Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:14:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is REALLY going on with Bitconnect right now?!  (Read 219 times)
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3009

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:41:03 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 12:51:53 AM by ChiBitCTy
Merited by krogothmanhattan (2), alyssa85 (1)

I have been fighting against this scum for a long time.  I hate seeing people fall victim to such evil.  I got in to the financial industry so that I could try and help from within and have blogged relentlessly to try and educate those on how Ponzi schemes work and why BCC was one.  So now that BCC pulled their exit scam ..the news is insanely vague.  Millions and millions and I've even heard up to a billion were stolen in Bitcoin from investors.  Why is there so little news on this? This is a massive deal and I've heard not a thing in national or world news.  

They are clearly planning or running an ICO right now ..BitconnectX.   They look to be ramping up to try and do it all over again.

Can any of you here help share your story?  What happened exactly when they announced the shut down?   What does your account look like right now, functionality wise ? Etc..

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The One Who Knocks

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:48:23 AM

From what I could see initially mate, the platform first didn't even showed up the amount that was invested. Even if you invested $1000 in it, the platform would say that the balance was 0.
After a few more hours/days?, the platform just went offline and people started to panic. I believe you know what ensued after ...
Jetakenare

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:18:37 AM

Basically they said that due to the cease and desist orders served them by the Texas government they were going to stop the lending programme. So the bcc coins were returned to the wallets and then there was panic selling which dropped the price from 235$ to 50$. I cashed out at 17$ because the site traffic was huge, could not log in for days. Of course bcc is useless without the lending programme so it wad inevitable that the coin would dump.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:42:52 AM
Merited by szafa (1)

what? bitconnectX? this is outrageous, obviously they are greedy people, not satisfied they take the funds from investors and this will happen again.

there are many victims from bitconnect and it is time we should fight and anticipate that no victims from this new bitconnect.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:18:49 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitconnect-slapped-with-securities-emergency-cease-and-desist-order/

This is news i got and they're drown on btc because put so high hopes. Many lost their wealth because of this. But btc is imposssible good in everyone's eyes after this incindent.

szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:27:24 AM

Coinexchange says delisted bcc yesterday but it is not.
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:07:16 AM

I have been fighting against this scum for a long time.  I hate seeing people fall victim to such evil.  I got in to the financial industry so that I could try and help from within and have blogged relentlessly to try and educate those on how Ponzi schemes work and why BCC was one.  So now that BCC pulled their exit scam ..the news is insanely vague.  Millions and millions and I've even heard up to a billion were stolen in Bitcoin from investors.  Why is there so little news on this? This is a massive deal and I've heard not a thing in national or world news.  

They are clearly planning or running an ICO right now ..BitconnectX.   They look to be ramping up to try and do it all over again.

Can any of you here help share your story?  What happened exactly when they announced the shut down?   What does your account look like right now, functionality wise ? Etc..
Well these people wont stop creating ponzi schemes,these people should be banned to the whole community because most of the new investors doesnt do research before joining these schemes,people had been warned about this but they are still joining lending programs which is clearly with ponzi structure,most of my friends still joined and now they dont have anything left,thats their fault not ours.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

Basically they said that due to the cease and desist orders served them by the Texas government they were going to stop the lending programme. So the bcc coins were returned to the wallets and then there was panic selling which dropped the price from 235$ to 50$. I cashed out at 17$ because the site traffic was huge, could not log in for days. Of course bcc is useless without the lending programme so it wad inevitable that the coin would dump.

Thanks for sharing! They shut down the platform because of those letters knowing that most users would catch on because the states were putting such pressure on them.  That's when they knew the exit made most sense.  That being said when you "invest" money with them you use BTC correct?  Then they swap for their worthless token.  When you went to cash out, were you actually given BTC back?  How did that all work? 

Does your account say anything about BitconnectX right now?  It looks to me as if the lending program is going to be an option just as it was with Bitconnect.  I am wondering if while logged in are they trying to get you to sign up for BitconnectX and promoting the interest you can earn from their lending platform again?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:30:37 PM

I was once a victim of a ponzi scheme before so I avoided bcc and it's various Clones like a plague. There were sprouting everywhere. From bit connect to regalcoin to hextracoin to falconcoin and the list goes on. I just pray the story of bitconnect is going to serve a an eye opener those people driven by greed and get rich quick syndrome to understand that anything that is too good to be true is definitely not true. but the irony of live is people will still invest in schemes like that. even with the fall of bitconnect u won't be surprised to hear that bitconnectx had a sold out ICO. It's a funny world we live in
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:36:38 PM

I think that it's worth forgetting about this project, now more and more financial pyramids, if you manage to get into them, then maybe something will happen, but with this project you must say goodbye.
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

Just move on dude,bitconnect is holding the title of being the biggest scam in the crypto history people are the ones to be blame because they knew it from the start that this is a ponzi scheme,but they didnt listen to those people who warned them if there is anyone to blame its them who didnt do research before joining.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:44:55 PM

It's sad because even if they were being harassed by the authorities they could easily have stopped the scheme and given the investors time to pull out properly. The founders would still have made a serious profit without destroying lives in the process. These scammers have no care in the world for others, people just need educating to stay away from these scams

X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

I have suffered from this company like many people. At the moment when I realized that BCC SCAM I could not log into my account because the network was overloaded! I lost all my money I invested in the BCC and it was a great lesson for me, the thirst for fast money turned out like always a loss!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:56:30 PM

Had some friends who could not withdraw (locked in) their capital.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:00:16 PM

What really needs to happen is all the exchanges delisting bitconnect. Sadly some scammy exchanges still list it:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitconnect/#markets

As long as it is still listed they can con guillible people into thinking a recovery is possible. And there are always guillible people queing up to part with their money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:02:22 AM

Just move on dude,bitconnect is holding the title of being the biggest scam in the crypto history people are the ones to be blame because they knew it from the start that this is a ponzi scheme,but they didnt listen to those people who warned them if there is anyone to blame its them who didnt do research before joining.

"just move on dude" Why don't you just move on from this forum? Bitconnect is still up and running and planning their second go-round to do this all over again.  I will not move on, I will continue to fight for people whom aren't as educated as myself on this bull shit.  I've spent a lot of time learning what I know and part of that time spent was to learn for others as well...not just myself.  I'm not a selfish POS like you are.

It's important that good people who care about others stick together and continue to fight hard and speak out about nonsense like this so that others will become aware.  I had plenty of people tell me to "f off" and that I was jealous when trying to warn them of the Ponzi scheme.  I know many people went in to financial ruin because of BCC and while yes it's their fault...it doesn't make them necessarily bad humans who deserved it.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:05:54 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 04:43:24 AM by ChiBitCTy

I have suffered from this company like many people. At the moment when I realized that BCC SCAM I could not log into my account because the network was overloaded! I lost all my money I invested in the BCC and it was a great lesson for me, the thirst for fast money turned out like always a loss!

Thank you for sharing!  Hey we all do stuff we regret but learning from it and getting back up and fighting forward is what it's all about.  What does your account look like now?  Can you trade in BCC tokens for BTC at all?  Are they trying to get you to buy in to BCCX?

If anyone is having any doubts at this point- this article is the first I read that made a ton of sense so maybe it'll help you -https://steemit.com/scam/@thegrinder/the-bitconnect-scam-exposed

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:09:31 AM

Bitconnect is not dead until all participants are still greedy to cover their losses by selling it to new participants. Everybody knows that it's scam, but it is in human nature to seek profits. Same for gambling, ICO, and even cryptocurrency. Only few read whitepapers, do the research rather than following a hype. And the wealth distribution in crypto and stocks are very fair, the best should get the most, we're not equal.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:24:21 AM

What really needs to happen is all the exchanges delisting bitconnect. Sadly some scammy exchanges still list it:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitconnect/#markets

As long as it is still listed they can con guillible people into thinking a recovery is possible. And there are always guillible people queing up to part with their money.

That's insane!!!  I was under the impression that no other exchanges took their token.  That is sad and any exchange that allows a Ponzi token to be traded should not be supported. 

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:52:12 PM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (1)

I think that it's worth forgetting about this project, now more and more financial pyramids, if you manage to get into them, then maybe something will happen, but with this project you must say goodbye.

If you keep forgetting about these kind of Ponzi schemes, you will end up falling for them again and again. You have to remember them, instead, wery well, as an important lesson for the future.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: