another coin again. In this way, you can get more profit but on the other hand, it will be more risky and stressful.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:39:45 AM

When my portfolio has risen about 50% i take out 10%. (5% in euro wallet and 5% in new ICO's)
So you take out about 10% or so and then you leave the rest (which is about 40%+)? No, I can’t do that kind of thing. It would be much better if you take out 40% and leave the remaining 10%,which is what you continue with. Well, we all have our own strategies that we trade with, if that’s really how you’re okay with trading, then you can continue with it.
Moxivuki

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM

My strategy has never changed!
1. When I earn more than 20% of the cryptocurrency, sell them!
2. When I lose more than 20% of the cryptocurrency, sell them!
3. When the market as a whole falls, convert all the altcoins into USDT or Bitcoin for preservation!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
tadpole_bitfrog

Activity: 464

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:36:37 AM

That is just theory and I think it will be difficult to do. To get the absolute profit, you should set a profit target before investing. When buying altcoins, you should place the correct order with your target. Do not let greed make your portfolio go down. Wink

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Bitcoinstein

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 11:06:12 AM

Just plan your trade - and trade your plan.

The strategy is your plan for how to win this war. You can describe it before you got a clear goal.  Huh
Therefore it would be wiser to start from the end-point (your personal goal) and start analyzing you think realistically you can achieve it, knowing the current volatility and market conditions.

TIP:
Long-term wins them all.  Cool
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:11:32 AM

Though I don't believe in an exact strategy, because every time I need to change my strategy to make profits. I don't wait for 50% rise of my portfolio! Rather I prefer 20-30% profit from my investment in trades! I like to increase my coins, not USD! Because I believe a regular trader don't withdraw every day! Sometimes I can't make a profit, but still, I don't hold, I sell in a little loss and buy again new coins to make sure profits! This is my personal strategy, I stopped following others trading strategy after losing huge money!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
J-N

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

My strategy has never changed!
1. When I earn more than 20% of the cryptocurrency, sell them!
2. When I lose more than 20% of the cryptocurrency, sell them!
3. When the market as a whole falls, convert all the altcoins into USDT or Bitcoin for preservation!

In my opinion, the second item is incorrect. Typically, the coin price on the crypto-exchange markets drops to -20% and then bounces back to +10% or higher because many investors start buying cheap coins. You need to figure out the current trend of the price movement. If you are sure that the circumstances are negative, sell your crypto-currency immediately. Do not sell coins at low prices if you are in doubt.

My trading strategy is based on scalping, sometimes I use an arbitrage tools. I trade many crypto-currencies simultaneously. I often follow the news from the teams of the coins that I bought.
KXC247

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:13:30 PM

What I do basically is that, I try to wait for the price of what I bought to double and I take my initial capital and little profit and leave the rest there to gain more. This is more like a risk free trade after you have made your profits
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

Well, when do you sell the whole volume, when will the price increase by 500%? Well, then this long wait.

You may not know when the coin has actually gotten to the peak, the best strategy at this point is to sell gradually to the top, here it means one can sell every 20% of one's holdings as the price pumps

richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:02:24 AM

My strategy is to take whatever, I just take whatever amount I think I should take out and that depends on how much profit I was able to make. Sometimes if there are signs that the market will drop after rising, I would withdraw everything I have and wait for it to drop and once it has dropped I will quickly buy in again, with either 50% or lesser than that (like I said before – it depends) and wait for the price to rise again for another gain.
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:11:42 AM

Cool. You did it right.
I always remember what people use to say here. Never put it in just one basket.
Have the same idea. Profits will go to a trusted ICO. Pick one everytime a profit came and try to circulate it again to another afterwards.
It is not perfect, there are some flaws but it is a good strategy cause I already felt the goods it gave.
Now, is just a time to wait because we all know that every coin and token dropped in value.

Yes thats the way to make a profit in ico's there are such more making a profit in ico's not only joining bounty campaigns and never put it in just one basket.
In my opinion, the campaign for profitability should hold them for a long time. For the duration of your hold, you can choose to sell at the most reasonable price, which will make your coin grow and they will go to the moon by the end of the year.

Exactly you are right instead of selling them for the loss it is good to hold them until the price of the coin should be more than the ICO price. Most of the time i used to hold the coin as long the price should which i get through the bounty.
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:21:33 AM

Here are some tips that you can try,
1. Map Capital Strength
See how much your capital strength is, then map it out by making a trading plan. Profit targets should be realistic. For example, the average trader usually earns 10-20% per month from initial capital.
2. Manage Risks
As stated, the risk is directly proportional to opportunities. For this reason you need to set how much you tolerate the risks that might occur.
3. Expand Views
Most traders just stick to one trading instrument
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:07:54 AM

My current strategy to take profit is to trade quickly (scalping). I can't hold it too long, it's very risky. I only buy with a portion of capital and when prices rise 2% to 10% I will take that. and repeat it for several times on different coins. after the target is reached, I will pull it on the fiat wallet.
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:22:59 AM

When situation of crypto market is not bull run yet,  in trading i was take profit between 10% to 15% pertrade and use stop loss 6%. And i try to make more money by compound it,  compound is the best way to make more profit in trading activity,  by this way its possible to earn up to 50% to 100% amonth in currenct situation of market. And i will withdraw about 10% of profit amonth in to cash.

baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:19:55 AM

In my opinion, the best strategy is to hold on to the long run, because only the long run gives you the opportunity to choose the best price for a penny, so I think the market will recover, and I will always wait. wait.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 10:15:48 AM

The best strategy for me is to sell gradually to the top, it was taught me and known as the ladder technique, just sell as price goes up, may sell 20% of your holding at every level up

fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:47:22 PM

I have been accumulating my favorite coins over the last many months.  The bear market is the best time to accumulate. 2 ways for me to accumulate:

1. When I get my pay every month end, I will cash in some extra cash to buy.
2. When I notice a sudden spike (10-20%), I will sell my coins and buy more when it dips.

The reason why I am accumulating is that I plan to sell my coins in stages in the future.  So let's say I have 10,000 of ABC coins with an average cost of $1:

1. Sell 1000 at $10
2. Sell 1000 at $25
3. Sell 1000 at $50
4. Sell 1000 at $100
5. Sell the rest when they are at $1000 and above.

This is my strategy, hoping that when the price gets above $1000, I can retire early.

Well, the good things about strategy is as long as you have tried them out several times and you have been able to see a good result you are comfortable with, then just simply stick to it.

Personally for me, I have always been a swing trader, I buy when there is glaring signal of the market going up and then I sell when there is a glaring signal of the market switching down and in this case, I am able to maximize every potential profit.

Nonetheless, in the presence of a huge bull run where people are beginning to get greedy, then I start selling bit by bit on the way up because prices like that for no reason scares me and selling during this period no matter what by splitting the amount to be sold at a time has always worked.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:09:56 PM

I have been accumulating my favorite coins over the last many months.  The bear market is the best time to accumulate. 2 ways for me to accumulate:

1. When I get my pay every month end, I will cash in some extra cash to buy.
2. When I notice a sudden spike (10-20%), I will sell my coins and buy more when it dips.

The reason why I am accumulating is that I plan to sell my coins in stages in the future.  So let's say I have 10,000 of ABC coins with an average cost of $1:

1. Sell 1000 at $10
2. Sell 1000 at $25
3. Sell 1000 at $50
4. Sell 1000 at $100
5. Sell the rest when they are at $1000 and above.

This is my strategy, hoping that when the price gets above $1000, I can retire early.

Well, the good things about strategy is as long as you have tried them out several times and you have been able to see a good result you are comfortable with, then just simply stick to it.

Personally for me, I have always been a swing trader, I buy when there is glaring signal of the market going up and then I sell when there is a glaring signal of the market switching down and in this case, I am able to maximize every potential profit.

Nonetheless, in the presence of a huge bull run where people are beginning to get greedy, then I start selling bit by bit on the way up because prices like that for no reason scares me and selling during this period no matter what by splitting the amount to be sold at a time has always worked.

This is great strategy, it`s how you sell coins when market start to rise. You are testing the ATH, you are selling same amount
each time when price rise, in one moment you will touch ATH and from that point you can wait for deep and buy again.
   This strategy have one flaw. If cost of 1 coin is $1, for minimum 5000 coins you will need $5000! That`s not a little amount. Profit
can be great if price goes over $1000. until now that happened to Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, and maybe one or two more coins. Only
them raised from $1 to over $1000 in one moment, just Bitcoin stayed there. We know how much time people waited to see that grow,
for this strategy you need huge starting investment and a lot of patience.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███