Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:47:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall street will turn ETHER?  (Read 243 times)
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 721

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:31:38 AM

Don't know about Wall Street but Eth will likely get a huge spike this year. Eth has been the most dominant cryptocurrency after Bitcoin and it has higher potential than bitcoin which is why many big investors are investing in it these days. If the Wall Street turns in to Ethereum , I am pretty sure ETH will go more than double in just a short time. Not to mention that most of the ICOs are using ETH these days as a mode of payment, it is likely for ETH to increase its dominance this year.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MkGregor (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

Bitcoinus Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:55:18 PM

Because IPO's raise 10x or 100x more money?  And IPOs are for shares which give you equity - ownership - in business?  Unless the structure of ICO changes pretty fundamentally they are not going to be of serious interest to Wall Street.

What is the main function of investment banks?  Its putting the deal together, securing the funding from other banks and investors to pool together the bulk of the issue, along with underwriting.  This would still be needed in a system that run on Ethereum or other smart contract.  Smart contracts can automate issuance and increase access to funds for low capitalisation projects, but they wont replace those old networks of investors and lawyers.

And to the OP point, the regulations already exist!  That's why US (and some other) citizens are excluded from just about every ICO, as they are from many IPOs.  People have tried and succeeded to launch their dodgy fund raising before, some have failed, some have scammed, and rules and regulations exist.  Cryptocurrency isn't doing anything new, only changes how some things are done.

The reason IPO's raise more money, is because it's the only thing, which is allowed.
And US citizen being excluded is because SEC wants to get every penny they can out of their citizen. So they go after anyone, who receives funding from US citizen without being registered with SEC. Which is mindblowing in my opinion, but it just shows how much importance US as government has in the rest of the world.

BITCOINUS // BITCOIN PAYMENTS IN 2 SECONDS CUTTING EDGE PAYMENT PROCESSING  (https://www.bitcoinus.io/)
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:39:32 AM

If  Wall Street knew how insecure Ethereum is and how its easy to make mistakes running smart contracts in it, they will drop it like dog shit. Remember the DAO or the Parity "bug"? Yeah, the developers assured everyone they were safe. One was hacked forcing Vitalik Buterin to change the transactions and the other one was incompetency.

Things will improve, I believe. With the cash injection into eth, and a determination of the team behind Ethereum, I believe, the security issues will be sorted. Besides, literally more than a half of the cryptomarket runs on Ethereum - it's not that bad.

Thats not what I heard. The developers over there were considered as either incompetent or what could be described as fraudulent. They know that Ethereum will not work as promised, but none of the competent developers are honest enough to say anything. Thats fraud.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:21:10 AM

https://upvotesclub.com/the-ethereumization-of-wall-street-is-inevitable-expe-news/

I read this article, thought, I'll share. It sounds good, but I don't think it will happen that easy, Wall Street perfectly understands the dangers it is facing in the face of cryptocurrency markets.So they will lobby for heavy regulations and even if that happens, it will be on their terms. As a matter of fact, I think that once the cryptos will be "properly regulated" you will have to get "qualified investor" status in order to trade them. Why?  Because the government needs to protect you! Smiley

There had been many crimes committed all because in the name of protecting the people. Abuses from the government were all documented and as they say the intention is good but all things gone awry at implementation because other type of self-vested interests may come in into the picture.

I am sure that people in the Wall Street are looking at Bitcoin with concerned faces...either they join the bandwagon or they are part of the team that will use their influence to try to stifle the growth of Bitcoin as they know that it can be a big disruption to their main business.
MkGregor (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 03:46:34 AM

Thats not what I heard. The developers over there were considered as either incompetent or what could be described as fraudulent. They know that Ethereum will not work as promised, but none of the competent developers are honest enough to say anything. Thats fraud.

Where did you get this information? By all means, I would love to read about this.

BITCOINUS // BITCOIN PAYMENTS IN 2 SECONDS CUTTING EDGE PAYMENT PROCESSING  (https://www.bitcoinus.io/)
darksanya

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:26:12 AM

Where did you get this information? By all means, I would love to read about this.
strange message. I don't think that the team itself will post anything about their attitude towards the uncertainty about the reality of the project
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:41:57 AM

I think Ethereum will be the next big thing this year it will fly high just like what happened to bitcoin last year i think will grow x10 or more this year. I guess it will be a Trillion marketcap soon. I'm glad this is the best thing ever.
nikjain422

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:33:28 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 06:57:18 PM by nikjain422

https://upvotesclub.com/the-ethereumization-of-wall-street-is-inevitable-expe-news/

I read this article, thought, I'll share. It sounhds good, but I don't think it will happen that easy, Wall Street perfectly understands the dangers it is facing in the face of cryptocurrency markets.So they will lobby for heavy regulations and even if that happens, it will be on their terms. As a matter of fact, I think that once the cryptos will be "properly regulated" you will have to get "qualified investor" status in order to trade them.
Why?
Because the government needs to protect you! Smiley
Agreed as people from financial fields are more and more getting involved in it and this creates a healthy competition between wallstreet and cryptomarket.Crypto market is getting popularity and more and more people are getting involved in this.
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:45:20 PM

This makes sense, of course, it will attract large investors and more money. But, but if everything will be so, that an ordinary person will remain outside the trade on crypto  exchanges, outside of investment, etc. If there are options for small investors, I would like this concept more.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:50:26 PM

I read this article, thought, I'll share. It sounhds good, but I don't think it will happen that easy, Wall Street perfectly understands the dangers it is facing in the face of cryptocurrency markets.So they will lobby for heavy regulations and even if that happens, it will be on their terms. As a matter of fact, I think that once the cryptos will be "properly regulated" you will have to get "qualified investor" status in order to trade them.
Why?
Because the government needs to protect you! Smiley
It's not a matter of "If" , Its just a matter of "Time".. Ethereum has been getting a lot of attention during the past year since It's been one of the main platforms regarding ICOs and distributing tokens with its smart-contract creation. I think there will be more Ethereum focus once Ethereum gets upgraded in the near future to support more transactions.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
MkGregor (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 06:22:25 AM

I have a feeling, it is time to up the thread. Seems like this point is coming even closer )

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: