Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does certain people called Bitcoin as bubble investment?  (Read 389 times)
sandarajasmine (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:38:29 AM

Since we all know that currently, the price of BTC is unstable. So there are certain articles call Bitcoin as bubble investment. May I know the reason why does it called a bubble? Why is that term is used in Bitcoin?
Random Seller

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:47:13 AM

I think it’s  bitcoin does not have an intrinsic value.
SungkZ

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:17:21 AM

For me, it's all because of its tangibility as a currency. Unlike fiat money, bitcoin is like an asset that doesn't have physical form and people are used to believe in a certain thing based on their senses that's why they treat it as a bubble investment especially those non-tech savvy who grew up in 80s downward.

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
SteelPaladin48

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

Most of the people who have called the Bitcoin as Bubble are Bankers and CEO who depends on FIAT, so this news are just to destabilize the current TRUST investors has on BTC. BTW, Bubbles means a fortunate situation that's unlikely to last. (from Google) - meaning there's no assurance with your investment.
YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:21:02 AM

A bubble is when the price of an asset doesn't depend on its "main factors"  investors value the asset to determine its value.
It can be money that is transformed from stocks in the future, the company's cash flow, the state of the country's economy or even the rent for the property.
But bitcoin doesn't calculate profits (from shares) or rent (from real estate) and is not tied to the national economy. This is one of the reasons why it is difficult to say about its value.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:25:18 AM

Since we all know that currently, the price of BTC is unstable. So there are certain articles call Bitcoin as bubble investment. May I know the reason why does it called a bubble? Why is that term is used in Bitcoin?
People call it bubble because of its rapid growth when compared to the other type of investment and it maybe overvalued by the huge demandonce the people realize that bitcoin is not worth to invest then it burst which is called bursting.But in crypto currency the price is too volatile but the people telling about bubble burst since 2011 because they can't accept the huge growth of it.But still the burst didn't burst I hope it will not forever.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:32:34 AM

there are a lot of different reasons for that depending on who is saying it and when.

bitcoin goes into bubbles, that is a very well known thing and we have already seen it multiple times. probably at least 30 small ones and at least 4-5 big ones last of which was the 2013 which everyone knows!

so calling bitcoin a bubble or saying it is in a bubble when it was near $20k was a correct call. but not everyone was saying that. most of the things you see (like 99% of them) have been calling bitcoin a bubble generally even when it reached $1200 last year they were saying it should burst and fall to $500-$600 and kept saying the same as bitcoin rose up. they are just full of shit when they say it obviously and most of them want price to fall for many reasons mostly investment reasons.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Xfactor06

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:40:36 AM

It's being the intangibility of bitcoin that causes people to think bitcoin is a bubble, that they are thinking it could burst anytime. Unlike fiat money that you can see or hold it with your hands and the fact that it is backed by the government. But as for people who are already in the cryptoverse for the longest time, we all know that crypto has a potential and could substitute fiat in the future.
Pragmatist

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:43:08 AM

It's being the intangibility of bitcoin that causes people to think bitcoin is a bubble, that they are thinking it could burst anytime. Unlike fiat money that you can see or hold it with your hands and the fact that it is backed by the government. But as for people who are already in the cryptoverse for the longest time, we all know that crypto has a potential and could substitute fiat in the future.

While all that may be true for you, it's pretty obvious that even on this forum most people are into Bitcoin because they see it as a "get rich quick" solution.  That's classic for a bubble. 

That doesn't mean there isn't an underlying value, just that at the moment it's swamped by the bubble.
Tharel

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:47:32 PM

The reason why it's called bubble investment is because bitcoin has no physical form or existence and only consist of data which can be easily crashed or burst anytime.  It's like your investing into something you cannot touch nor see.

monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:53:32 PM

They are just presenting themselves as forecaster for the day. They will run away once Bitcoin comes soaring again. Just like what people did when they predicted that Donald Trump will never become a president. They all deny their stupid prediction after Trump bashed their hopes in a single move.

Antonas1

Activity: 575
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:35:54 AM

1. Because they don't understand about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
2. Banks and government against bitcoin, they want to destroy bitcoins and other crypto because this thing will kick banks from the world, so they are make a "bubble" issue.
3. What is bubble ? Nonsense, forget it.
dasher797

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Get your share of the future

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:37:13 AM

They think that the increasing price of bitcoin is only a redult of excessive enthusiasm by people. They don't really understand how big is the potential of bitcoin. It can solve problem of unbanked people, it can be a new easy way of transferring money. So bitcoin is not a bubble but this is the new era of payment methode.

MARGA RYANSONEO

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:53:49 AM

Bitcoin is said to be that way because it's easier to use, and more profitable
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:16:39 AM
Merited by poplolnman (1)

real estate is a bubble investment
yes houses are real. they exist. they have utility and function.. but the price.. well thats the bubble

when a price increases not due to function. not due to cost of creation. but purely due to speculation... that is a bubble

saying something is in a bubble is not saying the item/asset is fake. its just saying its probably over priced because there is no good reason to explain the price compared to true value, and its likely that the price is gonna burst. and go down to a lower level that can be explained compared to true value

usually bubble is screamed out at the end of a bull(up) and about to go bear(down)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
diatamariono

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:49:08 AM

When market prices rise can be very high and if the price is very high can change the market price down instantly, ( bubbles can explode unexpectedly ).
Maybe like that, Why certain people call Bitcoin as a bubble investment.
troglobait

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:55:19 AM

I myself use and invest in BTC, but I will consider it a bubble until people start paying them in full. At this time, crazy volatility is hampering this. But it allows many people to earn money.
Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:08:16 AM

Because they are lack of knowledge about bitcoin industry. To see is to believed for others. And for the reason that it is because inside  only in your virtual wallet, you cannot hold a bitcoin personaly in your hands. From their they think that it is not true.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:10:46 AM

The December sharp rise in the price of bitcoin, when it grew practically only due to a net increase in demand for it due to speculative tendencies, showed its nature as a financial bubble. It was the exorbitant demand for it that made bitcoin grow in price, bloating like a bubble. Therefore, after such a simple one, he went to such a deep correction.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:15:07 AM

real estate is a bubble investment
yes houses are real. they exist. they have utility and function.. but the price.. well thats the bubble

when a price increases not due to function. not due to cost of creation. but purely due to speculation... that is a bubble

saying something is in a bubble is not saying the item/asset is fake. its just saying its probably over priced because there is no good reason to explain the price compared to true value, and its likely that the price is gonna burst. and go down to a lower level that can be explained compared to true value

usually bubble is screamed out at the end of a bull(up) and about to go bear(down)
Well said. I see many people saying that bitcoin is in a bubble and might burst anytime which is partially true due to the extreme volatility of the crypto world, but I do not agree with the point that bitcoin and the crypto world will simply die once the bubble bursts. This market has already experienced many different bubble bursts from quite sometime(Recent burst was a big one) and always recovered no matter what which is why I do not feel this will scare away potential investors from investing into this market. Bitcoin will survive no matter what if you ask me.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: