Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:23:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert bitcoin to fiat cash (hard paper) if I dont have bank account ?  (Read 171 times)
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:42:38 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 05:56:16 PM by bitart

Aha, use a Bitcoin debit card!

There are several providers, but card types (transaction types) fall into two categories.

(1) Direct from BTC Wallet - This type will debit your assigned Bitcoin wallet with Coinbase directly with each point of sale purchase. This way you're money is in Bitcoin until it is used for a purchase. The downside is that (in the US) each purchase represents a taxable event.

(2) Pre-loaded from BTC Wallet - This type will allow you to load your debit card with an amount of Bitcoin, transferred into USD. Then you can use the card for as long as you have a USD balance loaded on the card. This way you can lock in Bitcoin gains for later purchases and you can control the number and size of transactions (the card loads) that represent taxable events.

Here's a site that can help you sift through the options: https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/cards

I've just run thru the 53 offered cards, I thought it will be a hard work to check them all... But because of VISA's ban on WaveCrest, most of the cards are not available at the moment, so there are 19 remaining cards to choose from, so it's a bit easier to check them one by one.
(Originally there were 53 cards, 46 issued by VISA and 7 by MasterCard. There were 25 USD cards, 16 EUR and the remaining 12 are GBP.)
If we don't think that the card offering wallets will be able to find another card issuer company in the near future, we only need to check the reamaining 19 cards:

It seems that for GBP currency there are only 2 cards. EUR: 4, USD: 13
If you want some anonimity (at least on medium level) and also instant topups, you can select only WageCan card for both currencies (I don't know the card, so I cannot say anything about it).
So the list is pretty short, compared to the times before the VISA ban...
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:38:47 AM

OK, since last evening I had a look at some of the above mentioned bitcoin debit cards.... (and now I have realized that on the website cryptocompare.com they only marked the debit cards affected by the VISA WaveCrest ban, but the remaining cards are also affected partly, by the VISA and MasterCard ban.)
Just two examples:
AdvCash: it seems available in the cryptocompare.com listing, but checking the bitcointalk.org thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011381.1380 it seems that now this debit card is also closed and users can only withdraw their funds from the card, before it terminates in Feb.2018.
PayCent: it seems that they have closed down the former card and a new card is about to start now, but it's not the traditional bitcoin debit card
So it seems it's better to do your own research if you want to use a bitcoin debit card and this forum seems to be the best place to find information about your preferred card.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:42:44 AM

Find someone who want to buy your bitcoin, and meet her/him face to face to make cash transaction.
I don't know if there is any other way.
This is the only one way i think. Not other way to cash out without bank account.
Why dont you have bank account? If you want to cash out then bank account is a must to have.
Exactly my though. I mean if you dont have your personal bank account you can always use your family account. I mean someone you know must have it right ? Or it can go like he send you some stuff that you want and you send him the cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: