Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:39:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: closed.  (Read 7910 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:11:18 PM

It is not point less. All that has to happen for paypal to transact in bitcoin is for them to start taking the block chain transaction details in disputes.

you should like a genius and should probably be awarded something.

You should like a genius? fucking retard.
johny1976 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1002

Developer

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 07:14:20 PM

It is not point less. All that has to happen for paypal to transact in bitcoin is for them to start taking the block chain transaction details in disputes.

God, I don't like China's men who are opposite to gravity, and still pictures...
Branzig

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 08:03:39 PM

Seriously...

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:17:55 PM

How you all now, it's very difficult "war" to buy Bitcoin this time...

You must buy cez some Russian Servers (e.g. OKPay) at BTC-E exchange (sure you can buy at Mt.Gox, but it is only for BTCs, not Alt-Coins).

How easier would it be to implement (firstly only) Bitcoin to PayPal?

It wouldn't be only easier to buy & sell BTCs, but it would be a HUGE STEP FOR BITCOIN (& other Alt-Coins later sure).

Are you in? So leave your signature here, it is free and you can help Bitcoin disruption technology to spread the world.

If we get 300k subscriptions, we submit this petition officialy to PayPal.

If this is the whole thing it is poorly written. Where is the full petition?

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:23:45 PM

You should like a genius? fucking retard.

edited. Sorry, i am tard.
Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:23:59 PM

Paypal ? No, thanks.
Thats like throwing pearls before swine.

---
Cheers
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:31:02 PM

How you all now, it's very difficult "war" to buy Bitcoin this time...

You must buy cez some Russian Servers (e.g. OKPay) at BTC-E exchange (sure you can buy at Mt.Gox, but it is only for BTCs, not Alt-Coins).

How easier would it be to implement (firstly only) Bitcoin to PayPal?

It wouldn't be only easier to buy & sell BTCs, but it would be a HUGE STEP FOR BITCOIN (& other Alt-Coins later sure).

Are you in? So leave your signature here, it is free and you can help Bitcoin disruption technology to spread the world.

If we get 300k subscriptions, we submit this petition officialy to PayPal.

If this is the whole thing it is poorly written. Where is the full petition?

+1

*after reading petition link in OP I have to say I don't think this is a bad idea per say (assuming possible), but the petition is pretty poorly written and somewhat unclear as to the what/when/and how. Personally, though I'm no fan of paypal, I don't see how getting a piece of the paypal pie into BTC would be a bad thing but then again I'm pretty new Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Branzig

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 08:31:58 PM

I read the petition and I can't figure out what you're asking them to do. Are you asking them to allow people to buy and sell Bitcoins using PayPal for the payment side? Are you asking them to sell Bitcoins themselves? Are you asking them to buy Bitcoins themselves? Or what?

I'm asking for implement Bitcoin currency. You can deposit Bitcoins, you can withdraw Bitcoins, you can send Bitcoins to other PayPal users, you can exchange them to any of other currencies they've got implemented... I'm asking for implement BTCs as one of currencies like USD, EUR, etc...

I yield to the gentleman who has this floor ; Request for a signature, on the grounds for furthering BTC 's reach in the marketplace. I am one who does not mind going public with my business, as 'honesty is MY only policy'. Noting there will always be a place for 'private business dealings' on a very small level,

Peace be with you all, and have a profitable day.
-Branzig.

maikelblogo
Legendary

Activity: 1158
Merit: 1009

Mayuyacoin promoter.

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:35:17 PM

Do i must pay for sign in??? Huh Huh

NO WAY WITH IT!!! Angry Angry Angry
Branzig

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 08:39:18 PM

Do i must pay for sign in??? Huh Huh

NO WAY WITH IT!!! Angry Angry Angry

I signed, all you have to do when they ask for a donation is exit the window... It's all good. They won't ignore funds from the BTC community at any rate. It's all about the almighty $!

-Branzig

will1982

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:13:12 PM

Since PayPal is my only available payment method unfortunately, I'm gonna sign the petition. They're still an awful company though
Change your payment method and DONT use PP.

I would if I could...parents don't let me use alternative methods, because they all need a bank account ("You're gonna spend all your savings") or an SSN ("You're gonna have your identity stolen!")
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:32:00 PM

parents don't let me use alternative methods, because they all need a bank account ("You're gonna spend all your savings") or an SSN ("You're gonna have your identity stolen!")
will1982
will1982

Shocked

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:38:01 PM

It seems the community itself advises to prefer PayPal over BTC.

The following is from an ASIC vendors forum. There are postings like this all over the place:

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:43:41 PM

It seems the community itself advises to prefer PayPal over BTC.

The following is from an ASIC vendors forum. There are postings like this all over the place:

Pretty obvious for an ASIC pre-order...

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:01:45 PM

Or a take out order or purchase for just about anything on the face of the plant.

BTC is good to get blow and weed next to nothing else.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 10:09:13 PM

Right, but how would that work if PayPal permitted transactions in Bitcoins? Would they provide protection only for non-Bitcoin transactions? And thus the Bitcoin community, the community they'd be catering to by doing this in the first place, would still advise not using their service? Or would they provide protection for Bitcoin transactions? If so, how?

If you're going to petition someone to do something, the very first thing to do is to decide exactly what it is you want them to do. Ideally, such that you would support them if they did it. There are ways PayPal could be more Bitcoin friendly. These are not them.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
will1982

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:10:55 PM

parents don't let me use alternative methods, because they all need a bank account ("You're gonna spend all your savings") or an SSN ("You're gonna have your identity stolen!")
will1982
will1982

Shocked

Heh, it's my house number, not my birth year
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:51:01 PM

Right, but how would that work if PayPal permitted transactions in Bitcoins? Would they provide protection only for non-Bitcoin transactions? And thus the Bitcoin community, the community they'd be catering to by doing this in the first place, would still advise not using their service? Or would they provide protection for Bitcoin transactions? If so, how?

If you're going to petition someone to do something, the very first thing to do is to decide exactly what it is you want them to do. Ideally, such that you would support them if they did it. There are ways PayPal could be more Bitcoin friendly. These are not them.

"Or would they provide protection for Bitcoin transactions? If so, how?"

Paypal would have a btc address assigned to your paypal account. If you wanted to trade them out for currency or sell them for paypal you would simply send coins to your paypal bitcoin wallet.  It would easy for paypal to do it. 
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 12:27:34 AM

Paypal would have a btc address assigned to your paypal account. If you wanted to trade them out for currency or sell them for paypal you would simply send coins to your paypal bitcoin wallet.  It would easy for paypal to do it.  
Then explain how they would do it. Here's the scenario again:

1) I pay dollars for something.

2) The seller takes his money in Bitcoins.

3) I dispute the transaction.

What happens? Does PayPal cover my dollars? Where does PayPal get the Bitcoins to pay the seller?

For this to work, someone would have to provide PayPal a service to and from Bitcoins that provided substantially the same semantics as their current USD and EUR services. For very good reasons, that doesn't exist. PayPal is a soft monetary exchange, Bitcoins do not have any soft exchange. Matching soft to hard systems is very difficult if neither endpoint can be trusted by the middleman, which is PayPal's model.

And if you're going to tell PayPal to support Bitcoins but not provide any buyer or seller protection, they'll wind up providing a Bitcoin service that even Bitcoin enthusiasts will recommend against using. (This is why common advice is to use PayPal, not Bitcoins, when the buyer and seller cannot trust each other!)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:49:08 AM

i cant go with your scenario here.

Let me get this straight.

You buy something... the guy you bought it from doesnt want usd he wants BTC.. he is shit out of luck he took payment in usd, bitcoins never entered the picture.

This brings up issues of conversion, which paypal does for me all the time from every currency in the world to usd... if they wanted to add btc they could do it, but lets forget about exchanges lets just focus on payment acceptance.

Lets say for simplicity sake that you paid in bitcoin and charged back.

The reasons for charge back would be non delivery or unauthorized use. In these cases say you paid in btc and then item didnt show. They would do what they do in every case seize the funds... If the btc has been spent they would simply seize the usd funds in the account or their bank account. Same thing for unauthorized use. Paypal is very good when it comes to investigating these cases... they can tell if you where hacked or not.

The main use of pp for bitcoin would be conversion. Under that scenario it would be very easy for them to settle disputes as the block chain transaction details are not able to be manipulated.      

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: