Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:38:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet changing to MyCrypto.com?  (Read 608 times)
number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:13:42 PM

I have not heard anything about re-branding (other than this topic). Most likely these are 2 different purses, you need to be careful when transferring data
payvnn

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:52:29 PM

This is not a re-brading, the team split to two with two founder. Kosala with MyEtherWallet and Taylor with Mycrypto.
Lucky_U

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:16:39 PM

I think it's a good news. There will be competition between two projects and each of them will have different development directions. Will see, which project will become most popular.
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:15:42 PM
Merited by Jemzx00 (2)

Just saw the official verified MEW twitter account changed name to MyCrypto.com / @mycrypto.  Below is the official Medium notice posted by them :

https://medium.com/mycrypto/mycrypto-launch-6a066bf41093

It seems that @tayvano_ and her team branched out forming a new company, leaving MEW and @kvhnuke_.  After reading the medium post, I really do appreciate everything Taylor has done for MEW and the community & respect her decision to lead her team in a new direction.  However, this all seems so abrupt.  Also, it seems that the decision to change the verified official MEW twitter account name was made without an agreement with @kvhnuke_.   I feel a bit confused by the situation at the moment.  Gonna keep an eye on both @mycrypto and the new twitter account for @myetherwallet for now.

Never use this mycrypto.com unless there is a valid or legit article about this. This could be  a phishing site and there are no announcement yet. Medium is not an official place to announce this kind of changes. It needs to be published in a reputable crypto news.

tvtinh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

ICO Advisor | Top 15 ICOBench Expert

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:20:05 PM

It is hard for a switch as most of tokens are built with ethereum platform and MEW is recommended for use as ERC-20 compatible wallet service. Further, most of ICOs are now using it to distribute its tokens. Need sometimes to prove what would be better  Wink

Mr. Tinh Tran is among top 15 Global ICO Experts on ICOBench
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:21:49 PM

This is unexpected news for me. Why did this happen? Why do they need two sites with almost identical functionality? I don't understand.
aceat64

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:27:31 PM

I'm skeptical about the changes, because they do not always change everything for the better. What to expect from mycrypto.com and what wait in the future from the company is hard to say
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:51:03 PM

In fact, for me it's a surprise because everything seems to work fine. Too dramatically they do innovations in their policies..
boonsterx

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:11:05 PM

We will have to see which service provides better functionality in the future to decide which to use.
At present mycrypto looks exactly like myetherwallet... it will have to work really hard to catch up with MEW.

And what should be its acronym? MC or MCT?  Grin

But it is actually good to see a strong competitor to MEW, this will make the service stronger for both sites.

Lets hope there will not be any loopholes in this mycrypto that will cause harm to our ethereum wallets, as I am
supportive and would want to try it out.

joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:39:47 AM

I'm surprised not to have read anything about that on others threads... for me, it sound a little like scam.
If it's true, I don't like the idea : if MEW team divides into two entities, both risk to be less reliable  Undecided
hieu81

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:18:56 AM

I used MEW for all ETH and token! It's verry easy to used!
But I think! Need to check carefull all info before insert your private key
klixion

Activity: 645

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:24:19 AM

There was some sort of disagreement with the two founders of Myetherwallet resulting in one founders leaving and creating Mycrypto.  I will stick with using MEW since I haven't encountered any issues with them before.   
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:56:11 AM

Just saw the official verified MEW twitter account changed name to MyCrypto.com / @mycrypto.  Below is the official Medium notice posted by them :

It seems that @tayvano_ and her team branched out forming a new company, leaving MEW and @kvhnuke_.  After reading the medium post, I really do appreciate everything Taylor has done for MEW and the community & respect her decision to lead her team in a new direction.  However, this all seems so abrupt.  Also, it seems that the decision to change the verified official MEW twitter account name was made without an agreement with @kvhnuke_.   I feel a bit confused by the situation at the moment.  Gonna keep an eye on both @mycrypto and the new twitter account for @myetherwallet for now.

This situation is really a bit scary. Don't want somebody to worry, but I personally lost my full trust on MEW after this situation. It was so unexpected that I couldn't even understand what happened with twitter and what is Mycrypto?
I think that now we should have a more critical and careful thinking regarding storage of our Crypto-assets.

mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:07:04 AM

Just saw the official verified MEW twitter account changed name to MyCrypto.com / @mycrypto.  Below is the official Medium notice posted by them :

It seems that @tayvano_ and her team branched out forming a new company, leaving MEW and @kvhnuke_.  After reading the medium post, I really do appreciate everything Taylor has done for MEW and the community & respect her decision to lead her team in a new direction.  However, this all seems so abrupt.  Also, it seems that the decision to change the verified official MEW twitter account name was made without an agreement with @kvhnuke_.   I feel a bit confused by the situation at the moment.  Gonna keep an eye on both @mycrypto and the new twitter account for @myetherwallet for now.

Some of the employee of myetherwallet wants a forked factions between the company that is why he/she changed the twitter account's username and thats very unprofessional,they need to have an official statement about this.

habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:16:15 AM

This is a little bit scary,we dont know what will happen to the company if they will have factions from the employee or founders,this is not a good thing to most of the users,we arent sure about what will be the future or which one we should use the old or the new site?

newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:38:23 AM

Just saw the official verified MEW twitter account changed name to MyCrypto.com / @mycrypto.  Below is the official Medium notice posted by them :

It seems that @tayvano_ and her team branched out forming a new company, leaving MEW and @kvhnuke_.  After reading the medium post, I really do appreciate everything Taylor has done for MEW and the community & respect her decision to lead her team in a new direction.  However, this all seems so abrupt.  Also, it seems that the decision to change the verified official MEW twitter account name was made without an agreement with @kvhnuke_.   I feel a bit confused by the situation at the moment.  Gonna keep an eye on both @mycrypto and the new twitter account for @myetherwallet for now.

This situation is really a bit scary. Don't want somebody to worry, but I personally lost my full trust on MEW after this situation. It was so unexpected that I couldn't even understand what happened with twitter and what is Mycrypto?
I think that now we should have a more critical and careful thinking regarding storage of our Crypto-assets.

I don't think it is scary. I'm just surprised hat new team changed the Twitter account. It was so weird. We don't knwo what happened between those two but there could've been more elegant way to do it.
mahimonliner

Activity: 350

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

Is this true? I have not heard any news yet. It's better to be careful that it's just a phishing site. It is better if we have the MEW's official statement about it
yes better to follow official announcement, because phishing sites are going to next level these days.

lovemsngr

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:15:06 PM

I wonder what really changed, I was happy with everything before, but judging by the feedback with mycrypto.com work was optimized. I will be watching after some changes
DAOfan

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:22:10 PM

myetherwallet is a dangerous and insecure wallet for a number of reasons. The Ethereum Blue team has outlined all the problems many times. Just switch from myetherwallet to the BLUE wallet if you want to be safe.

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 03:25:09 PM

Yes, Most of the active team members from MyEtherwallet came out and started MyCrypro and they are developing this since 9 months and it is the beginning of their development for the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: