Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NicerMiner 0.5.8 - MPH mining app based on NHML v1.9.0.5  (Read 2362 times)
mobileanarchy (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:47:27 AM

Release 0.3 - 2018-03-21
Fixing an issue with misconfigured ccminer arguments (affecting Neoscript and other algorithms)
Fixing an issue with truncating the server url on Ethminer
This release is still based on NHML v1.8.1.9 due to mixed reviews for the new profitability switching refactoring that took place on NHML v1.8.1.10, I will evaluate the next version to decide if it will be kept in sync with NHML down the road.

https://github.com/odedolive/NicerMiner/blob/master/releases/NicerMiner%200.3.zip?raw=true

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbomber05

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:25:49 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 01:37:02 AM by bitbomber05

Nice work, just tested and its fixed cryptonight, keccak, lyra2v2 and neoscrypt!  Grin
Just daggerhashimoto (ethminer) and daggerkeccak are the only 2 not working now so I've just left them disabled for the time being.
DaggerHashimoto seems to run fine with Claymore 11.5 override in claymore-dual folder also.

EDIT:
Did a re-bench after moving Claymore Dual 11.5 into the claymore_dual folder and now DaggerKeccak works too!
So now its just daggerhash (ethminer) which doesn't work. I tried re-benching that also but no luck.
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:30:37 AM

I just double checked Dagger using ethminer and DaggerKeccak using Claymore's Dual Miner and they both seem to work on my end...
Can I bother you with log files/messages again please?
(I'm testing on a Nvidia rig BTW if it makes any difference)
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:20:48 AM

Sure can  Wink
https://pastebin.com/rQrhWCHC

https://imgur.com/a/2RcCJ

I'm using Nvidia rig as well so that wouldn't be it.
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:56:00 AM

I see what the problem is now:

Starting miner [pid(18020)|bin(bin\ethminer\ethminer.exe)]  --cuda  -S b.miningpoolhub.com:17020

NiceHash had some code to strip the first 14 chars from the pool's URL (basically the stratum+tcp:// prefix, because ethminer doesn't need it)
I'll create a fix for it ASAP. probably tomorrow, as it's getting late on my end.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Here's a little tease for what I'm working on now
https://imgur.com/a/wXsdD

It's been in the works for a few months now, and I think there's more to do, although the core functionality is done (profit-switching, process watch-dog etc.)
Now I'm working on basically the fluff - graphs, and dashboard stuff...
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:15:48 AM

No problems, at least its an easy fix. Smiley

New project looks interesting... When are you expecting a release?
marthor

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:25:18 AM

Why would you mine on MiningPoolHub instead of NiceHash?

NiceHash has higher profits for the most profitable algorithms and uses pay per share, which is much better for algo and coin switching. MiningPoolHub is garbage.
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:49:43 AM

A few of reasons, MPH has much lower fees than NH for one. It also has auto exchange and auto withdraw features so you can get your chosen coin to your chosen wallet automatically without the expense or delays of moving BTC. There's also a great MPH monitor for android which I've found to be more reliable than the NH ones I've tried.
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:48:39 PM

New project looks interesting... When are you expecting a release?

I'm not sure to be honest, it depends on how much "gold-plating" I want to put into the dashboard page.
But like I said, the "core" is ready and running on all my rigs (all 3 of them Tongue) and I'm pretty happy with the returns it's bringing me.
I never thought about mining Phi, Tribus, Xeven, X16r before building this tool for myself... so it was a nice learning experience if anything else.
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:14:21 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 11:28:05 PM by bitbomber05

@mobileanarchy
I left v0.3 going last night but the gpu miner just seems to have stopped at around 19.35. not sure why coz i could see that the cpu miner was still going via MPH monitor until this morning. The log just seems to stop abruptly with a blank spot until I started it again this morning.
=https://pastebin.com/gSkDV9hW
any ideas?

EDIT:
also had it running on another separate rig at a different location and it did the same thing so i don't think its hardware. I don't have the logs for that one as it was restarted last night and they don't go back that far.
theodrim

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:29:01 AM

I see where you are coming from, but here is NHML license:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/master/LICENSE.txt
In any case, changing an open source project is not considered stealing if you meet the project's license terms.
Which only applied to 59 commits on that repo according to first line. So are you using _only_ those or do you just reading selectively?
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:53:35 AM

Did the CPU miner actually stayed open?
Did both computers stop at the same time?

There's nothing in the logs that pops up as a potential issue.

Anyway, I created a quick fix for the ethminer issue - version 0.3.1:
https://github.com/odedolive/NicerMiner/raw/master/releases/NicerMiner%200.3.1.zip

I wonder if it's a Claymore comparability issue, you can give ethminer a try now that it's supposed to be working properly.
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:00:37 AM

I see where you are coming from, but here is NHML license:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/master/LICENSE.txt
In any case, changing an open source project is not considered stealing if you meet the project's license terms.
Which only applied to 59 commits on that repo according to first line. So are you using _only_ those or do you just reading selectively?

I'm willing to take this whole thing down if DillonN reach out and ask me to.
I'm also trying to be a good citizen and contribute back to the NHML repo as much as I can.
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:49:06 AM

As far as i could tell the CPU miner was still working yes as i was monitoring it remotely.
Not sure about the other miner as the logs have been overwritten but they were started at different times and different locations so id think its unlikely.
I did think the same thing about Claymore, will do a re-bench on this clean 0.3.1 install and try without 11.5, hopefully its stable.
Thanks for the update ethminer seems to be working now, will let you know how the old claymore goes after more thorough testing.
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:59:07 PM

@mobileanarchy
I've been running the miner for 3 days straight now and from what I can tell it hasn't missed a beat, the stability looks solid  Grin
The only thing that I can pick with it is that the CPU miner window (specifically only the xmr-stak-cpu miner window) wont auto-hide like it should.
For every single other miner the cmd window stays hidden but for xmr-stak-cpu it pops up every time, is there any way to fix this?
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:16:01 AM

I went to look at the source code and found this:

public XmrStackCPUMiner()
            : base("XmrStackCPUMiner") {
            this.ConectionType = NhmConectionType.NONE;
            IsNeverHideMiningWindow = true;
        }

The bold line basically override the app's settings, and will prevent the window hiding logic.
I suppose this is intentional, and was coded to work around some issue - maybe it affected performance, or blocked the API calls...
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:38:05 AM

I just downloaded the source code for NH 1.8.1.9 and I can see the code your talking about, makes sense.
What I don't understand is why the window doesn't stay open when I run xmr-stak-cpu in NiceHash 1.8.1.9 Huh
mobileanarchy (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:44:34 AM

It's not a bug, it's a feature  Grin

I'll take another look when I get a chance.
I will need to run both instances and debug the source code to see if there's another switch somewhere to override that switch  Wink
bitbomber05

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:48:12 AM

cheers, I had scratch around at the file structure myself but couldn't find anything, over my head.   Embarrassed
bitbomber05

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:14:47 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 05:38:34 AM by bitbomber05

Just saw on the socials that the upcoming XMR fork will use the new cryptonightV7 algo to eliminate XMR asic mining. NH have release and alpha that supports the new algo, are you planning to update NM to the new NH 1.9.x.x?
Happy to help with any testing Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: